Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

I think some people are really underrating Kouandjio as a prospect. If the knee checks out he is def a 1st round prospect imo. I think Eric Striker beating him like a drum in the bowl game really left a bad taste in peoples mouth, but remember Striker is 218 pounds. He has movement skills of a safety. He would make most 330 pounds look bad on a speed rush.

He def needs to improve his pass protection technique, but he has great size, long arms, really good run blocker, and good mobility. I think he would drastically improve our oline. 

I think some people are really underrating Kouandjio as a prospect. If the knee checks out he is def a 1st round prospect imo. I think Eric Striker beating him like a drum in the bowl game really left a bad taste in peoples mouth, but remember Striker is 218 pounds. He has movement skills of a safety. He would make most 330 pounds look bad on a speed rush.

He def needs to improve his pass protection technique, but he has great size, long arms, really good run blocker, and good mobility. I think he would drastically improve our oline. 

Also check the VTech game. Got beat by smaller rushers. That's really his only problem. I know Alfred would be very happy with him as our new run blocking RT.

Which is great for them, but who's throwing and catching the ball?

Exactly. Rams are loaded with talented players...but they keep not winning. Sam Bradford is not the player people hoped he would be. He is still only 26 but he needs to soon show he can be a great QB.

Exactly. Rams are loaded with talented players...but they keep not winning. Sam Bradford is not the player people hoped he would be. He is still only 26 but he needs to soon show he can be a great QB.

Yeah. I think they should have gotten Watkins at #2. They already have a pretty decent RT in Joe Barksdale and obviously money tied up in Jake Long, so Greg Robinson didn't make much sense to me even though he's gonna be a great player. They could move him to guard but a #2 pick on a guard? I don't think so. Could move Barksdale to guard too. I just think they could have found a good guard/OT later in the draft.

If they had grabbed Watkins and Donald and then go QB in the second round I would have liked that from them. Then if that 2nd round QB/Bradford didn't work out, you grab a QB next year in the 1st with Sammy Watkins already in place as your premier target.

I understand what you are saying but i am really tired of us taking chances on someone instead of taking a more sure thing. I know the whole thing is a crap shoot. But the guy already has a bum knee. Will it heal 100%? Probably. But why do probably when you have other guys out there at in the same conversation in terms of ability but have not had an injured knee?

I will support whoever is picked. but to me it will be a sign there has really been a change in the FO if we stop drafting these guys coming off injury or some other "IF".

I guess questions about knees scares a lot of teams off.  Before the combine he was projected to be a 1st round pick.  A lot of analysts still thought he would be a 1st round pick.  Last year Kiper had him as one of the best OT prospects in the country.  I'm a bit worried about the knee because I think at #34 overall, we can get a less risky 1st round talent and play it more safe.  That said, Dr. Andrews said there is absolutely nothing wrong with Cyrus' knee and the reports about his knees are BS.  If that's the case, then we can get a beast OT who will be our RT.

The thing with trading back is that there are some solid guys we can use as bargaining chips to do so.

Lee is probably the big one, possible 1st round talent sitting there. If you're a WR needy team, you probably need to at least think about pulling the trigger.

If Carr escapes Houston, he's a huge bargaining chip. Lots of teams need qbs, Carr is BPA there, so a team 8 or so spots down might be willing to move.

Other guys teams might move for are Tuitt, Moses, and Attachou.

It all depends on circumstances. If we want Tuitt or Filo, go him at 34 since there's a drop after them. If we specifically like Cyrus, we need to weigh the odds that the negative reports will exert downward on his stock against the odds that he'll get taken. If we like all of the OTs (cyrus, joel, and moses) or NTs for that matter, we can likely trade back around 7-10 spots or so without too much fear of them all being gone.

It's a balance. If we go Cyrus, that's fine. If we go someone else, fine too. If we decide to trade back, it should still work. I really don't think we can go wrong here.

Why do so many people want to go WR with #34? lol... let's draft a WR in the early 2nd round so he can be our 4th WR. Right...

Did you live under a rock? Andrews was the one who told the Skins not to play him in 2012.

Actually I think you may have missed the bus....Andrews cleared him for the Seattle game, and gave Shanny the thumbs up for the Baltimore game, when RG3 ran back onto the field!

I understand what you are saying but i am really tired of us taking chances on someone instead of taking a more sure thing. I know the whole thing is a crap shoot. But the guy already has a bum knee. Will it heal 100%? Probably. But why do probably when you have other guys out there at in the same conversation in terms of ability but have not had an injured knee?

I will support whoever is picked. but to me it will be a sign there has really been a change in the FO if we stop drafting these guys coming off injury or some other "IF".

Who's to say those other options with no history of injuries will be a gaurantee. You never know who might play out to be great or out of the league in a few years!! ifs is everywhere...thats the pos and cons....never know is all im saying

Charlie Casserly just said he is by far the highest left player on his board. I think Mike Mayock also had him left highest (24). 

I think it's a no brainer. He droped because of knee issues. That scares me...but the only way to get a first round guy in the second is when he falls because of a redflag. We got great inside info about his knee. If Andrews gave us the green light then we just should take him. 

The board and need just come together with this pick. 

whats Tuit's injury?

DT available- Nix, Jernigan, Tuitt

DE available- D Lawrence, Ealy, Crichton

Im guessing OL, or LB but who knows

Was in hopes of trading up in 1st round but with LEE ,wr,HYDE,rb and CARR,qb still on the board could we swing a trade for us to get extra picks as the draft is still deep with underclassmen that need a little seasoning?

Thoughts at 34

Marqise Lee is prolly BPA but he is a duplicate of the WRs we already have in terms of skillset. But he would make one hell of quadruplet DeSean, Garçon, Roberts AND Lee? Silly. Also there are other WRs out there with similar grade but different skillset

For next BPA would be Kouandjio (but there are still some good tackles left)

Jernigan-DL I like this kid, reminds me of Cofield

and there aren't many DL like him left (Tuitt, Quarless)

Martavis Bryant/Jordan Matthews best of the rest WRs fit the speed/size mold

Whos you best available Dukes?

It's really the OT's for me. Kouandjio and Moses. 

Buts its all moot anyway ......gotta go OLB here

Demarcus Lawrence would be a fantastic pick if they go that route. Kony Ealy would be a good 3-4 DE fit if they put a little weight on him. 

Just take Su'a-Filo.

300+ lbs with great athleticism....and more importantly 2 good knees.

This guy is going to be a perennial Pro Bowler/All-Pro type player.

I know nothing about the guy other than what you posted.

And I'm thinking of Lava-Lava Lenny, from the old Doonsbery cartoons.

"He was the best Front Four we ever had".

"Five. He was up to five".

Who's to say those other options with no history of injuries will be a gaurantee. You never know who might play out to be great or out of the league in a few years!! ifs is everywhere...thats the pos and cons....never know is all im saying

I believe I made that very point myself - "It's all a crap shoot"!!!!   I get it!!   I am saying though that from a percentages standpoint you have a better percentage chance of being right when the guy isn't already injured!!!   I am tired of going after guys who are injured and hoping!   Why not get a guy who is healthy!   He has a better chance, "NO GARAUNTEEEE!!"    I better chance!!

Archived