Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

why join a loser like The Wiz when you can join the Warriors?

Well, that too.

so the NBA stops chris paul to go to LA but they don't stop any of this???

Why should they, unless legally obligated ic there was clear evidence of tampering or something?

Just because we don't like it and its upsets the competitive balance doesn't mean the league should do anything. Silver aint Comrade Stern.

Hell of a pass from Simmons:

https://vine.co/v/5ai5g6mdv2h

If it turns out (like I suspect... sorta) that he just didn't give a damn about college and was generating all bis time and effort towards prepari g for the NBA and isn't a complete headcase, the Sixers and TWolves will be battling each other in the Finals at least once 3-5 years from now. Edited by Mr. Sinister

I dont care that he didnt join Washington. Its that he joined the best team in the league like a chump that is a problem...

How is lobbying for a hometown player to come play for his hometown team after numerous KD sightings at Redskins games, DC-themed shoes, and articles detailing how fondly he remembers riding the metro to local games indicative of being a terrible fan base? Is EG bad? Yes. Is Ted a shady car salesman? Sure. Are the chicken sandwiches an annoying and embarrassing promotion? Absolutely. But is that on the fans? No.

How can you say GS fans are so much better and the reason KD wouldnt come here when you have fans with disparaging signs at each GS home game of the playoffs, a sandwich promotion that isnt much different (Jack in the Box sandwiches), and an owner in Lacob who is practically fellating the players in the hallways so much better? Are we to forget Miami fans leaving prior to the end of game 6? But they are so much better than Bullets fans...

Nah this isnt about the fanbase. This is about KD taking the easy way out and joining a superteam. Its gutless. And when the KD produced "documentary" of his offseason comes out, all it will prove to show is how great his pr team is at portraying him as this good-natured aww shucks guy anti-Lebron brand.

• Like 3

I dont care that he didnt join Washington. Its that he joined the best team in the league like a chump that is a problem...

How is lobbying for a hometown player to come play for his hometown team after numerous KD sightings at Redskins games, DC-themed shoes, and articles detailing how fondly he remembers riding the metro to local games indicative of being a terrible fan base? Is EG bad? Yes. Is Ted a shady car salesman? Sure. Are the chicken sandwiches an annoying and embarrassing promotion? Absolutely. But is that on the fans? No.

How can you say GS fans are so much better and the reason KD wouldnt come here when you have fans with disparaging signs at each GS home game of the playoffs, a sandwich promotion that isnt much different (Jack in the Box sandwiches), and an owner in Lacob who is practically fellating the players in the hallways so much better? Are we to forget Miami fans leaving prior to the end of game 6? But they are so much better than Bullets fans...

Nah this isnt about the fanbase. This is about KD taking the easy way out and joining a superteam. Its gutless. And when the KD produced "documentary" of his offseason comes out, all it will prove to show is how great his pr team is at portraying him as this good-natured aww shucks guy anti-Lebron brand.

But he didn't want to play there at all, it's been reported before.  He actually grew up a Raptors fan, not a Bullets/Wiz fan, even though he grew up in DC.  I'm sure he appreciates the love, but he owes the Wizard, or it's fans, nothing.  Not even a meeting.  Not even a phone call.  

So he can't pull for his other favorite teams outside his profession?  Cause he signed with GS?  Come on now.

And because he decided to go to GS, he's now a horrible person?  It's ok for him to go to a team that won't be an instant contender (Boston) but not to one that will (GS, Spurs)?  It's not ok for him to leave a team that is a contender (OKC) and move to another one?  

Y'all can have your opinions, but at the end of the day, it doesn't mean **** to KD.  And it shouldn't.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

Are we to forget Miami fans leaving prior to the end of game 6? But they are so much better than Bullets fans...

Pretty much....

But we do suck sometimes

But he didn't want to play there at all, it's been reported before. He actually grew up a Raptors fan, not a Bullets/Wiz fan, even though he grew up in DC. I'm sure he appreciates the love, but he owes the Wizard, or it's fans, nothing. Not even a meeting. Not even a phone call.

Damn, he chose the Raps over the Wizards? Ouch.

#DCSports

• Like 1

I imagine a significant number of DC area NBA fans are fans of other teams.

I'm 32 and it was like that when I was a kid. Not surprised Durant would be a Raptors fan because he saw Vince Carter.

The Bullwts/Wizards have been a terrible franchise my entire life and were so bad that they sold their games for other team fans to come instead of rooting for the Bullets/Wizards.

Pubic patch Pierce is a ****. He can go to hell. He's just lucky his GM and the wolves GM were buddies and sent his ass Garnett or nobody would even remember his name

Pierce is the furthest thing from a ****. This is just silly hate.

I like Durant too, but he's a ****. It is what it is.

• Like 2

They really do believe he owes them something. That is mind blowing. 

He got paid...so. Nor does he owe OKC anything. 

Westbrook forced himself to be the leader of that team. Durant was already second fiddle on that team...the second he happily obliged. 

• Like 1

Y'all keep on talking about the 3-1 lead on the Warriors... The Warriors were obliviously off their game the entire playoffs and then Curry got injured. Yet OKC still blew a 3-1, they don't have Ibaka anymore, and who's to say that the Warriors weren't going to improve?

A competitor wants to beat the best. He wants to take down Goliath, not hop on his shoulder after getting 99% of the way there.

• Like 2

Lets agree to disagree. This is grade A bandwagon jumping to collect success when you couldnt earn it yourself. Its gutless. Its why guys like Dirk and Stockton will always be respected.

Trying to figure out how many posts behind I am, but 100% with this sentiment.

We are going to be rooting for new babyface Lebron against the stable of the Warriors and Durant.

I know fans and media judge on championships - and I hope this changes things.

Will GS fans or fair weather fans call him that? No.

Will everyone else... yes. Now, and forever.

No, we won't.  Most of the hate I see is from Wiz fans and Stephen A. Smith.  And nobody really gives a **** about what S.A.S. says anyhow.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 2

So he can ask for help and rely on his Gm to get it but he can't just go to the help directly? Ok

KD lucked into a top 5 player during just about the entirety of his career in OKC. On top of that, his GM surrounded him with this supporting cast:

Harden, Ibaka, Adams, Waiters, Kanter, Jackson, and could have been Oladipo and Sabonis. On top of all that, they added a top 3 collegiate coach when the status quo was not working.

That is a front office doing everything possible to create a winning organization. You cant be serious about not getting help. Oh so what he really needed to win was a 2 time reigning MVP, a top 2 shooter of all time, a runner up defensive MVP, and a finals MVP... then he could win. He's a joke.

Edited by Skin'emAlive
  • Like 1

Will GS fans or fair weather fans call him that? No.

Will everyone else... yes. Now, and forever.

I'm a Lakers fan. I don't hate, I congratulate. 

Big payday with an option to double down next year...that's business...not personal. 

ANYONE of us would do that. If the NBA didn't want things like this to happen then EVERY player would have to approve of ANY trade involving themselves. Not one of them wants to be traded to Toronto. A franchise tag in the NBA would never, ever fly unless it was for double 2 years max salary for one season. 

• Like 1

Don't look on Twitter then since you've only looked on Extremeskins obviously.

Why should I care about what other people think about a millionaire's decision?  His ****ing life to do what he wants to do with it.  He will get into the hall of fame and wipe his ass with more $$$ than the majority of all the haters will make in their lifetime.  

Keep hating though, it's your right.  Just like it's mine to defend his decision because I really don't give a **** where a professional athlete decides to play :)

KD lucked into a top 5 player during just about the entirety of his career in OKC. On top of that, his GM surrounded him with this supporting cast:

Harden, Ibaka, Adams, Waiters, Kanter, Jackson, and could have been Oladipo and Sabonis. On top of all that, they added a top 3 collegiate coach when the status quo was not working.

That is a front office doing everything possible to create a winning organization. You cant be serious about not getting help. Oh so what he really needed to win was a 2 time reigning MVP, a top 2 shooter of all time, a runner up defensive MVP, and a finals MVP... then he could win. He's a joke.

Shaq could say he played along side of two of the greatest shooting guards of his era, Jordan could say he played with one of the best two way players, and one of the best rebounders... Need I go on ? 

Grapes...seem sour. 

Edited by Kosher Ham
  • Like 2