Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp news/tweets

Hitman21ST

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/24/more-surgery-for-adam-carriker/

Redskins defensive end Adam Carriker said in June that he expected to start training camp on the PUP list and that looks like a prediction that will come true.

When he might get off that list is the subject of considerably less
clarity. Tarik El-Bashir of CSNWashington.com reports that Carriker
needs to have another surgery on his right leg and he remains without a timetable for a return to the field

Is anybody showing up to watch the walk through tomorrow?  I am planning on trying to get to the parking lots around 8:00.

I'll be working there tomorrow and have to report in at 8! I wish I could use my phone to tweet, unfortunately they won't allow us to do that.

Is anybody showing up to watch the walk through tomorrow?  I am planning on trying to get to the parking lots around 8:00.

I'll be working there tomorrow and have to report in at 8! I wish I could use my phone to tweet, unfortunately they won't allow us to do that.

I know that the walk through starts at 10:00, but do you know when the gates will open?

I know that the walk through starts at 10:00, but do you know when the gates will open?

I'm actually not sure... I would imagine sometime between 8:30 and 9, but that's just a guess. I say that because I'm not sure why some of us would be showing up that early if we are just going to be standing around with nothing to do.

If anyone didn't know...there is a webcam up. Kind of far away, but I feel like someone was driving the thing today. It was zooming in on the field when there was some action earlier (right around when lots of media folk started tweeting they were kicked out because they were not allowed to watch what was going on...haha). It was a little annoying because it also seems to auto-pan to the parking lot, a lot.

You can also look at the archived images and see the construction progress going back to January.

http://www.richmondgov.com/Mayor/RedskinsTrainingCampCamera.aspx

Edit: Looks like they took the webcam live stream and archived images down sometime after day one of camp. Boooo! Hopefully it will be back. 

@MikeJonesWaPo: Adam Carriker confirms he'll have a third surgery on right quad area. Says in text "I will not be stopped! #Driven"

I don't see anything on a timetable yet but you have to think its likely he is heading for IR with possibly that designation that he can be reinstated during the season.

Adam's situation is really going to depend on what they see when they cut him open. I've heard a few scenarios but I'm dropping them just yet because again, it depends on what & how the surgery goes.

@MikeJonesWaPo: Adam Carriker confirms he'll have a third surgery on right quad area. Says in text "I will not be stopped! #Driven"

I don't see anything on a timetable yet but you have to think its likely he is heading for IR with possibly that designation that he can be reinstated during the season.

I actually might have some info on Carriker.  My gf works at the physical therapist in Reston that he is going to go too.  He is scheduled to go there this Friday.

Just packed the car ... So excited to head to camp in the AM. Will be parking in the burgundy lot (I think it's part of the lot closest to the entrance to camp) ... Won't have any true tailgating setup but planning on gettin there around 830 to hang out before heading in. Might pick up some donuts when we get to town if you want to stop by for a snack.

I actually might have some info on Carriker. My gf works at the physical therapist in Reston that he is going to go too. He is scheduled to go there this Friday.

Careful not to violate any HIPPA regulations ;)

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/24/more-surgery-for-adam-carriker/

Redskins defensive end Adam Carriker said in June that he expected to start training camp on the PUP list and that looks like a prediction that will come true.

When he might get off that list is the subject of considerably less

clarity. Tarik El-Bashir of CSNWashington.com reports that Carriker

needs to have another surgery on his right leg and he remains without a timetable for a return to the field

The sun may be setting on Adam Carriker and the Redskins. I'd bet against him playing this year, and 2 years of inaction will be tough to come back from.

Just packed the car ... So excited to head to camp in the AM. Will be parking in the burgundy lot (I think it's part of the lot closest to the entrance to camp) ... Won't have any true tailgating setup but planning on gettin there around 830 to hang out before heading in. Might pick up some donuts when we get to town if you want to stop by for a snack.

I actually might have some info on Carriker. My gf works at the physical therapist in Reston that he is going to go too. He is scheduled to go there this Friday.

Careful not to violate any HIPPA regulations ;)

I think the burgundy lot, like the gold, is reserved for employees and players.

Really disappointed about the Carriker news. Rak is coming back but without Carriker we'll have to depend on Jenkins who was average at best last year. =\ Time will tell 

To be fair though, Jenkins was effectively coming off his rookie year and a major injury.  For him to be average was probably pretty good.  He has a chance to make a nice jump this year.

Archived