Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Game four was a backbreaker.  Toronto has totally taken control of the series.  I think Philly can get the next one in Philly, but I don't see them having any chance of winning game seven in Toronto.  And I don't trust them not to fold up in game six either.  Simmons isn't ready for this moment, Embiid is hurt and he's not totally ready for it either, and their bench isn't any good.

Siakam and Lowry have proven to be shaky on the road, but they're good in Toronto.  And Kawhi has been such a beast.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Also want to say that the Game of Thrones TV series being exposed as trash at the very same time as Kyrie Irving's exposure as overrated--two things I've known without a moment of doubt since 2011

There is no world where thinking Thrones was bad from 2011-2016 is an accurate take

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's 22 and it's his second year.  He's not ready to be a foundation player on a contender, but Giannis wasn't Giannis in year two either.  He's a big time talent and when he hits his prime in like four years, he has a chance to be one of the best players in the league.

He's really in his 3rd year because he didn't want to play in the end of his 1st because he wanted to win rookie of the year.

From there, the problem with the comparison between Giannis and Simmons is that Giannis came in as a 68% FT shooter with a  48% FT rate.

Simmons this year shot 60% from the FT line with a 44.6% FTr.  Year 1 Giannis is a head of where Simmons is really 3 years into his career.

Simmons is going to take quite leap if he's ever going to get to something close to the Giannis level.

Edited by PeterMP

12 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

There is no world where thinking Thrones was bad from 2011-2016 is an accurate take 

That show has always been trash.  A jumped up Starz titty drama that ****ized great source material until it outstripped it and the fraudulent showrunners had to come up with the story on their own and got completely exposed as the hacks they've always been.

Denver’s offense is backwards relative to what I’m used to seeing in the nba.  They don’t have a point guard zoom around with the ball to create for others by attacking the defense.  They don’t even move the ball all that rapidly.  Instead, they have their slowest guy hold the ball and barely move at all, while the rest of the team moves around him.  If a cut or pass doesn’t generate a shot they give Jokic the ball back and try again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I agree with Steve GOT was overrated. 

Jeez, ya'll and the other 17 of you should go to some cave and start a new civilization since you're so superior to us.

Denver is straight playing with their food right now, I didn't know they had those kinda manners.

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Jeez, ya'll and the other 17 of you should go to some cave and start a new civilization since you're so superior to us.

Denver is straight playing with their food right now, I didn't know they had those kinda manners.

I still find it entertaining but I don’t think it’s all that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Destino said:

Denver’s offense is backwards relative to what I’m used to seeing in the nba.  They don’t have a point guard zoom around with the ball to create for others by attacking the defense.  They don’t even move the ball all that rapidly.  Instead, they have their slowest guy hold the ball and barely move at all, while the rest of the team moves around him.  If a cut or pass doesn’t generate a shot they give Jokic the ball back and try again.

Honestly, if I had a blank slate, and wanted to start a make believe bball team, I would run a system with talented bigs and install sort of a princeton offense. Gives you good shot selection more often than not 

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I think we just might.  And our parietal art will be incredible unlike everyone else's dumb paintings of horses and buffalo.

31 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think we just might.  And our parietal art will be incredible unlike everyone else's dumb paintings of horses and buffalo.

With the way you write, you'd probably run out of cave space anyway. 

You'll be better served illustrating Wall>Irving in the form of crop circles

• Haha 2

The 6ers are dunzo. Once again I ask, does Brett Brown actually DO anything? The 6ers should be in the market for a new coach. All that talent to get toasted in the 2nd round is embarrassing.

Nugs/Blazers will go 7 for sure. And it will be epic.

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The 6ers are dunzo. Once again I ask, does Brett Brown actually DO anything? The 6ers should be in the market for a new coach.

I said this same thing last year and was told to trust the process.  **** the process.

The Sixers stopped trusting the process when they traded their depth and resources and flexibility for Jimmy Butler and Tobias Harris.

They're going to hit a wall in the near term, because they are not good and deep and experienced enough to beat Milwaukee or Toronto.  But they still have a ton of time to figure things out and rebuild a contender because of how young Embiid and Simmons are.  In the meantime, those two will get a bunch of big game experience and a taste of regular season winning which will hopefully facilitate their development.

But things could quickly go off the rails if Embiid can't get and stay healthier and/or the culture of me and the all-to common fixation with bull**** NBA celebrity/branding/hierarchy sets into their locker room.

I think Toronto is the much more precarious situation.  That team is good but they're old and their franchise player is probably going to leave this summer.  Siakam and Anunoby are the only young developmental guys who are really good, and Siakam is a 25 year old third year player.  When you look down the bench past them, the Clippers can actually offer Kawhi a far better supporting cast.  Plus they have a great coach.  Plus it's the city he wants to be in.

Realistically, Kawhi is going to leave.  When he does, you're left with a Kyle Lowry quickly approaching his cliff.  A Marc Gasol who has to be on the very edge of his.  A Serge Ibaka and Danny Green who are already over their cliffs.  A jaggy pair in Norman Powell and Fred VanVleet.  An OG Anunoby who may or may not be any good.  And a Pascal Siakam who is basically a Khris Middleton/Otto Porter type elite role player.  That is just not enough.  Ujiri needs to jump ship this summer and come to DC.  The only way they stay really good over the next few seasons is if Kawhi stays.  But putting myself in his shoes, Toronto's pitch doesn't beat LA's.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

The 6ers are dunzo. Once again I ask, does Brett Brown actually DO anything? The 6ers should be in the market for a new coach. All that talent to get toasted in the 2nd round is embarrassing.

Nugs/Blazers will go 7 for sure. And it will be epic.

Have you watched the games?

Brown's done a good job.  He made the adjustment to have Simmons guard Leonard and not Butler.  He's made the adjustment to not switch everything so that people can't isolate on Reddick.  He's made the adjustment to have Simmons not initiate the offense (going mostly to Butler).

He's made multiple strategic changes in the playoffs and most of them have worked.

Harris had a pretty good game last night, but mostly he's been bad and missing open 3's.  Simmons is a non-factor offensively, which isn't surprising, but I've not heard anybody suggest some way to make him more of a factor.  And whether is injury (knee tendinitis), illness, or something else, Embiid has been bad.

What do you want Brown to do?  Is there any correction that you see that Brown can make that he hasn't made?  It isn't like he can turn Ben Simmons into a shooter, have Harris start making shots he normally makes, or make Embiid healthy.

Edited by PeterMP