Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Lebron is two wins away from being the GOAT. Single handedly winning a title.

Not going to delve into any player debates. Cleveland's supporting cast is a lot better than we expected. I mean they just need one player to go off for two more games to ice it.

And Golden State, I think we are finding out they don't know how to win if it's not at the 3 point line. The 4th quarter is what would happen if they actually started hitting shots but one quarter a night won't cut it.

If Curry is back on track after that 4th GS is in much better shape.

Lol So Dellavedova is in the hospital to recieve an IV due to severe cramping experienced during and after the game. This "GRIT" narrative is going to be so insufferable. Leave that nonsense to the NFL crowd.

At this point I expect there to be a movie made about him, starring Matthew McConaughey. Its crazy

I know I'm late, but could someone tell the people in Cleveland that this isn't a best 2 out of 3.

For them it probably feels like they've already won 3 extra titles. ****es

Curry said at post-game that he expects that they will start using Lee more.

I would assume so. The GS offense looked much better when the 4 and 5 weren't self checking.

Did you guys notice that often no one came within 10 feet of Green when he got the ball at the three point line tonight? They were begging him to get as many FGA as possible.

It is hard to succeed as an offense when the defense has decided one of your guys isn't worth defending... even harder when two prove that ineffective. Bogut has been scared to even attempt a shot for most of this series. He's had clear paths to the rim on breaks and in the half court and his first instinct has been immediately to try to pass it.

The Cavs have the Warriors playing 3 on 5 and Kerr has to do something to counter this.

If Either Bogut, Green, or Barnes shows up in the first three games to help Klay and Steph...geez. Absurd the combined lack of production between the three of them. Hell, if Steph shows up in the first half.

Completely different series.

Green has been horrible from mid-long range. Cavs have no problem leaving him out there to shoot. I think he has only dropped one 3 in this series.

EDIT: Just checked. 1 this series. 17% last 5 games, 34% shooting overall.

I could only stay awake for the first half, but if GS had hit just half of the shots they missed...jeez...passing was incredible (hubby says that's how he learned to play in HS,~ don't even really grab the ball, just look ahead & pass left/right)...but he gave me the low-down on the end, and I'm upset that I can't stay awake for 18 hours anymore.

Old age sucks.

But Mr. Sinister rocks.  :D

Bogut needs to sit for the rest of the series. He's been a nightmare. Do that and there is at least 20 minutes a game for Lee right there. Bogut hasn't helped Golden State defend the paint either. I think Cleveland scored pretty much all of their points in the paint in the first quarter. I'd be playing Lee a lot more than 20 minutes moving forward. He goes a long way to fixing Golden State's problem of having ****ing terrible offensive players at the four and five. He runs the floor better than their other bigs. And he's their only chance to fight energy with energy regarding Tristan Thompson. Let's be realistic, this series is being dictated by Cleveland in both pace and style. Does anyone think that's really going to change moving forward?

Destino is right, Green was a big old self check. It's a regrettably stupid team that gives him a max contract. Or anything close to it. His offensive ability is the inverse of his defensive ability.

What's surprising to me about GS is how few shooters they actually have in their rotation for such a great shooting team. It's Curry and Klay. Barbosa hits open looks for the most part. And that's it. Barnes is a streak shooter. Livingston isn't a three point threat. Iggy and Green are almost non shooters. Speights and Lee can shoot mid range jumpers, but don't have three range. Ezeli is a lesser shooter than them, but can still hit a mid range jumper. And Bogut can't do anything of real value on offense whatsoever. They don't have a James Jones on the bench. They desperately need a safety net like that for when Barnes is having a bad night.

Not going to delve into any player debates. Cleveland's supporting cast is a lot better than we expected. I mean they just need one player to go off for two more games to ice it.

I don't buy this.  It isn't like Cleveland's supporting cast is a bunch of mystery guys that none of us seen play before.

Most of these guys have been in the league for years.

They are who they are.

Now, you can argue they've gotten hot at the right time, for whatever reason they are responding the finals intensity/pressure than GS, Lebron's ability as a player/leader is dragging them along, or any other of number things to explain why they are playing better than GS right now.

But Dellevadova isn't an All Star point guard.  He isn't.  And right now, he's not just playing like an All Star, he's out playing the MVP.

Dellevadova isn't showing up on a regular season MVP ballot at any time in his career.

On a different point (not related), with respect to Lebron and clutch, he's never going to be the end of game make the winning shot player that Jordan was or even Kobe and some others.  He doesn't have that, I'm going to get you going backward and then give you a push with off arm to create space, and then stop and hit the pull up jump shot that others have and have used.

But to claim after last night where he grabbed in bound pass after in bound pass and made the free throws after being fouled that he isn't clutch is just ridiculous.

Edited by PeterMP

We knew going in that it would take Cleveland playing near perfect top to bottom and Golden State playing poorly for Cleveland to win the series. But not many of us expected us to actually happen and so far it has. Can Cleveland's role players continue to max out their ability for two more wins?

I don't buy this.  It isn't like Cleveland's supporting cast is a bunch of mystery guys that none of us seen play before.

Most of these guys have been in the league for years.

They are who they are.

Now, you can argue they've gotten hot at the right time, for whatever reason they are responding the finals intensity/pressure than GS, Lebron's ability as a player/leader is dragging them along, or any other of number things to explain why they are playing better than GS right now.

But Dellevadova isn't an All Star point guard.  He isn't.  And right now, he's not just playing like an All Star, he's out playing the MVP.

Dellevadova isn't showing up on a regular season MVP ballot at any time in his career.

On a different point (not related), with respect to Lebron and clutch, he's never going to be the end of game make the winning shot player that Jordan was or even Kobe and some others.  He doesn't have that, I'm going to get you going backward and then give you a push with off arm to create space, and then stop and hit the pull up jump shot that others have and have used.

But to claim after last night where he grabbed in bound pass after in bound pass and made the free throws after being fouled that he isn't clutch is just ridiculous.

To clarify, I don't think they are great, just better than we thought.

Anyone else feel like this series is becoming a referendum on sabremetric-driven basketball? I feel like the most die-hard advocates of advanced analytics are praying Golden State bounces back and wins to validate the outside-in, small ball, free throws and threes style of offense. That has been crammed down my throat as the ONLY way to play modern basketball.

Next time someone on RealGM tells me that the mid range jumper is the worst shot in basketball, I'm going to say ask Draymond Green if he agrees. That statement, always presented as a self-evident law of basketball, is so lacking in context that it's nonsense.

On second thought, I hope the analytics crowd is right and that Golden State snaps back and destroys Cleveland's cave man system in convincing fashion. I can't stand the thought of Randy Wittman being validated.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Sabermetrics and all that is great in the regular season but in the playoffs, when its all about short series deciding the outcome, you can out tough and out grit your opponents to win.

The series are long enough that the right team almost always wins.  This isn't baseball.

More precise to say "threes and free throws only offense works until the postseason when teams actually play defense."