Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I'd take Millsap. He's a fantastic PF that can score from anywhere. Far better than Ryan Anderson.

Magic now have Ibaka, Bismack, and Vucevic. That's an impressive trio of bigs... but who is going to carry the scoring load for that team? Payton?

League source: Horford to Boston.

Marc Stein

ESPN sources say Sacramento and Indiana have had recent trade discussions involving Kings F Rudy Gay potentially sending him to the Pacers

Sources maintain Rudy Gay, no matter what happens with Indy, is right there with Greg Monroe in terms of proven players available via trade.

Full max: four years, $113 million for Al Horford in Boston. An enormous pickup to say the least for the Celtics.

And...the Durant-Celtics meeting just ended. Miami goes on Sunday, and Durant will double back w/OKC after before hunkering down 2 decide.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Sources: Kevin Durant had been recruiting Horford to OKC, but Horford eliminated OKC with no assurance Durant/Westbrook staying long-term.

Thunder could've unloaded contracts -- including Kanter -- to create slot for Horford. Billy Donovan, Durant pitched him. Never went far.

Hearing Kevin Durant is strongly considering Warriors. He meets Thunder tonight, then he's likely to announce decision on @PlayersTribune.

Alex Kennedy Retweeted Alex Kennedy

Nothing is decided. He could return to OKC, and he did like BOS adding Horford. But he is seriously considering GS.

NBA source: Kevin Durant had a phone conversation with Warriors exec Jerry West yesterday.

@royceyoung - From what I understand, it's Thunder versus Warriors for Durant.

I imagine it always has been. The Warriors are literally the only team that'd offer him a better chance to win than the one he's already on. And he almost beat them this year, and they're probably going to get a little bit worse next season.

The choice is easy. Don't leave and become Steph Curry's ****, sign a 1+1 with OKC and then opt out and sign a long term deal to stay next summer if Westbrook stays too.

------------

I like the Rondo signing for Chicago. He's a clear upgrade over Derrick Rose at this point. Can't tell if they're trying to tank, or if they are trying to remain competitive to appease Butler.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

I admit I want Durant to GS because I think it would be fascinating and i would love to see a juggernaut built and all these teams trying to stop them.

I think it makes the most sense for him too. If Westbrook leaves next year, he has to do this whole thing again next offseason. He wants to make a long Term decision this year.

Warriors core is locked up for a decent chunk too. He doesn't have to worry about that mess. Plus Olivadipo is a FA after season too and isn't Adams coming up? No guarantees on Thunder

Plus, he's got his health to consider. If he is banking on a 1 year out, an injury could force him to stay in OKC for max money even if Westbrook leaves.

And I think the fact that he is seriously considering leaving would mean that Russ hasnt or can't tell him definitively he isn't going to bounce

Maybe he is tired of carrying the load, playing 2 on 5 every night or watching someone as inefficient as Russ can be take over games.

If Durant goes to GS, he should get 3 times the crap that Lebron got for having to join a big 3 to win a ring. Going to the team that you couldn't beat? The old timers are gonna have a field day with that one.

And I'm not even in the camp that Lebron should have gotten any grief, but fair's fair.

Klay

Draymond

Steph

KD...

Yes please!!

They might as well not even bother with 2pt shots.

• Like 1