Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp news/tweets

Hitman21ST

Re: Hall and Football Outsiders dismal rankings of him (and other DBs)

It was LL who asked them, IIRC, how they did their grades because he was grading games and coming up with incredibly different numbers -- not small variances, mind you, but MASSIVE differences.

Football Outsiders stated in no uncertain terms via twitter that DB's are graded by the WR they line up against. IE, if Hall is playing zone and the receiver catches the ball on a slant, Hall is penalized in their system instead of the LB who actually had the coverage in that area of the field.  They ONLY grade CB's based on who they line up against.

For this reason, Football Outsiders' defensive ratings for DBs are going to always skew HEAVILY in favor of teams who ran a lot man.

In other words, Football Outsiders DB ratings are worse than useless. They don't just make mistakes -- they make mistakes that heavily penalize players for things entirely outside their control. They might as well penalize Garcon for Hankerson's dropped passes.

I'm positive the thing with LL was ProFootballFocus and not Football Outsiders.

Alfred Morris press conference is starting now...

let me guess ... did it go something like this, humble remark, unselfish comment, team first sentiment, something about no let down or resting on laurels, another humble remark, etc. etc. yawn ...  ;)

I hate when interviews go like that. I expect more selfish, me first attitudes on the team! /sarcasm

Alfred Morris press conference is starting now...

let me guess ... did it go something like this, humble remark, unselfish comment, team first sentiment, something about no let down or resting on laurels, another humble remark, etc. etc. yawn ...  ;)

That Alfred is so unselfish, i'm sick of these unselfish guys, act like you haven't been there before for once Alfred smh  ;) lol

Can we start a new thread that is devoted to training camp tweets? 

But this conversation is precisely about a training camp tweet lol...

Not about the Skins, but....

ProFootballTalk

@ProFootballTalk

Percy Harvin's hip injury could require surgery

Paul Conner

@P_Hazard

All QBs faking handoffs and rolling out. RG3 looks as smooth as all of them

Redskins,

Cofield: 'We Want To Be A Top-5 Defense': As far as NT and defensive captain Barry Cofield is concerned, the g... http://bit.ly/1bRXZxf

Classy tweet from Bernstein on Coach Mike.

No need for him to do that on a day he must be totally down.

Mark of the man. Good luck Jordan in your future endeavours.

Hail.

*Edit* Betnstine even

It was here at Extremeskins informing me of Bernstein before I went to TC, to "watch him" last yr.  Remember that "Big/Loud hit" he had in practice and the oohs that came after it from everyone.  Hope the Best, HAIL

Rich Campbell,

RG3 to Pierre Garcon: http://vine.co/v/hAaqjE5TAjV

Sportscenter,

THIS JUST IN: Seahawks WR Percy Harvin has torn labrum, could require surgery. Harvin will seek a second opinion. (via @AdamSchefter)

Archived