Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Lebron is the greatest player not named Jordan to ever play in the NBA. 

Yep

He could surpass him too.

Probably not.   But there will be a separation between the two of them and the rest.   

IMO of course

I dunno. They are largely an offensive team. I think you work within your wheelhouse. Bogut is a defensive center but is useless offensively. I dunno if you want yet another defensive center, unless you package Bogut and whoever else for one with some inside scoring ability.

Bogut is not useless offensively.  He doesn't score, but he helps a lot of other people score with his screens and his passing.  

Hey, we are talking about Jordan. Awesome. That's new and exciting.

Why can't we just appreciated Lebron for what he is? One of the greatest players ever and maybe the single greatest athletic freak we have ever seen in any sport. That block on Iggy caused women to ovulate.

Honestly, I think we are about to enter the "fun" Lebron years. I have to think he is approaching the tail-end of his prime, and at some point, someone has to address the minutes he plays each year. But, going forward, this should be a Lebron under no pressure with no one to answer to on anything.

He has three titles - one of his is entirely his won and which broke an insane streak of sports futility in the most storybook manner possible.

He's won all the MVPs and made all the All-Star teams he ever needs to win.

He has the signature highlight of his career.

He's proven himself to be maybe the best GM in the league, because he apparently was right about who he needed on that team.

He's made six straight Finals and has seven overall.

I mean, Skip Bayless will be throwing hot takes at him forever, but Lebron is Wun Wun and Skip is one of the extras that Wun Wun uses to beat up another extra. (GOT reference, ****).

Lebron in IDGAF mode is going to be something to see, I bet.

By the way, does Lebron feel pain? I mean, I know he acted like he got hurt on that dunk, but I just think that was an acting tryout. I assume at some point, Lebron is going to need some kind of surgery and will miss a month's worth of games, and it's going to be shocking and terrifying and will screw up how we view the world and ourselves.

If he had it to do all over again, I guarantee that Kerr would rest guys down the stretch and hit the playoffs with 67/68 wins.

Kerr has a lot to answer for but that's probably the least of it.  His game lineups, subs, and game planning in the finals played a big role in allowing the Cavs to do what they wanted.  Everyone noticed Ezeli in game 4 but they spent entirely too much time switching for no reason outside the three line and the Cavs used that the entire series to burn them.  That's on Kerr.  He gave an iso team the greatest gift a coach can give them, he let them choose their defender. 

• Like 1

Legacy-wise, getting this ring gave LeBron an iron clad argument for greatest forward ever. If LeBron had never won a third ring, I think there would have always been a shadow of doubt cast on the argument of him vs Bird.

Now I think that if you categorize Magic Johnson as a PG, then the hierarchy of "top 5 SFs in NBA history" is the most clear of any of the positions.

1 - LeBron

2 - Bird

3 - Barry

4 - Baylor

5 - Dr J

I'm pretty sure Big Al is out.  I'd love to snag Whiteside.  Time for the big fella to come back home.

I'd be pretty happy if the Wizards to got him too. I don't think he's fool's gold. He's volatile, but very impactful. His defense and rebounding can cover up a lot of flaws in a roster's construction.

• Like 1

This is pointless. The Warriors win if Curry plays decent or if Ezeli is benched all Game 7. In fact, if Ezeli missed his alarm clock they win Game 7. 

Sometimes it isn't what one team does, or what the other team doesn't do.

Like here. In this case, this was simply LeBron.

He out-shot, out-muscled, out-hustled, and overpowered everything.

As "Magic" Johnson said, he took over the series, like the great ones do.

Edited by SkinsGuy

Nah, he was amazing but it also took Curry playing like an average player, an injury, a suspension and terrible coaching to sneak by in Game 7. In spite of all that, Ezeli literally lost them the game. He was handing points away to Cleveland every possession.

That's romanticized nonsense.  Lebron was the best player on the floor, but he was that last season as well.  People fall in love with the silly notion that only star players matter and that crap cheapens the game.  Same applies to QBs in football. 

I'm going to leave this thread before I ended up defending LeBron. 

Call me when free agency starts when Beal puts a gun to Ernie's head and KD watches via periscope from afar. The sooner the guy just says "no" the sooner I can move on with my life. 

Please stop torturing me.

I'm going to leave this thread before I ended up defending LeBron. 

Call me when free agency starts when Beal puts a gun to Ernie's head and KD watches via periscope from afar. The sooner the guy just says "no" the sooner I can move on with my life. 

Please stop torturing me.

You act like it could actually happen though.  KD is not going to DC bro.  No matter how much Wiz fans want it.  No was pretty much the answer when the Wiz failed to make the playoffs, imo.  Not trying to troll, just speaking what I think.

• Like 1

You act like it could actually happen though.  KD is not going to DC bro.  No matter how much Wiz fans want it.  No was pretty much the answer when the Wiz failed to make the playoffs, imo.  Not trying to troll, just speaking what I think.

I'll admit a big reason I rooted for LeBron in Cleveland this series because if they lost, the door would indeed be officially closed (if LeBron can't win at home, what would make KD think he could?). 

There's more then enough signs that you are right, but at this rate he's still going to be a free agency.  Have to let it play itself out.

That's romanticized nonsense.  Lebron was the best player on the floor, but he was that last season as well.  People fall in love with the silly notion that only star players matter and that crap cheapens the game.  Same applies to QBs in football. 

He led the series in shots, points, assists, blocks, and rebounds.

I'm not a LeBron fan (not really much of an NBA fan, really :) ), but, romantic nonsense or no, I'm with Magic on this.

I have to give James his due on this.

• Like 1

By the way, does Lebron feel pain? I mean, I know he acted like he got hurt on that dunk, but I just think that was an acting tryout. I assume at some point, Lebron is going to need some kind of surgery and will miss a month's worth of games, and it's going to be shocking and terrifying and will screw up how we view the world and ourselves.

Here's when I saw that LeBron is human.  Not the fall after the dunk.  It was at the timeout just after The Block.  They had a floor level shot as the Cavs were settling into their seats, and you caught just a glimpse of LeBron's face, partially obscured by another player, as he dropped into his seat, .  And he was SPENT.  For just a second you saw the painful exhaustion on his face.

Watch it. It's at the very end of this 30 second clip:

Knicks and Bulls are in advanced talks on a deal to send Derrick Rose to New York, sources tell @ShamsCharania and me.

Woah.

The Bulls are trading Rose to the Knicks for Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant and bigger package, sources tell @TheVertical

Edited by STBonecrusher21