Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Dude this has been going on since at least the 1990's

This has been going on since the NBA existed. It's never had parity and always has relied on a handful of dominant teams.

The players have just been slowly getting more power over the years and the culture has changed to realize they shouldn't stay on bad teams or in markets/cities they don't want to be in. They want to win and have fun playing basketball. They have no loyalty and shouldn't have to the team that drafted them

Warriors also simultaneously wiped out their primary threat in the West with this move. Savage, really.

Yeah that's crazy. If they didn't land Durant I thought they would take a pretty decent step back with the losses on their roster as well as OKC improving so much.

Now OKC is toast and Spurs don't have much of a chance either

Someone said Durant, since he has to wait to sign on the dotted line, should wait until Bogut is traded and they renounce the rights to Barnes and Ezeli to say, "Just kidding, I'm staying in OKC but I saw a chance to weaken GS."

I'm not sure what NBA you guys have ever watched where there was parity.

And let's not act like the Warriors franchise hasn't been a laughing stock of misery and suffering for 40 years prior to about 4 years ago when they started to turn the corner with a great coaching hire and incredible drafting.

They are the example other teams should follow. Sure they play in a nice city but it's not like they are a pillar of NBA dominance through history.

They are proof of what little parity does exist. 10 years ago, people would have died laughing over the thought of the Warriors being this good

• Like 3

OKC has plenty of chances to make sure Durant never thought about leaving. They should have at least 2 championships by now. They traded Harden because they were cheap and kept clueless Scott Brooks years too long because they were morons. That was the death sentence IMO. Without those two moves they likely have rings and Durant doesn't need to leave

When was GS ever a top 10 market?

People just bitter their stupid team didn't luck in to a core of Curry, Thompson and Green.

Exactly. They are the bad team nobody cares about that built themselves into a juggernaut.

This isn't the lakers or Celtics or something

I feel terrible for OKC. The fans support the hell outta that team. They didn't deserve this.

Their fans experienced more high quality basketball and great players than fans of most teams ever will. Especially since they shouldn't have had any team you root for because they should have stayed in Seattle

---------

Where is Doc? I guess he jumped in the air to celebrate and when he came down his ankles snapped in half. Now he's on his stomach pulling himself down the sidewalk on the way to the ER...

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 3

When was GS ever a top 10 market?

People just bitter their stupid team didn't luck in to a core of Curry, Thompson and Green.

San Francisco Bay Area is a huge tv market... It basically covers the entirety of northern CA.

Not arguing anything else about your point, just saying.

Edited by skinsfan_1215

I don't think the lack of parity in the past should factor into how people should feel about next season basically already being over save injury. I guess we could just accept that as the way its always been, but I don't know if that means we should.

This is a total setup for us losing Wall no matter how well we do in Washington. Westbrook could leave OKC next year and make the Thunder a lottery pick team two years after taking Warriors to 7 in WCF. Something doesn't feel right here.

Edited by Renegade7

I'm really shocked that Durant went to Golden State.  I was certain he was going to sign a 1 year deal with OKC and try to get over the hump with Westbrook.  Man, I know we have some disappointment as Wizards fans that we lost out on the sweepstakes, but how does it feel to be an OKC fan today?  Talk about deflated.  You almost have to certainly say that the smart move would be for the Thunder to trade Westbrook before the deadline next year...or run the risk of letting him walk and getting nothing back in return.  Unreal 3 days in the NBA...

OKC lucked in to a franchise that got Durant, Westbrook and Harden, not shedding any tears they couldn't win a championship.

So it's the fans fault that the owner moved the team there? The fans still spent their hard-earned money to support that team. The fans deserved better, I don't care what anybody says.

• Like 1

Warriors also simultaneously wiped out their primary threat in the West with this move. Savage, really.

NBA needs a franchise tag or something, there's no way a 73 win team should be able to sign an former MVP in his prime like that and small market teams be powerless to stop it.

Can't blame GS for drafting well and bringing in free agents and watching their players explode into a force, while still having the cap space to land a top 3 player in free agency.

They luckily have Klay and Green locked in until 2019 and 2020 respectively.  But the remaining players from this years squad are only signed through next year, Steph included.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state_warriors/

Will they be able to afford both Steph, KD, Klay and Green in 2017-18?  Along with the salaries of 8 other players?

Alot of the hating on this thing (not here just the general nonsense I'm seeing) is truly the symptom of a weak league.  There are too many teams in the league, which leads to this bully system of top players not being "allowed" to go to other teams because it makes things "too easy..." Literally the dumbest thing ever how the "problem" is the player doing whats best for his personal career rather than the environment surrounding him hanging by the thinnest of threads of legitimacy and functionality.

There are plenty of good players in the top percentile, but just not stacked together in the way they should be, don't even remove jobs, just add to the rosters and proportionately increase the cap so not a single dollar is taken away from the players (it would get redistributed towards the top surely but the same money would exist)

So it's the fans fault that the owner moved the team there? The fans still spent their hard-earned money to support that team. The fans deserved better, I don't care what anybody says.

Life of the modern sports fan, always going to get **** on sooner or later.

Can't blame GS for drafting well and bringing in free agents and watching their players explode into a force, while still having the cap space to land a top 3 player in free agency.

They luckily have Klay and Green locked in until 2019 and 2020 respectively. But the remaining players from this years squad are only signed through next year, Steph included.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state_warriors/

Will they be able to afford both Steph, KD, Klay and Green in 2017-18? Along with the salaries of 8 other players?

It will be interesting to see the team they out around those 4. I assume Iggy stays. Livingston is probably gone, Bogut is gone, Festivus for the rest of us is gone...they need big men and likely lost their amazing bench depth that helped make them so deadly. Not worried about Curry leaving, the cap jumps another 17 mil or so next year too

Alot of the hating on this thing (not here just the general nonsense I'm seeing) is truly the symptom of a weak league. There are too many teams in the league, which leads to this bully system of top players not being "allowed" to go to other teams because it makes things "too easy..." Literally the dumbest thing ever how the "problem" is the player doing whats best for his personal career rather than the environment surrounding him hanging by the thinnest of threads of legitimacy and functionality.

There are plenty of good players in the top percentile, but just not stacked together in the way they should be, don't even remove jobs, just add to the rosters and proportionately increase the cap so not a single dollar is taken away from the players (it would get redistributed towards the top surely but the same money would exist)

His team was up 3-1 on GS and he choked it away...

If somebody tells me, I can make an extra 20% per year at a new job that fits me better and I have the help that I’ve been waiting for my whole career, y’all would call me stupid if I would stay with my former job making the same amount of money as the new job, but with less help.

So heck naw I ain’t mad at KD. I’m borderline happy for him…

KD going to the Warriors and the Wizards “improved” a little bit. I ain’t even mad.

• Like 1

Life of the modern sports fan, always going to get **** on sooner or later.

The amazing this is the people who keep comparing this to getting a better job in the real world. ITS NOT THE SAME THING. He took less money for the easy way out. He doesn't get a pass when he did the exact same thing Lebron got roasted for. It's unfair to OKC who had no opportunity to prepare for this.

I don't think the lack of parity in the past should factor into how people should feel about next season basically already being over save injury. I guess we could just accept that as the way its always been, but I don't know if that means we should.

This is a total setup for us losing Wall no matter how well we do in Washington. Westbrook could leave OKC next year and make the Thunder a lottery pick team two years after taking Warriors to 7 in WCF. Something doesn't feel right here.

If the Wiz lose Wall that's their fault. They've been poorly run and haven't shown any proof that they know what to do to field a winning team. They've blown it.

I'm my life, not staying with a company that doesn't have vision or provide me the best chance to achieve my own personal goals. Neither should any athlete regarding their teams/places of employment

The amazing this is the people who keep comparing this to getting a better job in the real world. ITS NOT THE SAME THING. He took less money for the easy way out. He doesn't get a pass when he did the exact same thing Lebron got roasted for. It's unfair to OKC who had no opportunity to prepare for this.

Again though, people in real life take less money to be at better companies or in happier situations or with better management/bosses. That's all Durant has done

He's already getting killed too. He isn't getting a pass on this at all. And 90% of the lebron hate wasn't over him leaving it was that it was predetermined, th entire FA season was basically staged and he did it in an extremely poor fashion

• Like 1