Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

If Durant backed out right now and said he had a change of heart and wanted to go home to DC they'd take him with open arms and it would be a sign of his maturity and that he's actually not a **** and is an alpha etc etc

I posted before in the Wizards thread that I kinda wanted him to stay with OKC. I got some heat for it but whatever.

Miami was a playoff team the year before and Wade was 29.

So Cavs won 60 plus games with elite defense for 2 years and was a top 2 seed for 5 straight years because everyone other than LeBron stunk?

Well seeing as how they immediately became the worst team in the league after he left, yes.

• Like 2

They should move back to Seattle, without Durant Westbrook, harden and Ibaka it'd be like the last 8 years never happened

Yeah. The chapter of the OKC Thunder is officially closed. We will really see how devoted that fanbase is now. Their biggest stars will be Victor ****ing Oladipo and a dude that isn't even 'Merican.

• Like 1

If Durant backed out right now and said he had a change of heart and wanted to go home to DC they'd take him with open arms and it would be a sign of his maturity and that he's actually not a **** and is an alpha etc etc

First off, that is not happening. No point in talking about hypotheticals that have no chance of ever coming to fruition. The man didnt even give DC the light of day. Lets talk about what's really happening. The number 2/3 player in the league is joining the best team in the league because he wants to win a ring without earning it himself. Where's the pride in that? In a country that seems to have to prelude a feat of accomplishment with a backstory of sweat, tears, and "no one ever believed in us"-isms, people wont ever forget what a lame move Durant made here.

• Like 2

Star Wars spoilers...but wow

https://www.facebook.com/TheOpenCourt/videos/634369170046615/

First off, that is not happening. No point in talking about hypotheticals that have no chance of ever coming to fruition. The man didnt even give DC the light of day. Lets talk about what's really happening. The number 2/3 player in the league is joining the best team in the league because he wants to win a ring without earning it himself. Where's the pride in that? In a country that seems to have to prelude a feat of accomplishment with a backstory of sweat, tears, and "no one ever believed in us"-isms, people wont ever forget what a lame move Durant made here.

Yeah people will forget about it and move on. And winning a ring is earning it no matter how you get it. He is still going to be out there competing and playing his 35 minutes a game like always. nothing is given in sports. If they win, it will be earned

----

Plan B

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1004362456337738&id=217954481645210&_rdr

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

Could Boston trade for Westbrook?

I feel like they'd have to trade Thomas and I don't know that the Thunder would get enough back. But that could be something.

You also need the assurance WB signs longterm before the trade is made. It's always been rumored he wanted to go back to La that's why it was the first place I thought of

---

Now it's getting sad :(

https://www.facebook.com/KevOnStage/videos/10153669379298309/

There are a number of points that I could disagree with you on, but the fact that you brought up Antawn Jamison of all people, means that we should probably stop talking to each other.... Forever.

Seeing as how you continue to argue that a team that had the league's best record two years running was not a contender, why not. And of course it made no sense to add a player who can create his own shots and average 20 points a game to a defense oriented team.

Well seeing as how they immediately became the worst team in the league after he left, yes.

I'm sure the injuries and total dismantling of the team after LeBron left had nothing to do with that. Edited by bearrock

Seeing as how you continue to argue that a team that had the league's best record two years running was not a contender, why not. And of course it made no sense to add a player who can create his own shots and average 20 points a game to a defense oriented team.

Okay

I'll bargain with you. They were Contenders for runner up/bridesmaid. Thats the best I can do.

And I am trying to turn over a new leaf in that when debating with someone that is continuously not listening to what I anyone else is saying (or in some cases is just mentally trapped in a maze of can't get right) I just stop talking with them. Saves wasted time on my part, and helps to keep me from getting annoyed, which (depending on the tone of the poster) may lead to me getting banned, and my next ban will likely lead to me going the route of Andy Dufresne. I don't want that.

l.jpg

• Like 2

"If you can't beat um, join um"

Or buy them a beast ass weelchair...

Or go from a ****ty team with peoe chanting Kobes name in your own building, to forming a dangerous trio with Allen and Garnett.

Seriously, that fool is delusional.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

I'm sure the injuries and total dismantling of the team after LeBron left had nothing to do with that.

The total dismantling?, like who? Shaq retiring? Delonte west leaving, give me a break. This is different, but I don't fault durant it's all about rings, he still has to win Edited by skinsfan1523

The total dismantling?, like who? Shaq retiring? Delonte west leaving, give me a break. They added Irving and Tristan Thompson that year too, so arguably they upgraded their roster and still stunk up the league. Just stop. This is different, but I don't fault durant, it's all about rings, he's still got to win a championship.

Save your energy, young lad.. More worthy adversaries lay ahead...

"If you can't beat um, join um"

Or buy them a beast ass weelchair...

Or go from a ****ty team with peoe chanting Kobes name in your own building, to forming a dangerous trio with Allen and Garnett.

Seriously, that fool is delusional.

Yeah Pierce can't talk either. He lucked into a great situation, and got his ring, otherwise he would've been an after thought in NBA lore.

Save your energy, young lad.. More worthy adversaries lay ahead...

Yeah I'm done

RT @richarddeitsch The greatest thing ever? Durant announces he's going to the Cavs. LeBron and Kyrie come out during the announcement. nWo!

I'm late on thus but it's a classic video from better times in the Internets so **** it

As for Durant, as long Ted is still waving around his 14 inch arms, I don't care. World Series or bust baby

• Like 1

I'm late on thus but it's a classic video from better times in the Internets so **** it

As for Durant, as long Ted is still waving around his 14 inch arms, I don't care. World Series or bust baby

Admit it, this hurts. Deeply.

It's alright. We're all hurt (well everyone except Ankles, Predicto, and TEG).