Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Im sitting here reading these responses and just shaking my head.

It's only in here. Go anywhere else and you'll get a reality check. I blame LKB's influence for the attitudes in this thread. His relentless whimsical nihilism has gotten to everyone. You all know he's just pied pipering you right?

Golden State lost 9! games last year. 9. And Durant chooses to go to that team to get better at basketball. Its the worst sports move of all time, and its not even close.

Yeah, it's pathetic. Someone on reddit found the closest equivalent: Shaq going to the Bulls in 1996, except if MJ, Pippen, and Rodman had been in their mid 20s. But that didn't happen. There is no equivalent to this in NBA history.

Doesn't make him a **** it weak or a joke. I'm sure in your profession you always work the hardest job available to you no matter what

When people make fun of sack dances - "It's not the same as your normal job, you don't get it"

When people call Durant out for running away from a title contender - "Imagine it in the same vein as your job"

• Like 1

When people make fun of sack dances - "It's not the same as your normal job, you don't get it"

When people call Durant out for running away from a title contender - "Imagine it in the same vein as your job"

I've noticed this flip-flopping double-standard before in other topics, but this KD2GS thing has really hit home on that one. I think some ya'll care more about his legacy then he does, as the guy basically just wants to win and be happy. Professional sports is not like a regular 9-5. Edited by Renegade7

It's only in here. Go anywhere else and you'll get a reality check. I blame LKB's influence for the attitudes in this thread. His relentless whimsical nihilism has gotten to everyone. You all know he's just pied pipering you right?

I think this will be fascinating next year and really boring after that.

I just can't generate bile for this sort of thing though.

I think what has changed the NBA dramatically is AAU ball, phones, and social media. I've pointed out before that all these guys have known each other since they were, like, 12. And most of them have been communicating with each other regularly since then.

Magic and Bird met once at a US National team event, played in the NCAA title game, and may not have had another conversation until that commercial they did together in the mid 80s. If they had come up today, they would probably have been staying at each other's houses during tournaments when they were 14 and may have made promises to play together in the NBA at some point.

NBA culture has gotten really weird and insular. And we should probably expect more of this sort of thing.

To me, the big question now is, "Where does Westbrook go?"

I love Westbrook more than any player in the world, but you aren't competing for a title with a Westbrook/Adams nucleus.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

LOL. And why does it not surprise me that you are fine with such a spineless loser move?

probably because im an adult and you look up to me?

There is nothing spineless about this at all. He is trying to win a title and he waited 9 years for his front office to get it right. THey never did. They traded a guy who is a top 5 offensive player in the NBA and that probably could have helped OKC over the last 4 years since they have only two guys who can score.

They made a lot of suspect trades too over the last few years. Durant waited, and played and almost got back to the finals but it never happened. He honored his contract, became a free agent and signed elsehwere.

Whats spineless and loser like is for you to say this to him from the safety of your keyboard.

I love Westbrook more than any player in the world, but you aren't competing for a title with a Westbrook/Adams nucleus.

It doesnt matter. He should just stay. No one is going to be competing with a Curry/Thompson/Iggy/Durant/Green nucleus.

Sports fans are not rational people, how else would you explain Bullet fans expecting 50 wins every season only to be crushed by January. 

You would be hard pressed to find a single Bullets fan that doesnt expect crushing despair every year.

I think this will be fascinating next year and really boring after that.

I just can't generate bile for this sort of thing though.

I think what has changed the NBA dramatically is AAU ball, phones, and social media. I've pointed out before that all these guys have known each other since they were, like, 12. And most of them have been communicating with each other regularly since then.

Magic and Bird met once at a US National team event, played in the NCAA title game, and may not have had another conversation until that commercial they did together in the mid 80s. If they had come up today, they would probably have been staying at each other's houses during tournaments when they were 14 and may have made promises to play together in the NBA at some point.

NBA culture has gotten really weird and insular. And we should probably expect more of this sort of thing.

I hadn't even really been thinking about the ramifications of this on the NBA yet, but it's definitely not good that the league is going to be boring now. I think this move might be a tipping point where the competitive imbalance has become so extreme that the league's growth will be stunted. I think the owners are going to have to do away with max contracts and get rid of the soft cap and replace it with a real hard cap. As byzantine as it is, I liked the flexibility that the soft cap provided. I liked that it helped teams keep their own while also helping players get paid more. But it's just too much of an open window that allows stuff like this to happen. Destino has been right all along that the NFL model is the only way out for the NBA.

And yeah, the NBA player community has become really insular. The individual star players also have really insular and sycophantic inner circles that spend all of their time focusing on crap like brand management and blowing smoke up their player's ass.

That is an interesting question. San Antonio is probably the obvious answer if the league landscape doesn't change. But what if it did? What if he went to New Orleans? What if he got James Harden to join up with him either there on the Lakers? What if he teamed up with Blake Griffin somewhere?

He's a wild card.

probably because im an adult and you look up to me?

Guess again.

There is nothing spineless about this at all.

Again, it doesn't surprise me that you think this.

Whats spineless and loser like is for you to say this to him from the safety of your keyboard.

Well since you insist, I'll call him a **** the next time I see him.

When LeBron went to Miami, he was their clear cut leader and best player. Durant has accepted being Steph Curry's sidekick.

Except he wasnt the clear cut leader when he first got there. Cuz remember, it was either "Wade's team" or they acted like they didnt care who's team it was, but Lebron spent too much time trying to defer to Wade and not take over. Then they got over that, figured out how it needed to work, Lebron THEN became the leader and they started winning titles.

• Like 1

Except he wasnt the clear cut leader when he first got there. Cuz remember, it was either "Wade's team" or they acted like they didnt care who's team it was, but Lebron spent too much time trying to defer to Wade and not take over. Then they got over that, figured out how it needed to work, Lebron THEN became the leader and they started winning titles.

yup. Steve made it up to fit his current narrative.

Im fairly certain if you replaced Durant with Lebron, he was probably saying similar back in 2010.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

OKC has to trade Westbrook.

They cannot let this happen again.

Sam Presti is good at what he does, but this might've been it for OKC basketball as anything but an also-ran for a good long while. Can he produce another Westbrook, Harden, and/or Durant?