Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Just now, abdcskins said:

Not fouling up 3 as well. Yeah the Pacers blew this. If they win in overtime I'd be shocked.

They’re going to get rocked, is my feeling. Basketball gods must be angry.

I blame coaching here. In crucial late game situation you have to have good designs for inbounds plays. The last two in regulation were garbage. The first being the critical turnover.

also the defense on the game tying three was trash. Clearly the pacers weren’t told to either immediately foul or ignore the interior focusing purely on three denial. 

awful coaching. 

• Like 2

Got a good feeling about this series.

Indiana can clearly hang with and go toe to toe with Boston.

Tatum is having the kind of game you need to counter that at home.

I'm not convinced either team beats Minnisota, but hey, they need to beat Dallas first.

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

I blame coaching here. In crucial late game situation you have to have good designs for inbounds plays. The last two in regulation were garbage. The first being the critical turnover.

also the defense on the game tying three was trash. Clearly the pacers weren’t told to either immediately foul or ignore the interior focusing purely on three denial. 

awful coaching. 

Agree with the bad design on the inbounds pass. You can't draw up anything that goes towards your own basket like that. However, that turnover with about 27 seconds left when Haliburton just lost the ball with no one around was awful. 

That was a pretty epic choke job. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Ernie, Chuck and Kenny are great. The NBA shows on ESPN are terrible by comparison. 

Ernie is good, ill give you that. Chuck and Kenny just wast to be dumb most of the time. Shaq just wants his easy paycheck. 

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Ernie is good, ill give you that. Chuck and Kenny just wast to be dumb most of the time. Shaq just wants his easy paycheck. 

Inside the NBA is the only sports show I've ever seen where people who know nothing about the NBA will watch that show, just for the laughs.  My mother and sister know nothing about the NBA or the players, but I've had my sister reach out to me to DVR Inside The NBA, just so she can laugh along.  It's really going to hurt in the short term not having a staple like Inside, it's without question the best sports show of all time.  It hurts doubly in that ESPN will be still broadcasting the NBA for the foreseeable future, especially with their wack ass coverage and their collection of worthless studio hosts and analysts (save for Mike Breen and Hubie Brown).

Edited by samy316
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Inside the NBA is the only sports show I've ever seen where people who know nothing about the NBA will watch that show, just for the laughs.  My mother and sister know nothing about the NBA or the players, but I've had my sister reach out to me to DVR Inside The NBA, just so she can laugh along.  It's really going to hurt in the short term not having a staple like Inside, it's without question the best sports show of all time.  It hurts doubly in that ESPN will be still broadcasting the NBA for the foreseeable future, especially with their wack ass coverage and their collection of worthless studio hosts and analysts (save for Mike Breen and Hubie Brown).

It's a terrible move by the NBA not to figure out how to keep the show. It will be sad but I expect an epic Gone Fishing on their final show with everyone that's a part of putting the show on. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hersh said:

It's a terrible move by the NBA not to figure out how to keep the show. It will be sad but I expect an epic Gone Fishing on their final show with everyone that's a part of putting the show on. 

This is Adam Silver’s fault too.  The packages were very rigid, and only divided into three with the A,B and C packages.  Silver could’ve divided NBC’s package or Amazon’s package to include some games for TNT.

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

They’re more than the sum of their parts. It’s the best nba show there is and everything ESPN offers is absolute garbage by comparison. They’re just so boring. The only upside to the end of this era, is that we won’t have to see them hire Draymond’s unfunny ass to replace one of the old timers someday. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Destino said:

They’re more than the sum of their parts. It’s the best nba show there is and everything ESPN offers is absolute garbage by comparison. They’re just so boring. The only upside to the end of this era, is that we won’t have to see them hire Draymond’s unfunny ass to replace one of the old timers someday. 

That's the only silver lining in this, the fact that Draymond Green won't be around to hate on players or crack unfunny jokes after next year.  ESPN's coverage is SO bad, that they've been dragged like hell this week over their Game 7 coverage between the Pacers-Knicks.  It was so embarrassing that even people like Dan LeBatard & Dan Patrick were clowning the mothership over their bias for the New York Knicks, and Stephen A. Smith's arrival to MSG like he was one of the players.

Edited by samy316

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Destino said:

Being the best of everything awful isn't a reason to keep it around though. Pair Ernie up with someone other than Stephen A and maybe ESPN could have a good show. 

The reality is we're probbaly stuck with ESPN sucking Lebron/Knicks/Celtics D though.

As for EC bias. Meh. ESPN has always had a EC bias. Then they established a west coast operstions and became everything LA oriented. That's like 99% of their coverage of all pro sports. NY, Boston, and LA. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

31 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Being the best of everything awful isn't a reason to keep it around though. Pair Ernie up with someone other than Stephen A and maybe ESPN could have a good show. 

The reality is we're probbaly stuck with ESPN sucking Lebron/Knicks/Celtics D though.

As for EC bias. Meh. ESPN has always had a EC bias. Then they established a west coast operstions and became everything LA oriented. That's like 99% of their coverage of all pro sports. NY, Boston, and LA. 

Look at the response to the news it’s ending. It was a loved show by basketball fans and players alike. It wasn’t just the best of a bad group, it stood out among all sports shows, and the awards it won support that. That you didn’t appreciate it is fine, but you’re like the guy arguing Lebron wasn’t that good because the East was bad. 

• Haha 1