Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

It's prolly time to admit that both Kyrie and Love are highly overrated players.

I don't think that's fair. And I would not recommend going 82 games with Delladova at point guard.

The Cavs offense is a total disaster right now. It's basically Lebron heaving contested shots at the rim and either making them or hoping for a putback. It's working, but it's painful.

The Cavs defense has improved dramatically since they went down. But I'm not sure you can make a causation argument based on a few playoff games.

I think if you asked Lebron if he wanted them both back, his honest answer would be to would be to immediately say yes on Kyrie and probably hesitate on Love.

But that's just JR Smith being JR Smith, he's hot one game and ice cold the next. He's performing as he normally does.

That's not the same as saying if anyone at all on the Warriors performed to their normal levels this would be 3-0 warriors.

It is not the same, you got me there, but it's still a true statement.

And what you're saying is kind of discrediting the cavs defensive strategy, execution and effort.

Edited by Major Harris

Not sure the 2nd part is true. 3 point shot eliminated the mid range jumper.

that is my thinking also.   I want there to be more passing to set up high probability mid range shots.  Nowadays, if it isn't a dunk, it might as well be a three... right?

It is not the same, you got me there, but it's still a true statement.

And what you're saying is totally discrediting the cavs defensive strategy, execution and effort.

I don't disagree, the series is extremely close and each game could have turned on one extra basket by either team. The what-if scenarios at the end of this series are going to be plentiful.

And the Cavs deserve a ton of credit defensively for what they have done slowing the warriors down and completely ownig the pace which has killed GS.

Still, I think GS has had a lot of good looks the past 2 games that some players passed up or most of the time, just straight up missed them which is uncharacteristic.

That's a fair statement.

It's been fun to watch so far.

that is my thinking also. I want there to be more passing to set up high probability mid range shots. Nowadays, if it isn't a dunk, it might as well be a three... right?

Its tough though. ...the 3 point line extends the defense, which promotes offense

i'd still put the series as a 50-50 toss-up.   

and frankly, exactly opposite to every championship i can remember in the last 10 years or so (where i have consistently wished for both teams to somehow manage to destroy each other and both lose the game)....

in this series i would be happy with either team winning.  I like the warriors from the dog-days of their perpetual suckitude when i lived in Northern California, and i'm really want them to win.  

I also would like the Cavs to win, just to give all the Michael Jordan jocksniffers conniptions as they have to contemplate the easily legitimate case that lbj IS better than MJ ----- i get tired of ANY argument that is considered beyond debate.   MJ is probably (now, only "possibly") the greatest player that ever played and is also DEFINITELY the most over-rated.   In a few years, after he retires, lbj very well might take over the role of "most over-rated" player ever, at which point I'll be rooting hard against his legacy.   

Edited by mcsluggo
  • Like 1

Off topic but nba related, listening to Judd Apatow interview with Dan Patrick. He said Lebron is a very funny guy, saying he held his own with several big name comics in the movie on set and had everybody laughing. Respect to Bron for that. Seems like a really cool guy.

If only he'd lose this series. #hater

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

that is my thinking also.   I want there to be more passing to set up high probability mid range shots.  Nowadays, if it isn't a dunk, it might as well be a three... right?

That's not exactly what analytics say.

The idea is to get the most valuable shots. Period.

Dunks are valuable because nearly every dunk guarantees you 2 points.

A three point shot by a 20 percent three point shooter is not valuable at all.

A left corner three by Steph Curry is exceptionally valuable because he hits those at something like 60 percent. Basically, a left corner three by Steph Curry is the equivalent of a Dwight Howard dunk.

The mid-range jumper is extremely valuable if Dwyane Wade is taking it. Not so much if it's Nick Young.

When Golden State is clicking, they have as much chance as making a 3 pointer as they do a 16 footer....so you might as well take the 3 since it's the extra point. But Dwyane Wade is maybe the worst three point shooter ever among "good" guards. But he's off the charts great inside 18 feet. So, he needs to stick to 18 footers.

What has changed the game is how many dudes shoot threes well.

It's prolly time to admit that both Kyrie and Love are highly overrated players.

Can't agree - Golden State is just letting a miserable Cavs offense beat them by playing so poorly themselves. If Golden State was playing up to par, the holes in this Cavs offense would be glaring. Right now it's LeBron holding the ball for 15 seconds and driving in hopes of a foul call.

in this series i would be happy with either team winning. I like the warriors from the dog-days of their perpetual suckitude when i lived in Northern California, and i'm really want them t

I also would like the Cavs to win, just to give all the Michael Jordan jocksniffers conniptions as they have to contemplate the easily legitimate case that lbj IS better than MJ ----- i get tired of ANY argument that is considered beyond debate. MJ is probably (now, only "possibly") the greatest player that ever played and is also DEFINITELY the most over-rated. In a few years, after he retires, lbj very well might take over the role of "most over-rated" player ever, at which point I'll be rooting hard against his legacy.

I could not agree more. So hard to find people that can accept the h last paragraph. We should start a club.

Edit....i missed the last part. I don't agree with all of it. Lol.

Edited by Major Harris
  • Like 1

I also would like the Cavs to win, just to give all the Michael Jordan jocksniffers conniptions as they have to contemplate the easily legitimate case that lbj IS better than MJ ----- i get tired of ANY argument that is considered beyond debate.   MJ is probably (now, only "possibly") the greatest player that ever played and is also DEFINITELY the most over-rated.   In a few years, after he retires, lbj very well might take over the role of "most over-rated" player ever, at which point I'll be rooting hard against his legacy.   

Despite the rants a certain someone on here goes on about me, I've always thought MJ's "best ever" title was not undisputed. As far as overrated players, I think LKB is about on point when he says Reggie Miller is the most overrated. Amazing shooter, mostly catch and shoot. That's it.

Back to the Finals on hand. How much time are we thinking Bogut gets tonight. I mean I know playing David Lee isn't the best but you can't stick with what's not working. And I think Draymond needs to come in when Mozgov is out. He is so undersized trying to score near the hoop on Timofey.

Good article about how Lebron just isn't taking a lot of shots and playing iso ball, but is slowing the game down by waiting until late in the shot clock to take his shots.

I think when people talk about GS's woes, they under estimate the things that the Cavs are doing to prevent fast breaks.

If you're used to getting a significant number of points on fast break, and playing with pace having to ground out every possession to score is hard.

cavs-hero-matthew-dellavedova-gets-the-m

ESPN is talking about Delly passing on coffee, which he reportedly has made habit of drinking pregame and at halftime during the season. What effect it could have on his play? Will it effect his hustle?

No one has asked about the effect of his coffee breath on opponents. Yet.

• Like 1