Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp news/tweets

Hitman21ST

Darn it...  Injury bug biting early this year.  

Let's hope that is now behind us.

Hoping for a good day at camp.

I'm pretty sure we lost the most games in the NFL last year due to injury. We have the worst luck with injuries 

There are 31 other teams that can say the exact same thing. It's football.

Terrible news about KRobinson.  People always want to make conspiracy theories out of injuries, but I'm a "crap happens/bad luck" guy.  I think it was just bad luck.  I really hate it for him, and I hope he makes a speedy recovery.  I think Kehl could play well in a pinch.

Good news about he DBs.  Minnifield turning heads.  I still don't see any scenario where we cut Crawford.  And for those complaining about his conditioning...cut the guy some slack.  If you've ever returned kicks before, you would know how much of an "uncontrolled sprint" it is when there's a guy right on your tail.  The adrenaline will zap it out of you, and quick.  The young man made the game winning play, but he's excitement got the best of him.  Who cares. 

Time for CBaker to stand up and be accounted for.  Me and DC9 got our Baker horns out, and we are tooting them as loudly as we can. :)

P Conner

REX GROSSMAN ON A PA ROLL OUT QB KEEP! #Evolution #RedskinsRVA

If anyone has a video of this I'll plug my laptop in so I can watch the whole play.

LOL!! Am I the only one who picked up on how hysterical this is? Good job sir. :D

I hear they clocked him with a sundial.

From everything I have read, RT does not appear to be a position that will be upgraded this camp.  Though early, none of the three have shown that they will be better than previous years.

Besides the secondary, this was the one position I was hoping to get better.

Yeah.  I'm disappointed that there are no mentions of Tom Compton.

Terrible news about KRobinson.  People always want to make conspiracy theories out of injuries, but I'm a "crap happens/bad luck" guy.  I think it was just bad luck.  I really hate it for him, and I hope he makes a speedy recovery.  I think Kehl could play well in a pinch.

Good news about he DBs.  Minnifield turning heads.  I still don't see any scenario where we cut Crawford.  And for those complaining about his conditioning...cut the guy some slack.  If you've ever returned kicks before, you would know how much of an "uncontrolled sprint" it is when there's a guy right on your tail.  The adrenaline will zap it out of you, and quick.  The young man made the game winning play, but he's excitement got the best of him.  Who cares. 

Time for CBaker to stand up and be accounted for.  Me and DC9 got our Baker horns out, and we are tooting them as loudly as we can. :)

Say what?

The guy got tackled by the punter.....not Sav Rocca style take down, but just tacked because he slowed up.

I'm sure that he tested positive for punt return capablitly before the game, but it's a legitimate question to ask where is the juice in this guy if he's going to return punts?

Say what?

The guy got tackled by the punter.....not Sav Rocca style take down, but just tacked because he slowed up.

I'm sure that he tested positive for punt return capablitly before the game, but it's a legitimate question to ask where is the juice in this guy if he's going to return punts?

And?  That was still the longest return we had last season.

I'm pretty sure we lost the most games in the NFL last year due to injury. We have the worst luck with injuries 

There aren't 31 other teams that can say they had the most games lost to injury to starters, though...

Hope Califan will be around to post you all updates from twitter cause I'm about to be at Moms down in SC (country) where it's only edge network

I'm iffy for today lol...grateful you were able to add in what you did *thumbsup*

There aren't 31 other teams that can say they had the most games lost to injury to starters, though...

We lost the second most.  Good call though, I knew it was bad, but not THAT bad.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/databases/20130109-nfl-team-by-team-injuries-can-cowboys-use-health-as-an-excuse.ece

Won't hear any complaints from me but we might be FORCED to keep 6 cb's in Hall, Wilson, Biggers, Amerson, Crawford and Minnifield. Going to be some extremely tough cuts this year ladies and gentleman.  :(

Maybe play Hall some at FS.

And hell, he played some WR in college and for the Falcons.  If he could still do it that clears some reciever room

Say what?

All I'm saying, in my opinion, him getting gassed had much more to do with his nerves than his conditioning.  Rookie, biggest stage of his life, I think the adrenaline sucked it out of him.  I'm not worried about his "juice" at all.  He'll get better at handling his emotions as he gets more experience.  I expect him to have a nice year as our return man.

P Conner 14 min ago

Scary moment. RG3 goes to step over yellow baricade and gets foot caught and slips. Stands up. No knee damage. Standing Ovation from crowd.

Would have been awesome if RG3 grabbed his knee and acted like he was in pain... only to pop up 20seconds later with a "Got ya!" expression on his face....

Nothing about the 1,500 heart attacks that would have happened in those 20 seconds sounds awesome though

Won't hear any complaints from me but we might be FORCED to keep 6 cb's in Hall, Wilson, Biggers, Amerson, Crawford and Minnifield. Going to be some extremely tough cuts this year ladies and gentleman.  :(

I don't think Crawford is a lock.. 

He hasn't really shown much (as a cornerback) thus far in his NFL career. I think we've all learned from Brandon Banks that it's not a great idea to keep guys around to solely return kicks.

We'll see though... I can't wait for these preseason games to start

He was coming on as a corner at the end of the year in the nickel, don't discount Dick to see some serious playing time. 

Kehl is a baller. But I see/saw him more as a long-term (2-4 year) veteran presence replacement for Fletcher. Need a long term heir apparent who can stay healthy.

Mark this down as a first bro' but I disagree.

Kehl is little more than an emergency back-up who's solid on teams to keep him sticking around.

If he has to start for any duration, you'll see why he's had the average back-up career he's had.

I know you aren't man, but too many got caught up in a solid pre-season against mostly scrubs from him and translated it into the real thing.

Hail.

He hasn't really shown much (as a cornerback) thus far in his NFL career. I think we've all learned from Brandon Banks that it's not a great idea to keep guys around to solely return kicks.

Definitely understand however if you release crawford he's going to be picked up immediately and with the knee issue minnifield has you almost have to keep crawford. if you cut crawford and minnifield gets hurt you go from possibly having 5 corners to 4 in the blink of an eye. 

I would not be surprised to see 6 corners, considering what they have and how they played last year. 

Won't hear any complaints from me but we might be FORCED to keep 6 cb's in Hall, Wilson, Biggers, Amerson, Crawford and Minnifield. Going to be some extremely tough cuts this year ladies and gentleman. :(

To be fair, he was what, a 6th round pick? Playing the 4th corner spot (as a rookie especially) it's pretty difficult to do 'much'. Although he got beat for the td and 2pt conversion in Dallas, his coverage was fairly tight, and he made a great play on Dez at the sideline (not to mention his int). Good reports from camp along with very solid punt returns makes him pretty close to a lock. Now if someone else steps up at punt returns then that changes things.

I think he'll probably be a lock with it breaking down like this:

Hall

Wilson

Biggers

Amerson

Crawford

Minnifield

Absolutely right, don't see how it would work any other way with the need in that position. And that looks a ton better than last year. 

I can help with the Tweets for a bit Cali if you need me to....

Paul Conner
@P_Hazard

#Redskins Practice is starting #RedskinsRVA

Paul Conner
@P_Hazard

Players starting their stretches #RedskinsRVA pic.twitter.com/nWQQa6N4sH

Jake Russell
@_JakeRussell

Here's former #Redskins linebacker Khary Campbell working with the team. pic.twitter.com/hw81z0Kcfj

A little whanot

NFL
@nfl

The RGIII hype at Redskins camp has reached Tebow-ian levels of insanity, per @JeffDarlington: http://on.nfl.com/15lcJQf

Redskins
@Redskins

In case you were wondering, yes...Santa Claus is a #Redskins fan. #HTTR #NiceList http://instagram.com/p/cPZoXEojR_/

Rich Campbell
@Rich_Campbell

Chris Baker moved from nose tackle to left defensive end b/c of Adam Carriker's injury. He explains the adjustment: http://wtim.es/1e0yhUb

wait, so who was the guy that had the ban from the nfl that can get re-instated august 31st of this summer?

Tanard Jackson FS. Long, long shot that he ever wears a Redskins uniform again IMO.
I think it depends on if they give him a legitimate shot, but I wouldn't blame them in the slightest if they don't. I'd put his chances ahead of the two guys we just signed (it was two safeties, right?), and I'd say his talent could put him ahead of Gomes and Pugh. If they keep 5 I'm giving him a fighting chance. With that much baggage though I'll agree it's unlikely.

Edit: My mistake, they signed a safety and corner.

Redskins will get a roster exception once he comes off suspension.

So they will essentially have 2-3 weeks to keep him on the team and see what he's capable of before deciding to release him or not.

The coaching staff LOVES TJax... so assuming (big assumption here) he comes off suspension in great shape and focused/determined, I can definitely see him sticking around while our young guys learn..

I think they use TJax as the emergency backup plan during the season.  I think it's probably a pretty good chance he won't get picked up with all those strikes against him, so come middle of the season, say if the injury bug hits the secondary, they've got a guy they like that has at least some familiarity with the system out there.  Bring him in from the jump once he's off suspension is probably too risky, IMO.   And there's really no spot for him right now.  But I don't doubt they'll make it known that he should keep himself ready cuz the phone could ring at any moment.  

From everything I have read, RT does not appear to be a position that will be upgraded this camp.  Though early, none of the three have shown that they will be better than previous years.

Besides the secondary, this was the one position I was hoping to get better.

Yeah.  I'm disappointed that there are no mentions of Tom Compton.
They're giving Compton a go at left tackle early in training camp.

Archived