Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

And I am trying to turn over a new leaf in that when debating with someone that is continuously not listening to what I anyone else is saying (or in some cases is just mentally trapped in a maze of can't get right) I just stop talking with them. Saves wasted time on my part, and helps to keep me from getting annoyed, which (depending on the tone of the poster) may lead to me getting banned, and my next ban will likely lead to me going the route of Andy Dufresne. I don't want that.

Well, hopefully putting me on ignore or agreeing to disagree will save you the headache of any ban or warning from the mods.  If any of us ever go down the route of Andy Dufresne, let us all hope it's the lying on the beach of tropical paradise kind and not the, well you know.

The total dismantling?, like who? Shaq retiring? Delonte west leaving, give me a break. This is different, but I don't fault durant it's all about rings, he still has to win

They lost 7 of their top 10 players from 2009-10 based on minutes per game due to injury/trade/roster moves for more than half the season.  No player in the league, not even LeBron, is enough to move the needle from 19 wins to 60+ wins all on his own.  If you're saying that Durant had a better chance at a ring in OKC than LeBron did in Cleveland, I'd agree with that.  But that 2009-10 cavs weren't a contender?  I guess we'll have to disagree. 

"If you can't beat um, join um"

Or buy them a beast ass weelchair...

Or go from a ****ty team with peoe chanting Kobes name in your own building, to forming a dangerous trio with Allen and Garnett.

Seriously, that fool is delusional.

Pubic patch Pierce is a ****. He can go to hell. He's just lucky his GM and the wolves GM were buddies and sent his ass Garnett or nobody would even remember his name

image.jpg

Y'all gotta admit reading that tweet today makes this funny as hell.

I mean he did that. He re-upped wth OKC and gave it everything he had.

Doesn't make him less competitive.

Also, people change.

Also also, it is pretty funny

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

Y'all gotta admit reading that tweet today makes this funny as hell.

And this is why its not a good idea to publically hate on your peers for bettering their own personal psospects. Makes him look really bad there, and no doubt people are going to jump on that.

Also doesn't help that he got his chance to go at my peoples in 2012 with Harden and Ibaka along for the ride, and we whooped their asses.

I will say this though, what will be interesting is that Durant finally has had that layer of good ol southwest protection ripped from him. He mouthed off from behind the back of numerous OKC reporters that went to bat for him. He's been flirting with heel status for awhile now (many people didn't care because they'd rather hate Lebron). Now is the time to grab a flamerhrower, prostitute, and a fistful of coke and lift that parked Infernus if he truly wants those 6 GTA stars

Same for GS. Steph and Klay and co have evolved from aww shucks their cute feel good story to upstart contenders, to dynastic threat, and beyond, and until this postseason, people loved them wrecklessly to spite Lebron, the same way people wrecklessly loved Durant, to spite Lebron.

Add also GS mouthy finish to the regular season, and occasional punk assness during the playoffs with Green starting to change that, finally ending with Currys whiny tantrum and Kyrie sniping him next game like Max Payne.

The fact that these two are converging to form a super team the likes of which has never been seen will instantly turn them the highest level of heel:

Two Man Powertrip... Big and talented enough to demolish everyone to hold all the gold. Egomaniacal and petty enough to beat women mercilessly with steel chairs.

They are going to smash people, and style on them. What a time to be alive if you're a Dubs fan that watched them suck for nearly 40 years before this Italian Renaissance.

Meanwhile Lebron is a beloved figure that stories will be told about across the Rust belt for centuries to come, and the Decision is no longer more damning than The Final Solution.

I mean Its like a triple swerve. Now all we need is for Vince McMahon to come on the stage and have Durant sign his contract in a red velvet decked out ring, only for Russel Westbrook to do a run in from the crowd in a leather jacket with "CLEVELAND" on it and utter the words "Compliments of your former point guard, now turned SG, and the titan tron turning to Lebron and Kyrie smiling "in a building nearby"

/stevemcqueen

After the Warriors win a title, greatest team ever in all sports?

No team in NBA history could beat this team, not with Durant added to the equation.

No one.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 4

Just heard the Thunder are exploring trade options now if Westbrook isn't going to sign long-term. Smart move by them. Try to get something for him instead of letting him walk for nothing.

So they conceivably will hsve lost Harden, Durant, AND Westbrook. That's gotta be disheartening.

I'm really shocked that Durant went to Golden State. I was certain he was going to sign a 1 year deal with OKC and try to get over the hump with Westbrook. Man, I know we have some disappointment as Wizards fans that we lost out on the sweepstakes, but how does it feel to be an OKC fan today? Talk about deflated. You almost have to certainly say that the smart move would be for the Thunder to trade Westbrook before the deadline next year...or run the risk of letting him walk and getting nothing back in return. Unreal 3 days in the NBA...

Eff OKC

They stole that team from Seattle.

I'm all for Durant and Golden State for doing this.

As a side topic, people gonna still get mad at Kobe for taking all the money considering the Mavs have pretty much screwed over Dirk and Miami were trolling DWade?

Lebron went and joined an almost past his prime Wade and a top PF in Bosh. The only problem with it was the way he did it. With the stupid Decision, and " not 1, not 2..." garbage. He never threw his hometown in the garbage at any point either. Then he joined a team of losers and beat the defending champions. There is no comparison. Durant choked to GS, then joined the defending two-time MVP for easy titles. Its garbage. His legacy will be the guy who sold his soul to beat the best. I could never root for that on my team.

I'll be honest. If I was Durant, and saw just how shameless a lot of Wixards fans were being in their support of him at the expense of their own team, that would be a major turnoff. Major.

Dunno how much that played into it (maybe he just wanted to separate work/home), but it had to be a factor.