Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Will GS fans or fair weather fans call him that? No.

Will everyone else... yes. Now, and forever.

I'm trying to think of how he can salvage his legacy after this. Going back to OKC in a few seasons and building them back up from scratch like LeBron did in Cleveland? Not sure if he has enough alpha in him to do that though.

I am aghast that he just gave up on himself. The dude needed guidance. Someone needed to take him under their wing and explain to him that he's not friggin Scottie Pippen. That he should be Larry Bird. That he should take over his team and lead them and care about reaching his potential. He's not just some ****ing ordinary player. He needed to play with a Kobe Bryant or a Paul Pierce type of player early in his career that showed him the way. Then again, you either have that competitiveness in you or you don't.

• Like 1

Shaq could say he played along side of two of the greatest shooting guards of his era, Jordan could say he played with one of the best two way players, and one of the best rebounders... Need I go on ? 

Kobe never won prior to Shaq signing with the Lakers. Also, Shaq was in the twilight of his career out in Miami.

Jordan won nothing for what, 7-8 seasons before he dominated the league. Additionally, both Jordan and Pippen were drafted (basically) by the Chicago. The guy you are trying to compare here is Rodman, who although was a phenom rebounder and left a championship team in Detroit, is a complete clown that if he ever at any point had respect, left it with Kim Jong-un in Pyongyang years ago.

Let's be real...his legacy is a choker right now. Did Shaq have a legacy before Kobe and Wade ? Does he now ? Ehh...

One or two rings and as several have pointed out...many will not remember. 

2 rings for Malone and Stockton and they are considered easily top 3 duos of all time by many . Zero rings...they drop a bit. Not their fault really...they faced better duos. I hate the ring argument. I hate the loaded team argument, I hate the "he carried his team" blah, blah, blah. 

It's a team sport. Kerr, Horry, Grant, Fisher, and many others made huge shots and stops, in huge games. 

I'm a Lakers fan. I don't hate, I congratulate.

Big payday with an option to double down next year...that's business...not personal.

ANYONE of us would do that. If the NBA didn't want things like this to happen then EVERY player would have to approve of ANY trade involving themselves. Not one of them wants to be traded to Toronto. A franchise tag in the NBA would never, ever fly unless it was for double 2 years max salary for one season.

Apparently people's feelings got hurt

• Like 1

Not a huge Bball fan.

How is this any different than Lebron going to Miami?

The man went to an all star team to win and get paid. It's the NBA's fault for limiting parity and giving the players too much power, if anything.

Good for Durant.

LeBron got no help whatsoever. He didn't have the title-caliber roster KD had in OKC that had GSW dead in the water. That's how it's different and why many don't think it's equal

He is indeed free to do what he wants.

Edited by Sticksboi05

Kobe never won prior to Shaq signing with the Lakers. Also, Shaq was in the twilight of his career out in Miami.

Do I need to respond to your post beyond that sentence ? I should but I won't. 

Shaq had no rings without Kobe either up until that point. Kobe was a ROOKIE when Shaq came to LA. 

Its lame. How is it enjoyable to watch an allstar team play a team with at best, 1 allstar, 80-90% of the time?

"Did you see Messi last night!? He had 3 goals in 16 minutes against a 10 man Panama team! Wow, they are unstoppable."

-This is the type of stuff we are going to be seeing almost all year. Its going to be blowout after blowout bar some freak injury to atleast 3 of the starters. Nothing is fun when you know the ending. Not Game of Thrones. Not Walking Dead. Not sports.

LeBron got no help whatsoever. He didn't have the title-caliber roster KD had in OKC that had GSW dead in the water. That's how it's different and why many don't think it's equal

He is indeed free to do what he wants.

Gotcha.

But wasn't OKC mainly him and Westbrook?

Do I need to respond to your post beyond that sentence ? I should but I won't. 

Shaq had no rings without Kobe either up until that point. Kobe was a ROOKIE when Shaq came to LA. 

Sorry, I dont understand your point. Curry has 1 ring and 2 mvps already? Im not going to rehash that argument.

That is the part that confuses me. 

You follow the game fairly close over the years and know some history right ? 

Best player to ever wear a Wizards jersey...I will say there are a few candidates. 

I think its funny all yall hatin on KD.  Cause Im sure he dont give a ****.  So why should you or I give a ****?  Grow up people.  Like it or not, that's the way the NBA is set up, free agents have the right to sign where they want to to any team that can afford them.

KD did just that.  Don't like it?  Fine.  Do your little NBA boycott and don't watch any professional basketball.......that will teach'em!  pffftt lol

I'd rather us go back to the Jordan vs. LeBron feud, at least it actually means something.

• Like 2

Gotcha.

But wasn't OKC mainly him and Westbrook?

Durant is the only MVP caliber player in the NBA playing with another MVP caliber one. OKC was an elite team and Durant had plenty of support there. ****, he was a hair away from the Finals this year and he choked. LeBron's best teammate on those final Cleveland rosters was Mo Williams. They had no chance at beating Boston or LA. They were hopeless. Durant had the good fortune to be drafted by a strong organization that surrounded him with other stars and good young talent from very early in his career. Most very high draft picks are not that lucky. LeBron certainly wasn't.

More differences: when LeBron joined Miami, they were a mid seed also-ran that had been bounced from the playoffs in the first round three times since Shaq fell off a cliff. IIRC they had two players under contract when Shaq signed, Wade and Beasley. LeBron joined that team on the ground floor and led them to becoming a dynasty. Meanwhile Durant is joining the team that just finished the second greatest two year run in NBA history and set the regular seasons wins record.

When LeBron went to Miami, he was their clear cut leader and best player. Durant has accepted being Steph Curry's sidekick.

I've been a fan of Durant since he came into the league, genuinely admired him for being authentic and grounded and a class act, and I hate what this has done to his legacy. There is no way to sugar coat this. I feel embarrassed for him.

"Tell 'em why you mad son" - Mad Rapper

Hockey and basketball are completely different. Hockey is more of a team effort.

Hmm... Different sports...yet Jordan could NOT win without a team, or a coach. All praises due to Phil Jackson. He did the same thing with Shaq and Kobe too. 

Are you saying there was no effort from the rest of the team ? I don't think many expected the Warriors to dominate the league until the playoffs started, and then start to look lost at times. Sound familiar ? I say this as a Caps fan. 

Durant has not really built a legacy. A legacy needs more time and depth. 

I think its funny all yall hatin on KD.  Cause Im sure he dont give a ****.  So why should you or I give a ****?  Grow up people.  Like it or not, that's the way the NBA is set up, free agents have the right to sign where they want to to any team that can afford them.

KD did just that.  Don't like it?  Fine.  Do your little NBA boycott and don't watch any professional basketball.......that will teach'em!  pffftt lol

I'd rather us go back to the Jordan vs. LeBron feud, at least it actually means something.

Guy, people are allowed to have opinions. We are the same people who pay for tickets and merchandise and seats and NBATV and pay the owners that pay his salary. Nobody here is planning on flying to OKC to vandalize his home, we are allowed to voice an opinion. \Nobody said they were going to jump off a cliff, we just said we think it was a weak move, that's it.

I'm sure he doesn't give a ****. I'm not trying to make him care about my individual opinion.

"Tell 'em why you mad son" - Mad Rapper

Hmm... Different sports...yet Jordan could NOT win without a team, or a coach. All praises due to Phil Jackson. He did the same thing with Shaq and Kobe too. 

Are you saying there was no effort from the rest of the team ? I don't think many expected the Warriors to dominate the league until the playoffs started, and then start to look lost at times. Sound familiar ? I say this as a Caps fan. 

Durant has not really built a legacy. A legacy needs more time and depth. 

I thought you were essentially arguing Ovechkin should just go to the Penguins and win a Cup and I was going to say in hockey, it doesn't really work like that, at least nowhere near as automatic.

Edited by Sticksboi05
  • Like 1

So basically, this is like Ovechkin going to play for the Penguins or Blackhawks?

Durant is not in Ovechkin's class and the sports are pretty different. Individual hockey players don't loom as large in impact on their teams and on the history of the game. But yeah, the dynamic would be similar.

When LeBron went to Miami, he was their clear cut leader and best player. Durant has accepted being Steph Curry's sidekick.

I've been a fan of Durant since he came into the league, genuinely admired him for being authentic and grounded and a class act, and I hate what this has done to his legacy. There is no way to sugar coat this. I feel embarrassed for him.

Durant isn't even the second option on this team. He is third in line behind Curry and Thompson. Last year it was a four team league. This year it's basically two with the Spurs being a possible third. Not good for the league to keep having the same two teams in the finals year after year.

Before people bring up the 80's and other eras, keep in mind that there wasn't much else to watch. There is a lot more in the way of sports/entertainment options these days than back during the Laker/Celtic finals.  

Doesn't mean anything. No such thing as a pretty loss.

Don't mind him. Keeping festivities in mind, if he were alive during the American Revolution, he'd most certainly be a closet loyalist, sipping tea at a social gathering on Evacuation Day, appearing to celebrate but at the same casually mention that the only reason we won is because the redbacks were too busy quarreling with the French, and could've crushed us easily.

And that while a decent leader, General Washington is no Michael Jordan...

Durant isn't even the second option on this team. He is third in line behind Curry and Thompson.

There is no way that is going to happen, come on now. If it does Steve Kerr should be fired. Durant will likely be the 1st or 2nd scoring option, depending on how Curry adjusts his game. Klay is good, really good, but he is not in Durants stratosphere Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1