Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Nervous about dropping too far back. I wouldn't drop more than 3-4 picks. Otherwise, I stay where I am.

The BPA is probably Ealy, to be honest.But that's unweighted. With weights I think you're looking at Kouj.

Yeah, I don't think they move back too far, the thing is, looking back at the prospects who are left, there are a lot of guys I could see them taking.  If we're really going BPA, I'd agree that it's either Ealy or Lee, but I don't think there's any way in hell we take a WR with this 2nd rounder.  

It will be interesting to see what happens.  I think we could end up with some pretty good talent in the fourth, so I'm not entirely against dropping back far enough to nab another 4th rounder.

I  echo this too. i think we trade back for those teams who want Lee, WR USC. I think the Texans take Carr and that leaves us in the drivers seat. Jags would love to get Lee for their shiny new toy Bortles. A nice trade back pick up a 4-5 and take the best OL/DL available.

Agreed. I'd really be disappointed if we missed out on kuandjo and Filo tho but with the guys left like lee I'm sure someone will want to move up. Someone mentioned the jags - I agree. Someone to pair with Bortles since Blackmon is suspended.

Yeah, I don't think they move back too far, the thing is, looking back at the prospects who are left, there are a lot of guys I could see them taking.  If we're really going BPA, I'd agree that it's either Ealy or Lee, but I don't think there's any way in hell we take a WR with this 2nd rounder.  

It will be interesting to see what happens.  I think we could end up with some pretty good talent in the fourth, so I'm not entirely against dropping back far enough to nab another 4th rounder.

I think Lee is too much of a risk factor here. I kinda have the same feeling about Kouj. Though a bit lessened. I think this is a pick we HAVE to hit on, regardless of who it is. So for that reason I think we shy from Lee.

I was surprised more people on here haven't brought his name up.. I don't think he'd be the right pick but he's got be the best available on a lot of people's boards

I'm not against Kony Ealy at all. He would be an excellent pick. Where does everyone have Van Noy, Lawrence and Attaochu graded.

I cant imagine we would take Bryant at this point. Guys still like Lee, Allen, Latimer and Mathews. 

I cannot imagine the Texans would take Carr. Do they really want to go through that again? 

Mayock has Cyrus Kouandjio as his #24th best player in the entire draft. The value is there. You dont trade back and risk losing that guy.  

Many other teams passed him and for good reason.  I was hoping he'd get drafted so we wouldn't be put in that position.  Mayock may like him, but many others do not.

What I'd like to see would be a scenario where we trade back 4-5, pick up a later pick, get a good OL like Bitonio, then deal back up into the 2nd later and snag a Nix or Jernigan.

Of course I don't know ****, last night was a reminder of that. I watch the draft and try to call the picks as they happen, I got stoned again and again.

I was surprised more people on here haven't brought his name up.. I don't think he'd be the right pick but he's got be the best available on a lot of people's boards

He has serious inside pass rushing potential. Would be far and a away best player. Matt Miller had him as the 9th overall player.

I'm confused as to why so many posters are adamant about trading back.  Some even seem to think that teams would be willing to give up a 3rd rounder to move up half a round in the second round.  That's what the Eagles got from the Browns in a bidding war to move up in the first round.

And many of you arguing in favor of trading down are pointing to the depth of the draft.  That's true, but it also means the other teams are aware of that factor and won't be as motivated to move up.  It's not as if these moves happen in a vacuum or the Skins somehow have superior knowledge.

Unless Bruce gets blown away by a trade offer or he's only moving back a handful of picks (and honestly what are the odds of that), he needs to lock down a young, cheap starter with this pick.  Preferably an OL/LB.

I think Lee is too much of a risk factor here. I kinda have the same feeling about Kouj. Though a bit lessened. I think this is a pick we HAVE to hit on, regardless of who it is. So for that reason I think we shy from Lee.

The only reason I feel a LITTLE better about Kouandjio is because Dr. Andrews gave him the medical go ahead.  But I agree, I'm not comfortable with him and our history of injured players turning out (they don't).  

I think if someone really wants Lee then make them pay for him, if they won't, select a player.  

The other thing is, to me, it seems like there are a lot of OL guys that I'd be really happy with.  On the defensive side, there aren't very many guys who don't play CB that I'd want.  I know the draft gurus might know better, but it seems like we could end up with a starting guard and RT if we went after those positions for this and next round.  However, our defense is what was terrible last season.  

I wouldn't be unhappy if we went RT and G with the first 2 picks, but we needed defense and it doesn't look like we can find those day 1 starters anymore (other than Nix).

These are just off-the-cuff remarks, as I haven't looked to hard at the guys left, but the names that pop out at me are backup OLB or OL.

I think the Jags stay put and take whatever comes to them. Lee probably falls to them anyway if that's who they want. There's also Latimer, Allen Robinson. There's also going to be some nice OL there they could grab if Lee ends up being off the board.

I really doubt we trade down at all.

I've been watching clips of Chris Borland, the past few months, and found myself cringing at the thought of another team stealing him.

Could this dude be the best kept secret in this years draft?    Thoughts?

Not sure of his measurables, but looking at his film, I'd sure like to see him on the Cowboys!

Many other teams passed him and for good reason.  I was hoping he'd get drafted so we wouldn't be put in that position.  Mayock may like him, but many others do not.

Can't you say that about every player available?  XD ''Many other teams passed him and for good reason''

Im cool with going O-Line, but if one of those DL men are ranked higher, I want us to draft that position. Obviously need OL, but man, our DL  generates NO push. QBs have FOREVER to throw against us. We need a young beast in there. But ONLY if they have DL player ranked higher then the OL men that are available.

Hatcher and one gapping as well as Baker most likely starting over Bowen or Jenkins should help. That being said, I'm fine with adding a young talented DL to the rotation. Possibly Tuitt?

I'm on board with a small trade back if the right partner is there.  I really want to see an early OL choice, and Moses, Bitonio, and Kouandjio are all there.  I'd be happy with any of the three, and if we can get one of them at 38/39 or so and grab a 4th or something to go with it, I'm on board.  If not, take one of them at 34 and I'll be happy.

Can't you say that about every player available?  XD ''Many other teams passed him and for good reason''

In that context I was comparing it to Mayock vs other "media scouts".  It's silly either way.  If the team likes him take him, but he certainly isn't a player "we can't afford to miss" by trading back. 

Also interested to see who is going to be left at the top of the 3rd.

Holding out hope for someone like Scott Crichton, Gabe Jackson, Justin Ellis, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Troy Niklas, Trent Murphy, Demarcus Lawrence, Martavis Bryant, Dion Bailey (underrated), Craig Loston

I'd be happy with any of those in the 3rd if they are there

I think we should wait and see who is there at CB in the 4th, let someone else take Jean-Baptiste/McGill

Archived