Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Kyrie and Luka are special. 

And Towns is pretty much garbage about 75% of the time.

Hey, they benched him. They might have a chance now.

14 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

And Towns is pretty much garbage about 75% of the time.

Hey, they benched him. They might have a chance now.

Ant is struggling so bad too. That turnover down that stretch was so bad. You have to at least get a snot up. 

• Like 1

I echo the sentiments many have on Ant right now.

He reminds of the realization Tatum wasnt ready when he went up against the Warriors.

Bro, you said "Bring your ass"...the ass has been brought, where are you?  5-17 ain't gonna cut it, 0-2 at home is ridiculous.

Series isn't over, but the Ant has finally arrived talk should be until further notice.

*record skips, needle off the track entirely

NBA can be so reactionary at times.

I'm not not guilty of this, heat of the moment is still evidence admissible in court.

But man, folks ready to say this is about to be Ant's world, I said a couple days ago they needed to beat Dallas first instead of expecting it.

Luka was the freak of nature in this league before Ant was.  And he's only 25.

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Kyrie and Luka are special. 

A disgustingly unnatural and unfair backcourt.

They deserve for people to formally recognize this if they havent already.

15 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

NBA can be so reactionary at times.

I'm not not guilty of this, heat of the moment is still evidence admissible in court.

But man, folks ready to say this is about to be Ant's world, I said a couple days ago they needed to beat Dallas first instead of expecting it.

Luka was the freak of nature in this league before Ant was.  And he's only 25.

they did knock out the defending champs on their home floor after humiliating KD. There was reason to believe the Timberwolves were ready. 

but Dallas has really found a way to just flip the switch defensively. It’s impressive. Their role players haven’t vanished entirely on them like Denver’s did in games six and seven either. They’re looking very good right now.

It’s also not over yet. The wolves can still get back in this series. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

they did knock out the defending champs on their home floor after humiliating KD. There was reason to believe the Timberwolves were ready. 

but Dallas has really found a way to just flip the switch defensively. It’s impressive. Their role players haven’t vanished entirely on them like Denver’s did in games six and seven either. They’re looking very good right now.

It’s also not over yet. The wolves can still get back in this series. 

Phoenix wasn't a good team, it some stars and the rest made of marshmallows and toothpicks.   Would Denver be the defending Champs if they didn't get to go up against an 8th seed out the east? Debatable.

This Wolves team on paper are realitively new to this level of success but talented enough to belong. So was OKC. Dallas was here jus two years agai and basically back where they belong.

I agree Dallas is showing they have another gear as a team that doesn't put everything on their backcourt to have the save the day every game. Is the Wolves HC still whispering to his assistant from the sidelines because he's still banged up? When is Jason Kidd getting his flowers?

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

A disgustingly unnatural and unfair backcourt.

They deserve for people to formally recognize this if they havent already.

My other hot take is Luka is actually the best player in the league. 

I definitely think Luka is still hurt tho. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Would Denver be the defending Champs if they didn't get to go up against an 8th seed out the east? Debatable.

Definitely. Only reason Timberwolves got past them is because they lost their entire bench in the offseason and none of their role players even had an average game in game 7 at home. Had even one of them gone off they won easily. Denver was much better last season. This was their year to repeat but Michael Porter jr decided to vanish. 

they really do need to trade him. They won’t because their GM won’t risk his job being bold, but they should. Replace his bum ass with two good role players and they’re killing teams again. You know who they could really use? Deni.

Posted (edited)

I can't even imagine. 😥

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40217371/stan-van-gundy-remembers-late-wife-reveals-cause-death

• On Friday, with months to reflect on Kim Van Gundy's passing, the former NBA coach and current television analyst revealed more about the circumstances of her death.
    Van Gundy told longtime friend and sports talk host Dan Le Batard, on the latter's "South Beach Sessions" podcast, that Kim, 61, died by suicide.

"She took her own life, Dan," Van Gundy said. "I can't imagine that I'll ever get over that. ... It was devastating."

Van Gundy discussed at length the woman he began a relationship with when he was 24 and the life they had built in more than three decades of marriage.

"My entire adult life, I trace everything -- job changes, kids, everything -- I was with her, and she was by my side. I never, ever envisioned that I was going to live any day in my life without Kim," said Van Gundy, who added his wife had been diagnosed with a mental illness.

"I knew she was going through a tough time, but I still never envisioned that happening. Even now, it's been eight months, and I struggle to come to grips with the fact that I'm never going to see her again. I'm trying hard to stay connected. ... My house is full of pictures of Kim. There's a montage of pictures above my bed that my kids did for me of Kim. I'm trying hard to remember her voice, to remember her smile, all of those things. But more than anything, live her values, because her values were better than mine.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Sad 2