Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Everybody hates free agency and super teams until it's their team.

Let Wall recruit Blake and Boogie to DC and they start stringing off finals appearances and everybody will suddenly be ok with it or have a reason why it's justified and different

We can barely even get meetings with stars, so we wouldn't even come close to sniffing something like that to then say "sucks to be everyone else". I also believe there's two different conversations here:

1. Individual player legacies when they do something like this

2. Teams not being able to hold on to their stars in any way to prevent ending up in rebuilding mode out of nowhere

• Like 1

Cavs won 66 and 61 games in the last 2 pre-miami years. If you are good enough to be the top seed in the regular season with the best player in basketball, you are good enough to win a championship.

As for the idea that no one wanted join Cleveland during LeBron's heyday, that's simply not true. We let Antawn Jamison go to Cleveland because that's where he wanted to go. Larry Hughes chose Cavs over Wizards when he was a hot free agent.

If rest of Cleveland roster was so bad but LeBron carried them to 2 straight 60+ win seasons, what was he supposed to do with 2 superstars in tow in Miami? The notion that LeBron couldn't compete for a Championship in Cleveland is simply false. Both LeBron and KD were on contenders before they left. They both left for much easier paths to Championship elsewhere. That GSW is now better than Miami during LeBron years doesn't change those facts.

There are a number of points that I could disagree with you on, but the fact that you brought up Antawn Jamison of all people, means that we should probably stop talking to each other.... Forever. Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

Everybody hates free agency and super teams until it's their team.

Let Wall recruit Blake and Boogie to DC and they start stringing off finals appearances and everybody will suddenly be ok with it or have a reason why it's justified and different

Again, the difference is the Wizards suck and GS was already a dominant team.

Cavs won 66 and 61 games in the last 2 pre-miami years. If you are good enough to be the top seed in the regular season with the best player in basketball, you are good enough to win a championship.

As for the idea that no one wanted join Cleveland during LeBron's heyday, that's simply not true. We let Antawn Jamison go to Cleveland because that's where he wanted to go. Larry Hughes chose Cavs over Wizards when he was a hot free agent.

If rest of Cleveland roster was so bad but LeBron carried them to 2 straight 60+ win seasons, what was he supposed to do with 2 superstars in tow in Miami? The notion that LeBron couldn't compete for a Championship in Cleveland is simply false. Both LeBron and KD were on contenders before they left. They both left for much easier paths to Championship elsewhere. That GSW is now better than Miami during LeBron years doesn't change those facts.

This will be put to the test based on how OKC does this year. The Cavs were instantly a lottery team.

History won't care that he did this if they win 2-3 titles. Context is removed from history in most cases like this.

As it should be honestly

His legacy will be fine when he's dropping 30+ in the postseason and hoisting trophies.

We said the same after Lebron left and while the situations were vastly different the point is that the narrative has changed for only a handful of years later and Durant can change his too

Lebron's legacy changed significantly when he won the title for Cleveland. He was always going to be considered one of the greats, but bringing a title to Cleveland while beating the best regular season team in history after being down 3-1....That has more significance than what he did in Miami.

Again, the difference is the Wizards suck and GS was already a dominant team.

So super teams are ok as long as you're the one to start one? What if Harrison Barnes turned into a player of Durants quality the next 5 years? Does that somehow make his legacy different or improved because he happened to luck into being drafted by a super team?

Lebron's legacy changed significantly when he won the title for Cleveland. He was always going to be considered one of the greats, but bringing a title to Cleveland while beating the best regular season team in history after being down 3-1....That has more significance than what he did in Miami.

His legacy was already changing from the Decision backlash when he started stringing off all time great seasons in Miami and winning titles

That's pretty subjective. No one thought GS was a better situation before they won a Championship and no one thinks a player is leaving until they leave. I don't know about either city living wise but I guess you've lived in both so we can go with what you said. I don't know about having a better coach. Kerr didn't really seem to be missed when he wasn't there. GS does get the edge in the front office for sure but it isn't by a huge margin.

It's fine if Durant wanted to get out of his comfort zone though I'm not sure how going to a loaded team helps a player of his caliber grow.

I don't hold it against Durant for leaving, it's who he left for is what sucks to me. Sports are less entertaining when one team or one person so thoroughly dominates.

I have never been to either city but living in a consensus great city at the center of technology is probably better than living In a big city In a flyover state that nobody cares about.

I do t think it's debatable that Kerr is a better coach than Donovan or Brooks before him. GS Fo is bold enough to do something like this and roll the dice to be great. OKC stood pay for years trotting out Derek fisher in vital playoff minutes and shipping s top talent like Harden down riber

Lebron went and joined an almost past his prime Wade and a top PF in Bosh. The only problem with it was the way he did it. With the stupid Decision, and " not 1, not 2..." garbage. He never threw his hometown in the garbage at any point either. Then he joined a team of losers and beat the defending champions. There is no comparison. Durant choked to GS, then joined the defending two-time MVP for easy titles. Its garbage. His legacy will be the guy who sold his soul to beat the best. I could never root for that on my team.

• Like 1

So super teams are ok as long as you're the one to start one? What if Harrison Barnes turned into a player of Durants quality the next 5 years? Does that somehow make his legacy different or improved because he happened to luck into being drafted by a super team?

His legacy was already changing from the Decision backlash when he started stringing off all time great seasons in Miami and winning titles

I don't begrudge players leaving bad situations for a better situation. There are nuances to all of this. KD had one of the best players in the league in Westbrook and a damn good surrounding cast.

I don't really get the Harrison Barnes question. If Harris Barnes turned into a Durant player, that would improve his legacy. Not sure what being drafted by a super team has to do with that.

I have never been to either city but living in a consensus great city at the center of technology is probably better than living In a big city In a flyover state that nobody cares about.

I do t think it's debatable that Kerr is a better coach than Donovan or Brooks before him. GS Fo is bold enough to do something like this and roll the dice to be great. OKC stood pay for years trotting out Derek fisher in vital playoff minutes and shipping s top talent like Harden down riber

I hold nothing against GS in this entire situation. It might be interesting when guys get a lot less shots, but they did a great job. As far as OKC's front office. As a Wizards fan I would love to have their front office instead.

I don't begrudge players leaving bad situations for a better situation. There are nuances to all of this. KD had one of the best players in the league in Westbrook and a damn good surrounding cast.

I don't really get the Harrison Barnes question. If Harris Barnes turned into a Durant player, that would improve his legacy. Not sure what being drafted by a super team has to do with that.

I meant if Durant had been drafted in Harrison Barnes spot instead and spent his career on the Golden state super team, that is somehow better because didn't have a choice?

That's insane to me

Jamison and Hughes? Really?? Those cleaveland teams were flawed there was no one outside lebron to create their own shot, and no actual good player was going there. Edited by skinsfan1523

Then he joined a team of losers and beat the defending champions. There is no comparison.

Miami was a playoff team the year before and Wade was 29.

Jamison and Hughes? Really?? Those cleaveland teams were flawed there was no one outside lebron to create their own shot, and no actual good player was going there.

So Cavs won 60 plus games with elite defense for 2 years and was a top 2 seed for 5 straight years because everyone other than LeBron stunk?

Lebron went and joined an almost past his prime Wade and a top PF in Bosh. The only problem with it was the way he did it. With the stupid Decision, and " not 1, not 2..." garbage. He never threw his hometown in the garbage at any point either. Then he joined a team of losers and beat the defending champions. There is no comparison. Durant choked to GS, then joined the defending two-time MVP for easy titles. Its garbage. His legacy will be the guy who sold his soul to beat the best. I could never root for that on my team.

You don't have to worry about that lol  

Nor do I :(  But if that did happen to my team, I wouldn't care.  Winning championships is all that matters at the end of the day.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

Just heard the Thunder are exploring trade options now if Westbrook isn't going to sign long-term. Smart move by them. Try to get something for him instead of letting him walk for nothing. 

Cavs should offer them Kyrie. Imagine the drama! Lebron and Westbrook vs Curry and Durant.

Cavs should offer them Kyrie. Imagine the drama! Lebron and Westbrook vs Curry and Durant.

Oh you're just evil lol

I love it

Fans may want parity in the league but everyone tunes in when there's a dynasty going on.

Dynasties and dominant teams are good for leagues IMO.

It's always good to have a villain or a team that everybody else wants to knock off.

It also forves other teams to be more aggressive in getting better

Just heard the Thunder are exploring trade options now if Westbrook isn't going to sign long-term. Smart move by them. Try to get something for him instead of letting him walk for nothing.

What could you possibly get for him that would be worth it? Kristaps maybe? Possibly boogie?

Fans may want parity in the league but everyone tunes in when there's a dynasty going on.

Dynasty is boring.  Same team wins and everyone knows it from day 1. 

The difference here is that their are multiple super teams.  Everyone loves a super fight.