Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Although RG3 had knee concerns too...

I don't either though, just speaking to why he's a good player and in play at 34.

He had an injury, then played well after recovery. Not many were particularly concerned about, specifically, the knee during the draft. I don't like it when knee integrity is actually a big question at the time of the draft.

Are the knee concerns legit or do they all stem from an unconfirmed report? Cyrus played every game and Saban claims he never missed a practice in the two season following his injury.

A lot of NFL teams red flagged him because of the knee thing. Knee injuries on big guys like that can always come back and cause problems. I'd be happy with him as the pick, I just don't see the point of taking a risk on his medical when Bitonio and Su'a-Filo are great OL prospects themselves with clean medical records.

I really don't think we can go wrong at this point.

Tuitt would make the DLine ridiculous.

Su'a-Filo is the top rated guard and would immediately kick Chester off the roster.

At tackle you've got Cyrus, Morgan, and Joel.

Jace Amaro is there if you want to add another dimension to our TE corp.

No secondary guys really jump out at me, but we're in a good spot.  If we want a tackle, and we like all three of those guys, maybe we leverage a tradeback, pick up an extra 3rd or 4th, and take them in the mid-40s.

That's great, but I just don't like using high picks on people with knee concerns.

That knee injury happened 3 years ago, nothing since, has been cleared by Dr. James Andrews. His brother hurt both knees very badly so the lingering concern about him stems more from that and fear of a chronic issue. Andrews works with Alabama and Skins, so he would have most info on this. 

A lot of NFL teams red flagged him because of the knee thing. Knee injuries on big guys like that can always come back and cause problems. I'd be happy with him as the pick, I just don't see the point of taking a risk on his medical when Bitonio and Su'a-Filo are great OL prospects themselves with clean medical records.

Because the team doctor has cleared him and his ceiling, according to some draft reports and also IMO, is higher than the 2 guards. If your team doctor has cleared a player and you think his ceiling is high and he grades better than the rest available then you should take him. If teams let injury scares always dictate who they draft the Vikings wouldn't have Adrian Peterson.

Aw man should we have traded for DJAX now that Marquise Lee is still there lol

We didn't trade for him, but definitely because it was "free" in terms of draft picks. Which allows us to use #34 on another starter.

Wouldn't it be possible to nab RT Moses or RT Bitonio at 34 and trade up to nab G Xavier a few picks later?

This would give us insurance if Lauvo doesn't work out, and protect the right side of the OL.

There will be some good OL still for interior at the top of the 3rd likely so not really imperative we trade mid round picks to move up back into the 2nd. There are a lot of excellent players still available, several of whom were projected 1st round and fell, so others will fall into the 3rd as well.

Wow.. we really cant miss tomorrow..

Su'a-Filo, Xavier OG 6'4" 307 UCLA     5.9     Bitonio, Joel OT 6'4" 302 Nevada     5.8     Kouandjio, Cyrus

Tuitt, Stephon DE 6'5" 304 Notre Dame     6.1     Lawrence, Demarcus DE 6'3" 251 Boise St.     6.0     Hageman, Ra'Shede DT 6'6" 310 Minnesota     6.0     Nix, Louis NT 6'2" 331 Notre Dame     5.9     Jernigan, Timmy NT 6'2" 299 Florida St.     5.8     Ealy, Kony

Lee, Marqise

WR 6'0" 192 USC     6.2     Moncrief, Donte WR 6'2" 221 Mississippi     5.9     Adams, Davante WR 6'1" 212 Fresno St.     5.7     Matthews, Jordan WR 6'3" 212 Vanderbilt     5.7     Robinson, Allen WR 6'2" 220 Penn St.

That knee injury happened 3 years ago, nothing since, has been cleared by Dr. James Andrews. His brother hurt both knees very badly so the lingering concern about him stems more from that and fear of a chronic issue. Andrews works with Alabama and Skins, so he would have most info on this. 

Because the team doctor has cleared him and his ceiling, according to some draft reports and also IMO, is higher than the 2 guards. If your team doctor has cleared a player and you think his ceiling is high and he grades better than the rest available then you should take him. If teams let injury scares always dictate who they draft the Vikings wouldn't have Adrian Peterson.

You're correct. As I said, I'd be happy with the pick because I think he'd be an awesome fit as a big, nasty, run blocking RT that would make Jay happy seeing some bigger guys on the OL. I just don't want us to get burned is all.

Now if take Kouandjio, gimme Gabe Jackson in the 3rd...

I completely forgot about Jernigan, Hageman, and Nix III.

Yeah, frankly, we have to try REALLY hard to screw this up.  There are about a dozen guys who we could pick who would be worth 34 who could make an impact almost immediately.

Su'a-Filo is the top rated guard and would immediately kick Chester off the roster.

We would save so much money doing this!  Correct me if I'm wrong, but we haven't even designated a June 1 cut.  We'd save 3.5 million this year and 4 million next year by June 1 cutting Chester.

Talent wise, it makes sense.  Financially, it makes sense.  Long term, it makes sense.

Something to be worried about with Jernigan.  He's a NT, that's below 300 pounds, with T-Rex arms.  Now he's athletic, so he's gotten by very well at the college level.  But in the NFL, where everyone's more talented, with better technique, do we really think he'll do as well?

His arm length is 31.5 inches.  He's not really going to contribute as a pass rusher.  I don't see him as BPA at #34.  Later in round 2, alright.  But now, no.

I've been watching clips of Chris Borland, the past few months, and found myself cringing at the thought of another team stealing him.

Could this dude be the best kept secret in this years draft?    Thoughts?

edit:

I really like Gabe Jackson as well. He and the Bulldog OL completely dominated the LSU front 4. I mean completely. 

Like jk said, if we go RT in the 2nd, and Jackson is still there in the 3rd, our OL would have great potential.

Archived