Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

The two Portland games that Kyrie didn't play in? And even if he had, and had outplayed Lillard, 80 games > 2. There is no world in which Irving is better than Lillard.

Kyrie averages one point less and one assist less. He does this while shooting 3 percentage points higher.

Neither dude plays good defense and Kyrie a better playmaker.

Kyrie is a better player than Lillard. I would even go as far to say its not that close. (not a blowout, but its not close enough where you can ask the question as to why is Lillard on the team over Kyrie)

I say this even removing the finals as out of my mind. 

The only thing Lillard has over Kryrie is that he stay healthy but Kyrie better and more talented.

Lillard is better. Better athlete, better scorer, better shooter, better passer. Better leader. He's a stud foundation block upon which you can build a playoff team. That is not true of Irving.

see you cant type stuff like this when the numbers do not back it up.

see you cant type stuff like this when the numbers do not back it up.

What numbers are you talking about? Lillard has better numbers in PPG, APG, RPG, shoots better from three, gets to the FT line more, better PER, better ORtg, more win shares and a better WS/48. Also Lillard averaged 6.8 APG to Irving's 4.7, that is a significant difference.

The ONLY number where Kyrie Irving was better is FG% from 2.

The difference in their durability is huge too. Lillard is probably first or second in the league in minutes played since his rookie season and he's already played more minutes than Kyrie despite coming into the league a year later. The dude is a rock and Kyrie is injury prone.

What numbers are you talking about? Lillard has better numbers in PPG, APG, RPG, shoots better from three, gets to the FT line more, better PER, better ORtg, more win shares and a better WS/48. Also Lillard averaged 6.8 APG to Irving's 4.7, that is a significant difference.

The ONLY number where Kyrie Irving was better is FG% from 2.

The difference in their durability is huge too. Lillard is probably first or second in the league in minutes played since his rookie season and he's already played more minutes than Kyrie despite coming into the league a year later. The dude is a rock and Kyrie is injury prone.

yeah over their careers, Lillard averages just one more point than Kyrie while Kyrie has a 3 percentage point higher FG%.

Lillard dominates the ball in Portland while Kyrie has Lebron dominate the ball.

And Kyrie has a higher PER over their careers than Lillard.

Kyrie is just better than Lillard. And the last time they played, he dropped 55 on him while Lillard had 19.

Lebron didnt play that game too.

Keeping Whiteside was huge for Miami. It'd be bitter to see him finish his career elsewhere, but I think they can survive the loss of Wade if it comes to that. He doesn't have many years left and the future is now with Whiteside. They have a pretty good PG. Some promise in Justise Winslow. Bosh is a wild card that could return to lead a pretty good team. What they need most is a young alpha dog perimeter player to match with Whiteside and then they'll be excellent. Wade is obviously not going to be that guy any more.

It's my fear that we'll be seeing John Wall or Paul George in a Heat uniform in the summer of 2019.

He outplayed Westbrook in the conference finals or are we ignoring that?

Nope, not ignoring that. But he also got some too, and I think the cumulative effect of all of the energy spent guarding these guys wore him down.

Keeping Whiteside was huge for Miami. It'd be bitter to see him finish his career elsewhere, but I think they can survive the loss of Wade if it comes to that. He doesn't have many years left and the future is now with Whiteside. They have a pretty good PG. Some promise in Justise Winslow. Bosh is a wild card that could return to lead a pretty good team. What they need most is a young alpha dog perimeter player to match with Whiteside and then they'll be excellent. Wade is obviously not going to be that guy any more.

It's my fear that we'll be seeing John Wall or Paul George in a Heat uniform in the summer of 2019.

This was my mindset. I love Wade and can't imagi him anywhere else, but Whiteside had to be the #1 priority

yeah over their careers, Lillard averages just one more point than Kyrie while Kyrie has a 3 percentage point higher FG%.

Lillard dominates the ball in Portland while Kyrie has Lebron dominate the ball.

And Kyrie has a higher PER over their careers than Lillard.

Kyrie is just better than Lillard. And the last time they played, he dropped 55 on him while Lillard had 19.

Lebron didnt play that game too.

Kyrie Irving is one of the most ball dominant players in the league. His usage rate was 29% this season, that's almost as high as Lillard's. And being LeBron's sidekick should mean that he's more efficient than Lillard now, but Lillard was way better than him this season.

That was one game. And if you want to base whose better heavily on head to head match ups, then what about the other three games they played against each other where Lillard outscored him 91 to 55 and won all three?

You also can't ignore the fact that Kyrie's was going nowhere his first three seasons in the league, until LeBron came back to Cleveland and saved everyone's careers. OTOH Lillard just got a team that should have been picking early in the lottery to the second round.

Kyrie is not as good as Lillard. He is going to be overrated now that he's ridden LeBron's coattails to a ring. If I go back in this thread to the point when the Cavs were down 0-2 in the Finals, am I going to find posts of you trashing Kyrie like everyone else was?

Kyrie Irving is one of the most ball dominant players in the league. His usage rate was 29% this season, that's almost as high as Lillard's. And being LeBron's sidekick should mean that he's more efficient than Lillard now, but Lillard was way better than him this season.

That was one game. And if you want to base whose better heavily on head to head match ups, then what about the other three games they played against each other where Lillard outscored him 91 to 55 and won all three?

You also can't ignore the fact that Kyrie's was going nowhere his first three seasons in the league, until LeBron came back to Cleveland and saved everyone's careers. OTOH Lillard just got a team that should have been picking early in the lottery to the second round.

Kyrie is not as good as Lillard. He is going to be overrated now that he's ridden LeBron's coattails to a ring. If I go back in this thread to the point when the Cavs were down 0-2 in the Finals, am I going to find posts of you trashing Kyrie like everyone else was?

of course Lillard was better this season, Kyrie was coming back from a knee injury. He only started looking right again around March. 

Thats why I used the sample size of their entire careers. Kyrie has been a better NBA player than Dame Lillard. Even the stats show that.

And Kyrie was going nowhere with a terrible team while Lillard had an all star in Aldridge beside him and Nick Batum. Even with that, Kyrie STILL put up better numbers. He better. We can do this dance all day but the stats show it along with the eye test, Kyrie better. And he 20 months younger than Lillard so he will GET much better too.

And LOL at riding Lebron's coat tails to a ring. Who hit the shot that gave them the lead in game 7 again? There was a stretch in that series where Kyrie was playing better than Lebron.

Dude, when you have an agenda there is nothing thats stopping you. Not even facts, stats, nothing. Its hilarious lol.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

Dude, when you have an agenda there is nothing thats stopping you. Not even facts, stats, nothing. Its hilarious lol.

Eh, you're full of it. You know you were singing a different tune about Kyrie three or four weeks ago. And yes, Kyrie absolutely rode LeBron's coattails to a championship. If not for LeBron's return, the Kyrie Irving led Cavaliers would still be a dumpster fire collecting early lotto picks like they were the first three seasons of his career. Meanwhile Portland lost Aldridge, Batum, and Mathews and Lillard still led them to the second round. I know why you are trying to ignore what happened this season, because Lillard was so much better that it wasn't close. Maybe Irving eventually ends up better than Lillard because he's younger, but seeing as how he's been in the league a year longer, is less skilled, less athletic, and has worse vision and feel for the game, I don't really see that as realistic.

• Like 1

Indiana is nearing a deal with free agent center Al Jefferson, league source tells @TheVertical.

Yep, I figured his time is done in Charlotte.  Now we don't have a legit center at all........   :(

Are there any legit centers left?  Not that Big Al was a force, especially on defense.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Eh, you're full of it. You know you were singing a different tune about Kyrie three or four weeks ago.

I was? You have proof of that?

I have never thought Lillard was better than Kyrie. I didnt say Kyrie was the best point guard in the league or anything else. He better than Lillard. Nothing that has happened the last month has changed my perception of that. I don't have blind agendas. Im an adult.

And yes, Kyrie absolutely rode LeBron's coattails to a championship. If not for LeBron's return, the Kyrie Irving led Cavaliers would still be a dumpster fire collecting early lotto picks like they were the first three seasons of his career.

due to a franchise that thought Dion Waiters was the future and better than Andre Drummond. If you want to blame Kyrie for a bad GM, then go for it. Us rational ones know better.

AMeanwhile Portland lost Aldridge, Batum, and Mathews and Lillard still led them to the second round. I know why you are trying to ignore what happened this season, because Lillard was so much better that it wasn't close. Maybe Irving eventually ends up better than Lillard because he's younger, but seeing as how he's been in the league a year longer, is less skilled, less athletic, and has worse vision and feel for the game, I don't really see that as realistic.

Hmm, so Portland lost ALL of that talent and yet Kyrie's numbers are better than Lillard's over their careers? Hmm....

And Im the one ignoring this season, yet you are the one ignoring that Kyrie was recovering from a broken knee cap and only started to look right in March.

Kyrie is better than Lillard. He been better than Lillard. And barring any serious health issues, he will always be better than Lillard.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

Lakers/Knicks proving yet again just how much everyone wants to play for them. Lol, I can just see all the hot take journalists and bloggers going " But, but, they're large markets..." Lakers throw cash at decent but not great big, and the Knicks raid Chicago's lemon lot.

Can't wait until it happens again next year and they're all left holding their collective dicks when Westbrook goes to Philly or some crazy ish

Edited by Mr. Sinister