Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp news/tweets

Hitman21ST

Espn_nfceast

Camp injuries hit Cowboys where it hurts

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nfceast&id=53070&src=desktop

Guess that voodoo doll backfired...

Pretty gloomy outlook from Graziano's standpoint:

Every team has question-mark areas, but in few places

are those question marks such proven season-sinkers as they are in

Dallas. The injuries they've suffered at the start of camp,

unfortunately for them, hit the Cowboys at their weakest point, and

raise fresh doubts about their ability to correct their biggest

problems.

Redskins

LB @Rak98: "There's always an unwritten law: next man up. I'm very confident in the guys...to fill that void." #RedskinsRVA

SOW

#Redskins 'Rak said new guys are getting the new defense -- picking up Haslett's defense quickly.

SOW

#Redskins on Brandon Jenkins - Rak says he's been looking great, been sharing tips with him

P conner

Training Camp is no joke. Guys run off the field and you can see them through windows already lifting weights #RedskinsRVA

P Conner 14 min ago

Scary moment. RG3 goes to step over yellow baricade and gets foot caught and slips. Stands up. No knee damage. Standing Ovation from crowd.

Would have been awesome if RG3 grabbed his knee and acted like he was in pain... only to pop up 20seconds later with a "Got ya!" expression on his face....

Darn it...  Injury bug biting early this year.  

Let's hope that is now behind us.

Hoping for a good day at camp.

I'm pretty sure we lost the most games in the NFL last year due to injury. We have the worst luck with injuries 

I'm pretty sure we lost the most games in the NFL last year due to injury. We have the worst luck with injuries 

Its "the curse" for sure.

Couple of my observations from yesterday's afternoon practice:

• Pat White isn't an NFL QB. No arm strength & no pocket presence.
  • TWilliams ran 50 yard sprints on his own when everyone else was resting towards the end of the day.
  • JReed is huge. He looked much taller than his listed 6'3" He was in a blocking drill with Paulsen - 6'5" - and looked to be taller. He has long loping strides and long arms.
  • CThompson looked quick and wasn't wearing any type of knee brace/wrapping
  • LeRib looked puffy around the midsection but he moved well the plays I followed him
  • CNeild had some good push off his left (injured) leg. He was wearing a brace (not as big as RG3)
  • Baker helped collapse the right side of the OL with some impressive push. I couldn't tell who was trying to block him.
  • RT (couldn't tell who it was) got abused many times by DE (couldn't tell). It wasn't Polumbus although he got shoved back a couple of times.
  • Minnefield looked good out there in the 11-on-11
  • Practice ran like clockwork. Pretty impressive organizationally. Guys constantly moving like a well oiled machine.
  • Last but not least: Why is it that a douchebag Cowpie fan has to show up wearing that nasty jersey? Just gtfo & crawl back in your hole attention whore.

Its "the curse" for sure.

not sure if serious.....

Thought,

You know I thought Kehl looked pretty good last year in TC at least the "one day" I went haha. Made some plays got an INT. he was cut last summer and now his the backup. Hope he can step up and provide us with some good play

Won't hear any complaints from me but we might be FORCED to keep 6 cb's in Hall, Wilson, Biggers, Amerson, Crawford and Minnifield. Going to be some extremely tough cuts this year ladies and gentleman.  :(

I don't think Crawford is a lock.. 

He hasn't really shown much (as a cornerback) thus far in his NFL career. I think we've all learned from Brandon Banks that it's not a great idea to keep guys around to solely return kicks.

We'll see though... I can't wait for these preseason games to start

Won't hear any complaints from me but we might be FORCED to keep 6 cb's in Hall, Wilson, Biggers, Amerson, Crawford and Minnifield. Going to be some extremely tough cuts this year ladies and gentleman.  :(

He hasn't really shown much (as a cornerback) thus far in his NFL career. I think we've all learned from Brandon Banks that it's not a great idea to keep guys around to solely return kicks.

Definitely understand however if you release crawford he's going to be picked up immediately and with the knee issue minnifield has you almost have to keep crawford. if you cut crawford and minnifield gets hurt you go from possibly having 5 corners to 4 in the blink of an eye. 

P Conner 14 min ago

Scary moment. RG3 goes to step over yellow baricade and gets foot caught and slips. Stands up. No knee damage. Standing Ovation from crowd.

Would have been awesome if RG3 grabbed his knee and acted like he was in pain... only to pop up 20seconds later with a "Got ya!" expression on his face....

NO!  That's terrible, he'd be charged with manslaughter from giving a 1000 fans a heart attack.

Won't hear any complaints from me but we might be FORCED to keep 6 cb's in Hall, Wilson, Biggers, Amerson, Crawford and Minnifield. Going to be some extremely tough cuts this year ladies and gentleman. :(

To be fair, he was what, a 6th round pick? Playing the 4th corner spot (as a rookie especially) it's pretty difficult to do 'much'. Although he got beat for the td and 2pt conversion in Dallas, his coverage was fairly tight, and he made a great play on Dez at the sideline (not to mention his int). Good reports from camp along with very solid punt returns makes him pretty close to a lock. Now if someone else steps up at punt returns then that changes things.

Won't hear any complaints from me but we might be FORCED to keep 6 cb's in Hall, Wilson, Biggers, Amerson, Crawford and Minnifield. Going to be some extremely tough cuts this year ladies and gentleman. :(

To be fair, he was what, a 6th round pick? Playing the 4th corner spot (as a rookie especially) it's pretty difficult to do 'much'. Although he got beat for the td and 2pt conversion in Dallas, his coverage was fairly tight, and he made a great play on Dez at the sideline (not to mention his int). Good reports from camp along with very solid punt returns makes him pretty close to a lock. Now if someone else steps up at punt returns then that changes things.

I think he'll probably be a lock with it breaking down like this:

Hall

Wilson

Biggers

Amerson

Crawford

Minnifield

From everything I have read, RT does not appear to be a position that will be upgraded this camp.  Though early, none of the three have shown that they will be better than previous years.

Besides the secondary, this was the one position I was hoping to get better.

Archived