Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Durants OKC team is much better than the Cleveland team lebron had when he left. And lebron went to a team who was not going to win any championships until he got there, unlike GS who doesn't even need KD to win chips. If anyone deserves to get crushed it's him.

I wouldn't blame him for going there though, cause all we do is count rings when it's all said and done to say who's better.

• Like 1

The problem people have with this is something that's been happening FOR YEARS...no...DECADES...in the NBA. Players want to join successful teams. Durant wanted to join a championship team. So he went to Golden State. This is the way it's ALWAYS BEEN PEOPLE. If you didn't like this, where were you when Boston traded for all those players and basically brought a championship, or Miami brought one, or Cleveland did, or GS? 

This has been going on for years. 

• Like 1

i am going to root for Lebron even more now to take down these assholes

sarcasm? after what Lebron did in Miami?! Bron, Wade, and Bosh all agreed to meet/stay in miami. Barf.

It's only kd going to GS. the current big names in GS were 100% drafted.

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

It's all about markets and television ratings now and what is trendy and hip. And OKC was a market that didn't appeal to Durant. There was no loyalty with him, he said "Screw it I'm tired of being Messi'd around here I'm going to join a ****ing good team."

This has been going on time and time again in the NBA, from Boston engineering a coup to basically dominate the NBA for 2/3 years...to Miami constructing the Big 3, to Cleveland luring LBJ back and bringing Love aboard, to this. This sport is about superpowers. It's them and everyone else.

That's why there is no parity in this league. That's why I don't watch anymore.

• Like 1

The only thing I don't understand is OKC had to have some idea they might lose KD, same how Cleveland was when Lebron left...why not set up some kind of trade beforehand? Send KD to GS during the season for Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes. Do something, anything to get a return on your investment. Now he just walks.

2 year, 54.3m contract

I know it makes the most financial sense but this is the only part of this I got wrong, since he said he didn't wanna go through this 2 years in a row. I guess he doesn't have to but I still thought he'd sign for 5.

Has any star outside of Melo stayed with his current franchise after meeting with that many teams? Once I saw the long list of suitors I knew he wasn't coming back. Only was a matter of who'd convince him.

The LeBroninization of the NBA is complete. Might as well have 6 super teams and just tour around like the Globetrotters.

Exactly. why would smallsmall market teams even bother?

this is why I hate Lebron so much. SO much. MiamiMiami set the precedent for the new world NBA.

yes, big name players have gone to other teams in the past. But Wade, Bron, and Bosh openly admit that they met several years before they were all free agents and agreed to take LESS MONEY to team up. how does that not disgust people?! GOODBYE PARITY.

I have nothing against wanting to win, but for star players to just serve out their rookie contracts at whatever flyover team they were drafted by....just to move to a coastal juggernaut team with other allstars....BARF.

as Gold Pants said, the NBA might as well just have 10 teams in the 10 biggest markets and called it a day.

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

I know it makes the most financial sense but this is the only part of this I got wrong, since he said he didn't wanna go through this 2 years in a row. I guess he doesn't have to but I still thought he'd sign for 5.

Has any star outside of Melo stayed with his current franchise after meeting with that many teams? Once I saw the long list of suitors I knew he wasn't coming back. Only was a matter of who'd convince him.

I think he's made his longterm decision he just has the 2 year player option to maximize the money on it. He has no intent of doing this again and going elsewhere

Karmic retribution for Clay Bennett.  I wonder if KD would have pulled the trigger if LeBron didn't pull through with Miami.  Despite all the hate in the beginning, at the end of the day, lot of people moved on after LeBron got his rings.

• Like 1

It's all about markets and television ratings now and what is trendy and hip. And OKC was a market that didn't appeal to Durant. There was no loyalty with him, he said "Screw it I'm tired of being Messi'd around here I'm going to join a ****ing good team."

All that belies the fact they were up 3-1 and he was a big part of them not closing it out. If he got his head outta his you-know-what in game 6, he would been in the Finals.

Warriors also simultaneously wiped out their primary threat in the West with this move. Savage, really.

NBA needs a franchise tag or something, there's no way a 73 win team should be able to sign an former MVP in his prime like that and small market teams be powerless to stop it.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1