Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp news/tweets

Hitman21ST

Enough of the Hall hate already!  It's a new season. We're all so excited to get the season going.  Way to bring down the whole thread.  Jeez, always gotta be one in the bunch. Start your own "I hate D. Hall" threads if you hate him that much.  Keep this to TC business.

I have to give it to you you really got some nice burgundy and gold glasses. If you went back and just watched the video I posted (and you think it’s OK to take your helmet off, bump and cuss a referee) and you still want Hall mentoring our young players that’s on you.

Rocky, don't dodge this question:

What would you think of Amerson (A ROOKIE) if he came to the team and refused mentorship from a veteran?

A veteran that:

1) The coaches put on the team

2) The coaches maybe assigned D. Hall to Amerson (we don't know)

3) That has tons of experience in the NFL and in this scheme?

How about you think a minute before you get poopy about D. Hall mentoring someone when you don't even know if Mike or Haz told them to do it.

Chill out, it's the first day of camp.

I have to give it to you you really got some nice burgundy and gold glasses. If you went back and just watched the video I posted (and you think it’s OK to take your helmet off, bump and cuss a referee) and you still want Hall mentoring our young players that’s on you.

I did watch the video. If you go back and read what I wrote about Hall reacting to what the ref said (you know, calling him a racial slur), then yeah, it is understandable. I never said it was OK, I said it was understandable. Big difference.

It's not just me that's OK with him mentoring and tutoring the rookies. Shanahan must, too, because he's allowing it. So, I guess that I'm glad it's on me.

But you just want to keep on blindly hating a player because whatever reason you have. I'll trust coach's judgment on him.

Let's see: Hall gets suplexed by the receiver, who doesn't get flagged for it. He goes over to talk to the ref, then he gets the flag. If his story is true, and we have no reason to believe it isn't, the ref used a racial slur at him and he got upset. We've rehashed this over and over. The NFL looked into it and didn't suspend him, so there obviously was some merit to what Hall said.

And are you sure you're not thinking about Landry against the Eagles on Monday night a few years back? Hall never got into a fight during the coin toss.

You have one game against him. There are plenty others where he set the world on fire that are great examples. We get that you don't like him - that doesn't make him a bad person for young DBs to look to as a mentor.

If what Hall claimed is true that referee is lucky he just got bumped.

I remember when fans were up in arms that Rex Grossman was "Mentoring" RG3, "Hes going to ruin him" "I don't want Rex anywhere near our QB" and it turned out well. Hall whether you like it or not is respected by young DB's and they will listen to what he says so I think it's a good move.  I'm sure Hall is telling Amerson good things because at the end of the day Hall want's to win too so guys relax with the stupid hall hate. 

Does anyone know is Chris Thompson participated in the walkthroughs ?

They were just talking about him on the radio.

Said he clearly has an extra gear that the other backs don't possess.

Legit homerun threat.

Amen to that.  And what's the deal with JWilson?  Didn't he just say he was cleared to practice?

Legit homerun threat.

If you had to handicap it, would you say Helu or Thompson?

I have both if Helu is healthy.  PS for Jamison :)

Most of what we have heard today so far has been about Robert and Rambo, because they move the needle.

Speaking of which, how did Rambo look?

You know, not a lot was said about how he looked.  Everyone was saying that he was out their with the first team with Hall, Amerson and Meriweather and then afterwards they talked to him and he was relishing the opportunity to play with the first team.

Does anyone know is Chris Thompson participated in the walkthroughs ?

Legit homerun threat.

Amen to that.  And what's the deal with JWilson?  Didn't he just say he was cleared to practice?

He tweeted that he was cleared right after this morning's walk through.  We'll see if he gets eased in this afternoon.

Chick Hernandez @CHICKatCSN 47m

Check out my chat with DeAngelo Hall at 6pm on CSN. Why he almost retired this year and if Safety is in his future. pic.twitter.com/ZIjjetfU4R

Most of what we have heard today so far has been about Robert and Rambo, because they move the needle.

Speaking of which, how did Rambo look?

They didn't really do anything this morning they said the first real practice was around 3:25 so thats probably when you'll hear how people are doing.

Re: Hall and Football Outsiders dismal rankings of him (and other DBs)

It was LL who asked them, IIRC, how they did their grades because he was grading games and coming up with incredibly different numbers -- not small variances, mind you, but MASSIVE differences.

Football Outsiders stated in no uncertain terms via twitter that DB's are graded by the WR they line up against. IE, if Hall is playing zone and the receiver catches the ball on a slant, Hall is penalized in their system instead of the LB who actually had the coverage in that area of the field.  They ONLY grade CB's based on who they line up against.

For this reason, Football Outsiders' defensive ratings for DBs are going to always skew HEAVILY in favor of teams who ran a lot man.

In other words, Football Outsiders DB ratings are worse than useless. They don't just make mistakes -- they make mistakes that heavily penalize players for things entirely outside their control. They might as well penalize Garcon for Hankerson's dropped passes.

Not really a schtick when he's continuously rated as one of the worst dbs in football by football outsiders. We don't need a young db who was roasted alive his final year in college (by trying to make a play over covering) to learn from a db that does the same thing.

Football Outsiders doesn't take into account scheme or anything when grading DBs. I can't remember who asked them from here, I think it was KDawg. Their DB grades are flawed.

The second half of the season (at least) Hall was on top of his game and did a good job shutting down his man, peaking in the second Dallas game. He knows the scheme and knows what is required of DBs in it. He's the guy to go to if you want to ask a player something about the secondary responsibilities.

I think that's ProFootballFocus.  Football Outsiders doesn't really do individual grades.  They'll grade how well a team as a whole defended the #1 WR, the #2 WR, the TE, and the RB in terms of production allowed depending on down and distance.

Alfred Morris press conference is starting now...

let me guess ... did it go something like this, humble remark, unselfish comment, team first sentiment, something about no let down or resting on laurels, another humble remark, etc. etc. yawn ...  ;)

Archived