Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp news/tweets

Hitman21ST

Cousins starting off a bit slow, it seems...

Paul Conner

‏@P_Hazard

Too much air under Cousins deep passes

I seem to recall that his deep ball was a weakness in his scouting reports. Poor arm strength.

I hope Minnifield's knee holds up. He was playing well last season as well. We need all the help we can get in the secondary. Prognosis is not good, though.

What's up Doc? 

This.

But Dr. Richard Lehman of the U.S. Center for Sports Medicine said a combination of microfracture and two torn ACLs is never good. He's not a fan of microfracture surgery, calling it a short-term fix. He has not checked out Minnifield, but as a longtime doctor for multiple professional teams and as someone who is regularly consulted by NFL teams, he does know what the corner is up against.

"A guy who has microfracture and then tears his ACL and then you have to rehab that and it's your second rehab can only expect so much from the knee after that," he said. "It will only recover so well. You have weakened the knee and you can expect there to be further problems and difficulty getting back to 100 percent. ... What happens is you get weakening of the joint and you're at risk for further injury and at risk for early arthritis.

"

http://washingtonexaminer.com/redskins-cornerback-chase-minnifield-looks-to-reconstruct-a-promising-career/article/2522977

That's why I said that I hope his knee holds up.

Amare Stoudamire sort of had the same issue and you see (that is if you watch the NBA) what has happened to him.

I'm not seeing anything about Stoudemire tearing his acl again after microfracture, which Minnifield did. The doctor talking about Minnifield is talking about knee recovery after tearing the acl again (after microfracture surgery, and before fully healing).

I have a feeling Carriker never plays a down again.

That is what I think. We missed his outside pressure and run containment last year. Jenkins has a long way to go to match what he did in 2011. Many players look good at practice but cannot carry it over to game days and visa versa

I have a feeling Carriker never plays a down again.

That is what I think. We missed his outside pressure and run containment last year. Jenkins has a long way to go to match what he did in 2011. Many players look good at practice but cannot carry it over to game days and visa versa

This is a MASSIVE year for Jenkins with even more onus now Adam's lost.

It might only be his sophomore season in all respects given year one was a write off; but he sorely needs to step up his fame not least as a rush threat. The more push and pressure we can get up front the better and he generated next to nothing in that department last year.

I can see us looking at high end D-linemen again next spring if he doesn't progress.

Hail.

So does Carriker go on IR with the 4-5 month recovery?

That puts him at late November at the earliest. Week 12 or so. Worth a roster spot for that?

Easily. He left a gaping hole at defensive end when he went down. Then they hope he doesn't fall off a cliff like Chris Cooley.

Easily. He left a gaping hole at defensive end when he went down. Then they hope he doesn't fall off a cliff like Chris Cooley.

That would be because Jenkins hadn't fully regained confidence in his knee. Later in the year he was doing a lot better and regaining his form from his rookie year. Assuming he continues with that growth, I don't think the hole will be as gaping as you think.

That puts him at late November at the earliest. Week 12 or so. Worth a roster spot for that?

With no camp or pre-season behind him?

Nah. Shut him down completely for this year. Hope he fully recovers then reassss next Spring.

He'd just be playing catch-up and not much use to us at the business end of the year.

Hail.

With no camp or pre-season behind him?

Nah. Shut him down completely for this year. Hope he fully recovers then reassss next Spring.

He'd just be playing catch-up and not much use to us at the business end of the year.

Hail.

Of course. For some reason, I thought the poster was wondering about cutting Carriker.

Some Keim observations from today:

John Keim
@john_keim

Pierre Garcon made a couple nice grabs over the middle, as did Josh Morgan. Hankerson caught 1 w/cushion from Cousins off zone read fake.

Anxious to see more of Rambo. Came up well on one run support, but will learn much more about him in games. knock on him: speed deep mid.

Chase Minnifield w/no brace on his knee. Saw him handle Hankerson in 1 press-man situation. Jammed him; tight coverage on comeback

Ryan Kerrigan did a good job vs. Tyler Polumbus, showing good leverage on consecutive rushes, getting inside. Ryan was quicker w/his hands

Kirk Cousins had some issues with the deep ball; there was a breeze today tho. Hung a couple up high; one fluttered. DBs had time to recover

More from Keim,

The one time I was able to focus on Brandon Jenkins, he did a good job playing low, drove into Polumbus pads.

Jeremy Trueblood's footwork will need to improve if he wants to make the roster.

LB Bryan Kehl had a nice pick in the flat off a bad decision by Kirk Cousins, trying to dump the ball off. Don't think he saw him coming up

But Thompson was on the field today and that's a good sign for him. Did not show the "twitch" he wanted, but that's a confidence issue.

DeJon Gomes had a nice pass breakup on a deep ball this afternoon. He's going to be in a fight for a roster spot this summer.

Would they save any money at all by cutting Adam? I'm sure there is some sort of cap hit this year but would they save any money next year or something? Because they need to cut him. He is an awesome dude and a great guy but 2 years off the field....and he is a average lineman at best...C'MON MAN

Would they save any money at all by cutting Adam? I'm sure there is some sort of cap hit this year but would they save any money next year or something? Because they need to cut him. He is an awesome dude and a great guy but 2 years off the field....and he is a average lineman at best...C'MON MAN

If you assume that Carriker is the worst starting D linemen we have, and you assume he's average, then we have a very good - great line.

If you assume that Carriker is the worst starting D linemen we have, and you assume he's average, then we have a very good - great line.

I'm just saying whats the point of having someone on the roster who has been on the IR 2 years straight and to continue paying him

Archived