Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Really ? Lol

JT can't have gotten senile that quickly

It was honestly more confusion than anger. He was like how these kids are bumping chests and the fist pumps and the damn game ain't even over yet. Lol. And he said he can't understand the lyrics in rap music. 

I think it is more likely the Cavs win in 5 than GS in 6.  I can see the Cavs winning the next one, and then GS rolling over in game 5.

I'm going to assume that last nights performance at the end of the game was an indication that Curry has found something of a groove, and Bogut is done seeing big minutes.  I also don't think the Cavs can keep up the intensity playing their rotation for 7 games and GS has game 7 at home.  If it goes 7, I think the Cavs are going to be gassed on the road.  That's a recipe for a loss (and even a blow out).

GS in 7.

Now, if Curry has 3 pts. or less in the first quarter of the next game or the Cavs somehow get 8 productive minutes from Shawn Marion or somebody else on the bench next game that changes things.

Edited by PeterMP

You hear worse than that shouted by fans shouted in the first quarter of an NFL preseason game. I do agree that it's wrong. I don't understand why people stop seeing athletes as people and say awful things. Though I might be giving them too much credit, it's possible they yell insults like that at random people in their everyday lives.

https://twitter.com/lesizmore/status/608713374025695232

S/O to LeBron not responding to this. Fans feel like they can say anything to athletes..,

NSFW btw.

A female fan calls a LBJ a ummm... P.A.B after a game when the teams are heading to the showers

Moron. That's why I get Stephen Jackson when he said to be honest after all the slurs and **** he took from fans over the years, it felt good to punch a fan during the Malice. Not defending his actions, but I can understand where he was coming from.

• Like 1

Honestly, i'm pretty good when it come to letting normal everyday real world stuff roll off my shoulders, but I grow increasingly more and more annoyed at people like that. Like really, you hide behind your "right" to be a stupid **** or a jerkoff asshole. Still don't think I'd physically respond unless someone put their hands on me, but I don't mind if someone just gives 'em a captain hook right in the jaw.

That was fairly tame... On that I agree. Can't imagine the type of stuff that gets yelled at divisional NFL games. The Seahawks fans throwing **** at a mentally and physically broken Navorro Bowman comes to mind.

I don't mind stuff like "Yo coach Gruden, your lineman block like they have cancer!" or some **** related to on field play, but when you get personal to the point of harsh racist/family related  insults, that opens up a whole other can of worms.

That's way better than the one I was going to post earlier lol

Like I said yesterday, I can see the Warriors rolling off 3 straight and finishing off the Cavs like they did Memphis earlier. They still haven't played a halfway decent game yet.

That being said, Lebron is off some other stuff right now man. I mean, he's averaging 41/12/8. FORTY FREAKING ONE TWELVE AND FREAKING EIGHT!!! lol

Granted, even with all of that, the Cavs won by the skin of their teeth. If the Warriors "figure it out" it can get ugly.

But I don't know man.

And I'm sorry, if the Cavs do lose, I think Lebron should still get MVP man. I don't care if his team lost. Give that man the trophy for real.

• Like 1

That's way better than the one I was going to post earlier lol

Like I said yesterday, I can see the Warriors rolling off 3 straight and finishing off the Cavs like they did Memphis earlier. They still haven't played a halfway decent game yet.

That being said, Lebron is off some other stuff right now man. I mean, he's averaging 41/12/8. FORTY FREAKING ONE TWELVE AND FREAKING EIGHT!!! lol

Granted, even with all of that, the Cavs won by the skin of their teeth. If the Warriors "figure it out" it can get ugly.

But I don't know man.

And I'm sorry, if the Cavs do lose, I think Lebron should still get MVP man. I don't care if his team lost. Give that man the trophy for real.

He's been amazing. The Warriors need to start making him "earn" his points though. And by that I don't mean that they are literally letting him score now but they can't just let him stand at the top of the key, waste 15 seconds and then drive for an inevitable foul call. They need to trap him as soon as he gets the ball to either force a turnover and make someone else on Cleveland make a split second decision.

Even if he doesn't score he's keeping the ball out of the Warriors hands and slowing down the pace of the game so the Warriors can't get out in transition. It's miserable to watch but it is working. Warriors need to force Cleveland's hand a bit more. The Spurs could get away with it because they don't rely on the 3 and they had one of the best rim protectors ever in Duncan waiting for LeBron at the hoop. Nobody on GS is Duncan.

LeBron is a smart MFer, he is calculatingly sapping the Warriors offensive rhythm.

Devil's advocate to the Lebron love....

If the Warriors bench players could make a shot (Barnes 0-8), we aren't even talking about how well Lebron has played and averaged nearly triple dubs.

With the Warriors up 3-0, we're talking about how Lebron can't do it himself and how it sucks for him that his two other big name teammates are out and how nobody could possibly do this by themselves....

If the Warriors bench players could make a shot (Barnes 0-8), we aren't even talking about how well Lebron has played and averaged nearly triple dubs.

With the Warriors up 3-0, we're talking about how Lebron can't do it himself and how it sucks for him that his two other big name teammates are out and how nobody could possibly do this by themselves....

Despite LeBron's performance, this series is still more about Golden State not playing to the level they are capable of. That's how good of a team they are. But if their front court is not going to show up, hats off to LeBron for giving these ragtag roles players a chance at a ring. MVP runner-up, Dellavadova?

You're right in your first statement. I don't know about that second one. If he was still averaging 44/12/8, I'll be like, "What more do you want the man to do?" lol

But in all honestly, I don't see how they can keep it up much longer. Tonight is as big of a game for them as it is the Warriors. If they win tonight, they will win the series. 

MVP runner-up, Dellavadova?

It was Mozgov, but now I think you're right

Media hates Mozgov for some reason. Delly can hand Lebron a drink and they fall over eachother screaming about his selfless dedication. God save us all if he's limping while passing some water to a teammate, you can almost see the ESPN crew sliding down the fire man poles rushing to be first on the scene to cover his grit and determination.

Meanwhile this unknown center most laughed at when Cleveland traded two first round picks to acquire (including me) is just hammering everyone Cleveland has played in the post season... and he gets mentioned after James Jones in every recap.

• Like 5

Media hates Mozgov for some reason. Delly can hand Lebron a drink and they fall over eachother screaming about his selfless dedication. God save us all if he's limping while passing some water to a teammate, you can almost see the ESPN crew sliding down the fire man poles rushing to be first on the scene to cover his grit and determination.

Meanwhile this unknown center most laughed at when Cleveland traded two first round picks to acquire (including me) is just hammering everyone Cleveland has played in the post season... and he gets mentioned after James Jones in every recap.

Preach!!!

And if jr smith could throw it in the ocean in game one were talking about 3-0 cavs

And if jr smith could throw it in the ocean in game one were talking about 3-0 cavs

But that's just JR Smith being JR Smith, he's hot one game and ice cold the next. He's performing as he normally does.

That's not the same as saying if anyone at all on the Warriors performed to their normal levels this would be 3-0 warriors.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Not sure the 2nd part is true. 3 point shot eliminated the mid range jumper.

Overall shooting is better now than it has ever been - mainly because so many dudes are so good at shooting the 3.

These things do have a tendency to ebb and flow though. Ten years ago, everyone thought that baseball was heading into permanent slow pitch softball-dom with nothing but fat guys walking and hitting home runs.

Right now, pitching is dominating in baseball to a degree not seen since the 60s. Steroid testing helped, but every pitcher figured out that if 3/4 of the batters are trained to wait for a walk, you can pump two fastballs by them and having every at-bat start 0-2.

Every team is making defending the 3 point line their number one priority. In five years, everyone will have their own version of Draymond Green starting at center. And then the next Shaq will emerge and that team will win 68 games by having their 7'2" center dunk on all the 6'6" centers....and then everyone will need to find a 7-footer to combat that and thus is the circle of life.

We are probably at the high point of the Moreyball Era.

(This happens in all sports. Part of the reason the Skins stink at D is because they switched to the 3-4 after EVERYONE switched to the 3-4....and all the good 3-4 talent is already locked up).

• Like 1