Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp news/tweets

Hitman21ST

Does Jarvis Jenkins have an opportunity to appeal since it is a 1st offense?

I'm not saying he would win the appeal or even that he isn't guilty, but if his story is true that whatever substance he tested hot for is not even listed on any banned list, I am not sure how he can be penalized for it.

I'm not saying he isn't just trying to weasel out of this, I would just like more info on the substance and if it is indeed on a banned list somewhere.

My initial reaction was that this made sense as he was coming off a season-ending injury, was kind of lack-luster for most of 2012, but started coming on towards the end, so maybe PEDs were used to help him recover faster.

UUUUUUUUUGH.  Of all positions.....

Paul Conner
@P_Hazard

Xavier Nixon working at LT. Pat White unloads bomb but overthrows A.Robinson a tad. Didnt know he had that in him #RedskinsRVA

Paul Conner
@P_Hazard

#Redskins working on Kick Return Left, and Kick Return Right #RedskinsRVA

Redskins
@Redskins

Today's punt returners: A. Robinson, C. Thompson, S. Dawson, N. Williams, R. Crawford. #RedskinsRVA

Paul Conner
@P_Hazard

Niles Paul is bigger than most up-men blocking for him #RedskinsRVA

Paul Conner
@P_Hazard

15 mins of 7 on 7#RedskinsRVA

Paul Conner
@P_Hazard

H.A.R.M. starting secondary right now #RedskinsRVA

(New nickname for the secondary??? I like it)

Paul Conner
@P_Hazard

Biggers in slot before Josh Wilson this time #RedskinsRVA

Jake Russell
@_JakeRussell

RGIII working in 7-on-7's. #Redskins pic.twitter.com/FiG5ELh6g0

Chris Russell
@Russellmania980

3rd pass INC with some shuffling of feet. "@ESPNRadio980: Robert first completion and snap in 7s a short dump to Morris and then to Logan"

Paul Conner ‏@P_Hazard 22sRG3 throws deep to J.Reed but batted away by Kehl who had man coverage #RedskinsRVA

Joe Gibbs picked players that wanted to act right, look right and have the fear of God. Today parents do not expect children to be home at a decent hour or care what goes in or on their body. Miss you Joe.

yeah...whats that, our 4th or 5th player in the past 3 years to be suspended 4 games? SMH.

ESPN 980
@ESPNRadio980

Shanny says hopefully our players will learn that they can NOT use anything not labeled NSF (safe for illegal supplements/product)

Jake Russell
@_JakeRussell

RT @TarikCSN Jenkins said he lost his appeal with the NFL. Bought product at GNC.

Jake Russell
@_JakeRussell

RGIII just did a full sprint towards the endzone. Naturally the fans reacted with cheers.

Joe Gibbs picked players that wanted to act right, look right and have the fear of God. Today parents do not expect children to be home at a decent hour or care what goes in or on their body. Miss you Joe.

yeah...whats that, our 4th or 5th player in the past 3 years to be suspended 4 games? SMH.

I think Gibbs overlooked Dexter

Zac Boyer
@ZacBoyer

#Redskins' Shanahan said James Andrews will perform Keenan Robinson's pectoral surgery "in about a week." No idea on his prognosis yet.

Zac Boyer
@ZacBoyer

#Redskins' Shanahan on Rambo: "Well, first of all, let's not talk about a starting spot yet." He's in there because of competition.

Redskins
@Redskins

Shanahan credits the team's depth at nose tackle for @cbaker92redskin moving to DE. Credits Baker's athleticism for versatility.

Grant Paulsen
@granthpaulsen

Jarvis Jenkins: "First of all, I want to apologize to my fans, my parents, the Redskins .. it was surprising news, an honest mistake."

Mike Jones
@MikeJonesWaPo

Jarvis Jenkins said he learned of the positive drug test in March and appealed it then, but learned today he lost.

Zac Boyer
@ZacBoyer

#Redskins' Shanahan said Davis is starting to get back into football shape. He has looked a little rusty since the Achilles tear.

Redskins
@Redskins

Shanahan on @LFletcher59: "He said he feels much better, has more flexibility. I've been very impressed with what I've seen so far."

Grant Paulsen
@granthpaulsen

Jarvis Jenkins: "It was a simple mistake but I'm going to accept my responsibility like a man. I'm going to come back stronger from this."

Grant Paulsen
@granthpaulsen

Jarvis Jenkins found out about his failed performance enhancing supplements test at end of March. Thought he could win appeal, but didn't.

ESPN 980
@ESPNRadio980

Shanahan says he has instructed Meriweather to take it easy, that's why he was held out of team drills today. He may be out Sat.

“@caplannfl: With the Redskins dealing with an injury at ILB, source confirmed the team is bringing in former Broncos LB Joe Mays for a visit.”

Sorry can't find right thread lol

“@caplannfl: With the Redskins dealing with an injury at ILB, source confirmed the team is bringing in former Broncos LB Joe Mays for a visit.”

Sorry can't find right thread lol

Alfred Morris press conference is starting now...

let me guess ... did it go something like this, humble remark, unselfish comment, team first sentiment, something about no let down or resting on laurels, another humble remark, etc. etc. yawn ... ;)

I'm all for humble players and team guys, but the dude can give it a break when he starts saying things like "I want to forget about last year" and "I'm going to tell myself I haven't made it yet"

Ugh that's just dumb

How would you feel if he came out and said "I proved myself last year, I think I can relax now and just milk it" .....or words to that effect? 

He was great last year and that earns him the first snaps in camp and almost certainly the first start in the regular season. Beyond that as a professional football player, especially a 6th round pick who the team don't have a lot invested in, you have to earn everything you get from there. If Morris starts fumbling, missing cutbacks or dancing in the hole how long do you think it would be before he was riding the pine?

Its a very short distance from the field to the bench to the street.

Cmon, I wasn't saying that. I would hate to hear one of our players say something like that. We've seen that plenty. I'm not asking for Morris to "keep it real" as an NFL standout. I'm just saying the way he comes off to me, it just seems kind of over the top. Maybe it's the off season. I love the blue collar nature of several of our players, but not all of them feel they have to keep talking about how vanilla they are, in every single interview.

At the end of the day, I much prefer Morris over a lot of the diva players in the NFL. I DO hope the attitude catches on. I hope he knows it's okay to be excited about making an impact, but duh of course it's not cool to cash out and mail it in

Has Garcon been anything BUT wide open through the first 2 days?  Dude has already convinced me he is ready.

Rest the dude to keep his foot/toe/heel or whatever at tip top condition.

What we need from our WRs is a legit #2 to emerge.

Archived