Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Sounds good in theory, but dunno what to make of Rose at this point. Too inconsistent, and the clock is ticking on that knee

Are the Bulls still trying to move Butler? If so, then they are kinda going to suck for the forseeable future.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Rose is a mediocre player on a massive contract. Getting rid of his contract is a win for them. I still hope the trade Butler to Minny. I want to experience a world where everyone would rather avoid the Timberwolves in the playoffs.

Rose had an ORtg of 96 last season and a DRtg of 110. That makes Dion Waiters look like a stud. Those are the numbers of clueless and overwhelmed rookies. He is one of the worst veteran guards in the league now.

It's fine....considering Rose is in the final year of his deal.

It's basically an audition year.

Yeah but they had to give up a decent starting C and a nice young player to get him. Plus I think I'd rather have Jose Calderon than Rose at this point.

Wish we had drafted him. I was convinced it would happen. Instead we land Beasley. Seemed like decent consolation at the time, but little did I know the guy was just nuts.

Im not sure how mu h living u der the Chi-town pressure contributed to Rose downfall, maybe feeling the need to come back earlier, or push through his rehab wrecklesy. Or maybe it was just none of that and is just simple physics.

I still think had he gone to Miami things would've been different for him. He wouldn't have had to be "The Man" there. This just seems like desperation from Phil Jackson, unless he has a Lazarus pit or something.

I don't see the downside for the Knicks. They were a mediocre team as constructed. Even if the chance of Rose gaining his form is 5% or less, it's still better than hoping to compete for the 8th seed.

I think the move was more about the brand than anything. That may be what people were getting at. It just seems like classic Knicks trying to stay relevant type stuff. They're going to sell the hell out of this, and im not sure they got better at all.

That and the Bucks, Wizards, Sixers, etc, should be better next year once the summer moves are done

Edited by Mr. Sinister

When you're in New York, you have to make moves to try to please the fan base. That's what this move is. I doubt it does anything, but Rose's contract does expire in a year so I guess its not that disastrous. That fan base is just too impatient to accept real rebuilds though.

When you're in New York, you have to make moves to try to please the fan base. That's what this move is. I doubt it does anything, but Rose's contract does expire in a year so I guess its not that disastrous. That fan base is just too impatient to accept real rebuilds though.

Rose gonna get SLAUGHTERED by the media/fans in NY.  I don't think he's built for the type of pressure that will be on him.  Even with him being a shell of his former self. 

Gonna be one and done in NY. 

He led the series in shots, points, assists, blocks, and rebounds.

I'm not a LeBron fan (not really much of an NBA fan, really :) ), but, romantic nonsense or no, I'm with Magic on this.

I have to give James his due on this.

His due is that finals MVP trophy.  

I'm not taking anything away from Lebron, I just hate the sports angle that a single star player did it all and I've ranted about this before when it pops up in the NFL.  Short summary, QBs get entirely too much credit, defenses too little.  Don't confuse this with hating Lebron.  As cliche as it might be teams win championships.  Lebron was the best player (by a mile) on a talented team that played their asses off.  Just as he was in Miami.  

The biggest difference with Lebron is that he hasn't needed a great coach.  He certainly needed very good team mates.   

Simmonds/Dunn would be a great haul....combined w/ Okafor, and that's their nucleus to HOPEFULLY get them out of tanking hell hahahaha.

True. I also really like Buddy Hield at three in that scenario too. I'm kind of surprised that Hield seems to be underrated after having such a sensational tourney. NBA ready body and skill set. Proven winner who took a so-so team to a Final Four. It is very very rare to get a player with a resume like his in the draft any more. And his shooting ability makes him valuable to every single team.