Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp news/tweets

Hitman21ST

Oh, now I know why this site wouldn't let me log on this morning.  :ols:  It's Back!!

That you guys for the hard work.

I was having problems around 11:00 this morning.  It kept saying 403 Forbidden.  I thought work had blocked the site. 

What really sucks is, our Fiscal Year started July 1, which means this is my busiest time of the year.  Hard to come in here and read the TC info and keep up with work.

Oh, now I know why this site wouldn't let me log on this morning.  :ols:  It's Back!!

I was having problems around 11:00 this morning.  It kept saying 403 Forbidden.  I thought work had blocked the site

So did mine and so did I.  I almost had a heart attack and probably did have a minor nervous breakdown, lol.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN now

As expected, Trent, 'Steiger, Monty, Chester, Polumbus. Doubt that changes. RT @rwj64: Rich who is the 1st team OL players taking reps?

I was having problems around 11:00 this morning.  It kept saying 403 Forbidden.  I thought work had blocked the site. 

What really sucks is, our Fiscal Year started July 1, which means this is my busiest time of the year.  Hard to come in here and read the TC info and keep up with work.

I thought I got banned again and had to think of what I could have possibly said. I went to bed sober at 8:30.  :ols:  :ols:  :ols:

Can we just stop with the "Hall is a bad player/mentor/tutor" schtick? It's old. Out of all the DBs on the team, I would want Hall teaching the rookies.

Let me check...No, not yet. When Hall quits being a bonehead I'll stop talking **** about the guy.

Can we just stop with the "Hall is a bad player/mentor/tutor" schtick? It's old. Out of all the DBs on the team, I would want Hall teaching the rookies.

Let me check...No, not yet. When Hall quits being a bonehead I'll stop talking **** about the guy.

the mentor role is overrated in the sense that the best players aren't always the best mentors.  If that was the case no one would ever need to draft based on talent... you would just need to hit once and the mentorship would span generations deep forever within your organization.

Grossman is a fantastic mentor.  Favre, Montana?  Not so much.

Aside from the incident in the Pittsburgh game, which we don't know all the facts but if what Hall said is true and the ref said something racial to him then I have no issue with it, what boneheaded thing did he do last year?

Kevin Jones

‏@Mr_KevinJones

Rookie CB David Amerson spoke very highly of DeAngelo Hall, saying Hall has been tutoring him

Nooooooo!!!!!

Seconded. Hall is an asset on this team, which is why he was resigned.

Just got back from the warm up practice. The last count I heard from the counter clicker person was 3,580 attendees, and that was at 11:15am. So far this has been huge in Richmond, I think they may even need to open up a little more space for the 3:20 practice.

Kevin Jones

‏@Mr_KevinJones

Rookie CB David Amerson spoke very highly of DeAngelo Hall, saying Hall has been tutoring him

Nooooooo!!!!!

Not really a schtick when he's continuously rated as one of the worst dbs in football by football outsiders. We don't need a young db who was roasted alive his final year in college (by trying to make a play over covering) to learn from a db that does the same thing.

"mentoring" is a vague term anyway, it doesn't necessarily mean he is being a life coach, it could just mean he is giving some insights into technique on the field.

Hall is a veteran and despite what we may think of him as a person or his play on the field, he has no doubt learned a lot from playing in the league, useful information in fact that will probably benefit Amerson to know, being a rookie who has been thrust into a starting role, perhaps prematurely due to Wilson's PUP status.

Kevin Jones

‏@Mr_KevinJones

Nooooooo!!!!!

Not really a schtick when he's continuously rated as one of the worst dbs in football by football outsiders. We don't need a young db who was roasted alive his final year in college (by trying to make a play over covering) to learn from a db that does the same thing.

come on that's not fair...DB's are going to get beat...he could just be telling him certain tendacies WR have..or to look out for this...or helping him study film

[Aside from the incident in the Pittsburgh game, which we don't know all the facts but if what Hall said is true and the ref said something racial to him then I have no issue with it, what boneheaded thing did he do last year?

You mean the game where he received TWO unsportsman like penalties and was ejected from? I remember him getting in a fight during the coin toss last year. I don’t think that has ever happened in history of organized sport before. Go back and take alook at this. This is the guy you want mentoring our young players? I'm not so sure about that dude.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000086406/DeAngelo-Hall-ejection

Football Outsiders doesn't take into account scheme or anything when grading DBs. I can't remember who asked them from here, I think it was KDawg. Their DB grades are flawed.

The second half of the season (at least) Hall was on top of his game and did a good job shutting down his man, peaking in the second Dallas game. He knows the scheme and knows what is required of DBs in it. He's the guy to go to if you want to ask a player something about the secondary responsibilities.

[Aside from the incident in the Pittsburgh game, which we don't know all the facts but if what Hall said is true and the ref said something racial to him then I have no issue with it, what boneheaded thing did he do last year?

You mean the game where he received TWO unsportsman like penalties and was ejected from? I remember him getting in a fight during the coin toss last year. I don’t think that has ever happened in history of organized sport before. Go back and take alook at this. This is the guy you want mentoring our young players? I'm not so sure about that dude.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000086406/DeAngelo-Hall-ejection

Someone never watched College Football in the 80's

Let's see: Hall gets suplexed by the receiver, who doesn't get flagged for it. He goes over to talk to the ref, then he gets the flag. If his story is true, and we have no reason to believe it isn't, the ref used a racial slur at him and he got upset. We've rehashed this over and over. The NFL looked into it and didn't suspend him, so there obviously was some merit to what Hall said.

And are you sure you're not thinking about Landry against the Eagles on Monday night a few years back? Hall never got into a fight during the coin toss.

You have one game against him. There are plenty others where he set the world on fire that are great examples. We get that you don't like him - that doesn't make him a bad person for young DBs to look to as a mentor.

"mentoring" is a vague term anyway, it doesn't necessarily mean he is being a life coach, it could just mean he is giving some insights into technique on the field.

Hall is a veteran and despite what we may think of him as a person or his play on the field, he has no doubt learned a lot from playing in the league, useful information in fact that will probably benefit Amerson to know, being a rookie who has been thrust into a starting role, perhaps prematurely due to Wilson's PUP status.

Agreed, Mikey.  And a rookie, a smart rookie, is also not going to tell a veteran "No thanks" and he's certainly not going to snub him in the media.

How about a little love for Amerson?

Ready for some Shanny coach speak. :)

Great news about Meriweather, Minnifield, Sleepy, JReed...glad to see them all on the field. 

Bernstine getting waived brought a tear to my eye.  I don't usually pour out my beer for anyone this early, but here you go JB.  Good luck to you, sir. :)

Did he say anything about Meriweather, Minnifield, or the rookies?

Ready for some Shanny coach speak. :)

Great news about Meriweather, Minnifield, Sleepy, JReed...glad to see them all on the field. 

Bernstine getting waived brought a tear to my eye.  I don't usually pour out my beer for anyone this early, but here you go JB.  Good luck to you, sir. :)

Did he say anything about Meriweather, Minnifield, or the rookies?

I don't think he's talking until after 7 on 7 this afternoon.

Let's see: Hall gets suplexed by the receiver, who doesn't get flagged for it. He goes over to talk to the ref, then he gets the flag. If his story is true, and we have no reason to believe it isn't, the ref used a racial slur at him and he got upset. We've rehashed this over and over. The NFL looked into it and didn't suspend him, so there obviously was some merit to what Hall said.

And are you sure you're not thinking about Landry against the Eagles on Monday night a few years back? Hall never got into a fight during the coin toss.

You have one game against him. There are plenty others where he set the world on fire that are great examples. We get that you don't like him - that doesn't make him a bad person for young DBs to look to as a mentor.

I have to give it to you you really got some nice burgundy and gold glasses. If you went back and just watched the video I posted (and you think it’s OK to take your helmet off, bump and cuss a referee) and you still want Hall mentoring our young players that’s on you.

Archived