Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

If you caught the intro to the draft, it was done right up the road from me, my bowling partner is a cop in the town of Ogdensburg N.J. and he was on set for the filming of the draft intro, they shot it in a tunnel on one of the back roads of this small town, and his front yard, we were bowling tonight and watching him and his son, and their television debut :) at the start of the draft at the sports bar at the bowling alley, pretty cool!

Like our remaining options :)

I hope we go Kouandjio if we're absolutely 100% certain there's no degenerative knee issue. Talentwise BPA, just frightened by the rumours.

If not clear other BPA-type options would be Bitonio, or for me trade back into the middle of the round and draft Gabe Jackson, who I like better than Su'a-Filo and it might be worth gambling will be available further down.

I want Bitonio.....Kouandjio's knee is a concern, {can anyone say; Malcolm Kelly} And I am not a fan of Moses!

My feeling is; Kouandjio underachieved in college...yes, guy is a monster, but didn't really play like it, I wont be disappointed if we do draft him, but I think we will be better off with Botonio.

I also think we are in a pretty good position to start dealing down, and load up!

The right side of the OLine is dreadful. An upgrade at right tackle is long overdue.

That's definately a point, but our secondary is also dreadful and improving the DL would improve the secondary also.

To me, that's a tough choice to make right now.

OL or DL?

Honestly I would feel great with either Nix, Sua Filo or Bitonio.

But I'm pretty sure that we may have interesting options in the 3rd. There's some great names still available and some of them will fall to the 3rd, obviously.

Now, if I look it on a position by position value, what's left if we don't take Nix and he's gone in the 3rd? Jernnigan, he might not be there as well. To me, not much, especially the NT position, where everyone know we don't have a true NT, even if Cofield is doing great at this position but would be way better on the end.

On the other hand I still believe that there are some viable options in the OL even if Bitonio, Sua Filo are gone. Kouandjio, considering his medical status might even slide to the 3rd. So we might even get some great help in the 3rd, maybe with a Weston Richburg pick that would anchor our C and thus improve the whole OL play. Still, Mewhort, Chris Watt are good options to me as well.

So, to me we probably have more interest in drafting DL at 34.

If we have a nice option to trade back a few pick and gather another pick in the 3rd or 4th could be interesting as well. But since it requires two teams to trade, I won't bet on it.

Nix is the best option at 34 for me.

My feeling is; Kouandjio underachieved in college...yes, guy is a monster, but didn't really play like it, 

Who is the current RT for the Bengals? Andre Smith. He is also a monster with some concerns in the pass blocking and people saw him as underachiever. I think Jay might like him.

If it would be mine pick I would draft Nix III or trade down because I don't see a lot of difference between: Kouandjio - Bitonio - Sua - Tuitt - Hageman - Nix - Jernigan. I would grade them pretty much the same. So if we could drop a little and still grab one of these guys I'm very happy. 

Who is the current RT for the Bengals? Andre Smith. He is also a monster with some concerns in the pass blocking and people saw him as underachiever. I think Jay might like him.

If it would be mine pick I would draft Nix III or trade down because I don't see a lot of difference between: Kouandjio - Bitonio - Sua - Tuitt - Hageman - Nix - Jernigan. I would grade them pretty much the same. So if we could drop a little and still grab one of these guys I'm very happy. 

Whats your point? Jay wasn't around when they drafted smith

Whats your point? Jay wasn't around when they drafted smith

My point is that Jay Gruden started in 2011. That´s exactly the point where Smith got better. In his first two seasons he didn´t look that great. He stepped up in 2011 when Jay came on board. Last year they resigned him to a new deal. When Jay was the coordinator. So he must have like the guy.

He made him better. So probally Jay likes to work with these kind of tackles. Even with the Tuskers it looked like Jay prefered the bigger runblocking OT. 

The problem with Smith from the get go was; he is lazy...CK doesn't seem to be that type, and if his knee checks out maybe he is the best of the remaining linemen?

IMO; the best thing we can do for our defense right now, is to keep them off the field...sustained long offensive drives by our offense, will do more to keep them fresh, and more productive than probably anything we are going to be able to do with this draft.

I wouldn't want to have to play against our offense, if our offensive line is blowing defenses off the line of scrimmage with Almo coming behind them for 4 quarters???? And then throw in the play action pass, with RG3's ability to run? WE COULD WEAR DEFENSES OUT!!!! And it would go a long way to keeping RG3 healthy... Give me O=linemen.

2nd-Botonio or Kouandjio

3rd-Gabe Jackson / Trai Turner or Billy Turner

4th-S-Ahmad Dixon

I would love to some how get Marcus Martin with a trade down, I just think our center position is a huge part of our line problems, and don't know if moving Kory Lichtensteiger to center is going to cut the mustard?

Our o-line is "the" most important position that we need to address, if we can grab those guy's, we are on our way to big time football!

The right side of the OLine is dreadful. An upgrade at right tackle is long overdue.

Totally agree and I'd be pleased if that's the way we go - which is what the insiders are saying is likely to happen unless we get a good trade down offer. But I also think getting a really good NT (which I think Nix will be) would make a huge impact on or defense. I'd be happy with either Nix or Kouandjio or even Marquise Lee - I think you can make a case for all three of those being first round talent.

We haven't had the best luck with knees, but if the doctors are OK with it then Kouandjio would be the choice on OL. If the doctors have some doubts then I'd go with Su'a Filo instead.

However I wouldn't be surprised at all if we spent the top picks on defense this year. Nix or Hageman would be solid choices.

Why are some looking at WR with our 34? We have 3 legit WR's, And a pass catching TE, where would you put Lee? Just throw Roberts away, along with our 34th pick for a 4th option in the passing game? Don't get it?????

Best case scenario is Carr falls to us, and a team offers something good to move up to grab him. Raiders, Buc's, are likely suitors.

Archived