Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

No.  

I think Kyrie is atop my list of least liked players in the NBA.  When I see him, I see the guy you hated playing playground ball with growing up, bringing the ball upcourt, trying to break everyones ankles and not hitting wide open teammates.  Maybe not THAT bad, but that's what I think when I see him.

I think he's a tremendous talent but I think he's probably his own worst enemy.  

:ols:

He has one of those punchable faces and seems like a really obnoxious guy to be around.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Is anybody excited to give Kyrie a max contract this off season?

Beta, ball dominant, and will miss 15-20 games a year. Just doesn't seem like a good investment for a team that's solely focused on playing winning basketball 

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Max Kellerman is going off the deep end, saying Kawhi is more clutch than Kobe.

I'd be shocked if that wasn't the case.

"Bryant makes crunch-time defense easy for opponents by shooting just about every time he touches the ball (over a five-year period, he mustered 56 clutch shots, to go with one assist).

Fans of his raw machismo howl that such criticism misses the point, but the point is that when Bryant gets the ball in crunch time, it's a virtual certainty that he'll shoot it, and it's better than 2-1 odds that he'll miss.

In 1997, he famously air-balled two shots that could have beat the Jazz; instead, the Jazz won the series. In 1999, he whiffed on a 3-pointer at the buzzer that would have tied Game 2 against the Spurs. In Game 4 against the Kings in 2002, he missed a 2-pointer that would have tied the game (before the ball was tipped out to Robert Horry for the winning 3). In Game 7 of that same series, Bryant missed a tip that would have won the game in regulation. In Game 3 against the Timberwolves in 2003, he missed two key shots in the last seconds of overtime, and the Lakers lost.

I'll spare you the entire list, but it's long. In the final 24 seconds of playoff games, Bryant has racked up almost as many air balls as makes, making just below 30 percent of game-tying or go-ahead shots. He hasn't hit such a shot in a playoff game, in fact, since 2008, including key misses in the closing moments against the Jazz and Magic in 2009, and the Thunder and Suns last spring. He made one of his four shots in the fourth quarter of Game 7 of last year's Finals."

http://www.espn.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/24200/the-truth-about-kobe-bryant-in-crunch-time

This is where Lebron (and others) have talked about playing the right way.  By playing the right way, even at the end of the game, you make it harder for the defense, which actually makes it easier for you.

Kobe never played the right, and especially didn't at end of games.  Leonard isn't great at making the pass to the open man, but he's better than Kobe.

Edited by PeterMP

33 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Max Kellerman is going off the deep end, saying Kawhi is more clutch than Kobe.

Nothing is more “clutch” than quitting on your team for a year and forcing the Spurs to trade you to...checks notes...the Toronto Raptors.😂😂😂

So clutch.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CrypticVillain said:

If this Rockets/Warriors series isn't confirming anything else, it's confirming that 73-9 Warriors team needed KD way more than KD needed them. The Warriors dynasty would've ended with a 3-1 choke if they didn't sign KD.

Revisionist history. Do you forget the Thunder blew a 3-1 lead to the Warriors? Also, warriors had money. Team would be constructed differently without KD but core still there. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Revisionist history. Do you forget the Thunder blew a 3-1 lead to the Warriors? Also, warriors had money. Team would be constructed differently without KD but core still there. 

Exactly, and you know I kind of like the Warriors, so I'm not being biased... But you have to also remember Kyrie and Love missed the first Finals and they themselves blew a 3-1 lead in the Finals. If CP3 does indeed sign with Houston, I think they would be the defending champs.

You're right though, none of this really matters... I just like thinking about "What ifs".

47 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

They had money, but that doesn't mean they would have gotten the equivalent of a top 3 player in the NBA.  Nobody's saying they wouldn't have made the playoffs or wouldn't have been a great team.  But it isn't unrealistic to say this run would be completely different.

There was nobody equivalent to KD in that free agency.  There were also plenty of bad signing that year (Ryan Anderson).

It wouldn't be unreasonable without being to able to acquire KD that re-signing Barnes, keeping Bogut and picking up some other pieces would have been their best option.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

If this Rockets/Warriors series isn't confirming anything else, it's confirming that 73-9 Warriors team needed KD way more than KD needed them. The Warriors dynasty would've ended with a 3-1 choke if they didn't sign KD.

I predicted this when the trade happened.  KD stole Steph's team out from under him.  Curry was the big loser in that trade. 

I disargee that the warriors dynasty would have ended.  i think the Cavs were fortunate to win that series, helped by a ridiculous suspension of Draymond Green, and I think the Warriors would have beat their asses with or without KD in a rematch.  They'd have stomped the Cavs like the Spurs did the Heat after good fortune saved Lebron's legacy in Maimi.

I think the Warriors were more likely to win more titles without KD than KD was to win any titles without them, unless he joined the Cavs and Lebron.  He was on a very good team in OKC but he embraced hero ball and fell short.  His next team probably caters to his over sized ego and lets him play hero ball again, and he will come up short again.  I really hope he does team up with Kyrie in New York. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

They had money, but that doesn't mean they would have gotten the equivalent of a top 3 player in the NBA.  Nobody's saying they wouldn't have made the playoffs or wouldn't have been a great team.  But it isn't unrealistic to say this run would be completely different.

There was nobody equivalent to KD in that free agency.  There were also plenty of bad signing that year (Ryan Anderson).

It wouldn't be unreasonable without being to able to acquire KD that re-signing Barnes, keeping Bogut and picking up some other pieces would have been their best option.

The run could be different but the warriors have played with a huge margin of error. 2017, they went 16-1. 

No way the warriors would have resigned Barnes. Barnes was complete ass in the finals too plus he wanted to get paid. I have faith in the fo that wouldn’t have happened. 

I get so tired of listening to people make excuses for what would've gone down as the greatest team in history.

They had a GAME SEVEN on their own court. If you are what you say you are, they'd be going for a 5-peat

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

The Warriors beat the Cavaliers if Harrison Barnes didn’t crap the bed for the last three games.

All they needed was a really good small forward. You can’t have it both ways. Either the Warriors were already a great team that was close to going back to back or they needed KD, despite knocking KD out of the playoffs that year.