Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp news/tweets

Hitman21ST

Would they save any money at all by cutting Adam? I'm sure there is some sort of cap hit this year but would they save any money next year or something? Because they need to cut him. He is an awesome dude and a great guy but 2 years off the field....and he is a average lineman at best...C'MON MAN

If you assume that Carriker is the worst starting D linemen we have, and you assume he's average, then we have a very good - great line.

Carriker IS an average 3-4 DE though. 

Nothing special but just adequate. He does his job well and doesnt have any extra baggage. Problem is, it looks like this injury isnt going away, and he's somewhat overpaid.... two strikes against him.

Not saying I want to see him go, or see him being released soon... but it certainly would not surprise me.

**Edit**: 

As it stands right now, Carriker is on track to be the 4th highest paid Redskin next year at just under $7 million (granted thats likely to change with the estimated 25-30mil in salary cap space available during the summer of 2014)... I highly doubt he stays around at that number given he's expected to miss another full season.

Yeah it's not looking good for the big homie. Too bad.

Next man up.

And Baker is going to make some money this year, watch.

Heard on the radio he was working at DE. Might be a good move, but isn't he big for a DE?

I might consider rotating cofield and baker between DE and NT.

But that does provide a way to keep Baker, Nield and Cofield on the team.

Doesn't say much for the backup DEs though.

wait, so who was the guy that had the ban from the nfl that can get re-instated august 31st of this summer?

Tanard Jackson FS. Long, long shot that he ever wears a Redskins uniform again IMO.
I think it depends on if they give him a legitimate shot, but I wouldn't blame them in the slightest if they don't. I'd put his chances ahead of the two guys we just signed (it was two safeties, right?), and I'd say his talent could put him ahead of Gomes and Pugh. If they keep 5 I'm giving him a fighting chance. With that much baggage though I'll agree it's unlikely.

Edit: My mistake, they signed a safety and corner.

Alfred Morris press conference is starting now...

let me guess ... did it go something like this, humble remark, unselfish comment, team first sentiment, something about no let down or resting on laurels, another humble remark, etc. etc. yawn ... ;)

I'm all for humble players and team guys, but the dude can give it a break when he starts saying things like "I want to forget about last year" and "I'm going to tell myself I haven't made it yet"

Ugh that's just dumb

I don't get why Morris trying to avoid conplacency is dumb.

Personally speaking, that should be the mantra of the ball club EVERY new season. Even if your coming off a SB winking season, my first meeting as Coach the next would be to impress upon them all that last season is gone and the hard work starts all over again right NOW! You get nothing this year for what you did last and we're starting out level with 31 other reams again. NOBODY'S, be they fresh faced rook or seasoned vet.; place is guaranteed from past exploits and they all have to be earnt again this season.

The Butler to me is just being the type of perfect professional you want on your team an is keeping himself grounded and avoiding any complacency to keep working hard and strivimg to be the best.

Hail.

Personally speaking, that should be the mantra of the ball club EVERY new season. Even if your coming off a SB winking season, my first meeting as Coach the next would be to impress upon them all that last season is gone and the hard work starts all over again right NOW! You get nothing this year for what you did last and we're starting out level with 31 other reams again. NOBODY'S, be they fresh faced rook or seasoned vet.; place is guaranteed from past exploits and they all have to be earnt again this season.

The Butler to me is just being the type of perfect professional you want on your team an is keeping himself grounded and avoiding any complacency to keep working hard and arriving to be the best.

Hail.

Trust me, I love the kid, he balls hard and has the perfect attitude. Just something about it just seems kinda over the top humble, to me it's just too much lol. I think it's possible to not be self centered without talking down on yourself every time you get in front of a mic. There's nothing wrong with being publicly excited about having a stellar rookie year as an rb and winning the division.

let me guess ... did it go something like this, humble remark, unselfish comment, team first sentiment, something about no let down or resting on laurels, another humble remark, etc. etc. yawn ... ;)

I'm all for humble players and team guys, but the dude can give it a break when he starts saying things like "I want to forget about last year" and "I'm going to tell myself I haven't made it yet"

Ugh that's just dumb

You posted in the Fletcher thread from 2 days a go 'too hype' but not a word about London saying:

“Really, in the National Football League, you are always on your last year of your contract for the most part. This is just the nature of the business. I have scratched and clawed my whole career. I came in as an undrafted free agent, so I was on the last year of my contract 16 years ago when you really think about it. It’s not something I spend a lot of time with. I’m focused on this season and that’s pretty much it and the rest will take care of itself.”

Morris is the same mind set, earn it every practise/game/year.

That's a good thing ;)

The Butler to me is just being the type of perfect professional you want on your team an is keeping himself grounded and avoiding any complacency to keep working hard and arriving to be the best.

Hail.

Trust me, I love the kid, he balls hard and has the perfect attitude. Just something about it just seems kinda over the top humble, to me it's just too much lol. I think it's possible to not be self centered without talking down on yourself every time you get in front of a mic. There's nothing wrong with being publicly excited about having a stellar rookie year as an rb and winning the division.

Trust me i'm sure Alfred is not down on himself, he's saying what he's supposed to say in front of the cameras as a professional athlete. I like how Morris handles himself as an athlete it's refreshing. 

Ugh that's just dumb

How would you feel if he came out and said "I proved myself last year, I think I can relax now and just milk it" .....or words to that effect? 

He was great last year and that earns him the first snaps in camp and almost certainly the first start in the regular season. Beyond that as a professional football player, especially a 6th round pick who the team don't have a lot invested in, you have to earn everything you get from there. If Morris starts fumbling, missing cutbacks or dancing in the hole how long do you think it would be before he was riding the pine?

Its a very short distance from the field to the bench to the street.

Yeah it's not looking good for the big homie. Too bad.

Next man up.

And Baker is going to make some money this year, watch.

Heard on the radio he was working at DE. Might be a good move, but isn't he big for a DE?

I might consider rotating cofield and baker between DE and NT.

But that does provide a way to keep Baker, Nield and Cofield on the team.

Doesn't say much for the backup DEs though.

I think it says more about Baker.  Everyone thinks I'm crazy for being so high on the kid.  I didn't find out until yesterday (from Chris Russell) that Seattle actually matched our offer over the offseason and he chose to stay with us.  That's awesome.

I think Carriker was a baller, but I think (as everyone has said) after missing two seasons, that's about it for you.  And we must find a way to keep Golston off of this defensive line... so I'm rooting hard for Merling and/or Brace or Chigbo.

As far as size goes, Haloti Ngata plays DE for the Ravens all of the time.  Imagine him lining up out there with that penetration and having Rak or Kerrigan out there on the other side of him.  Baker is going to take up two blockers so you're putting Kerrigan or Rak one on one with a TE off the line.

It's time we saw a little creativity out of the personnel groupings from Haz.

Archived