Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

40 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Man, Steph Curry ****s the bed and sends ESPN into a tizzy.  Been watching the talking heads and hot takes today, you'd think he'll never make a 3 pointer again for the rest of his career.  

Media coverage wildly magnifies humorous mistakes.  If he had played worse, but without an entertaining lowlight, they’d just call it a bad game and move on.  

12 minutes ago, Destino said:

Media coverage wildly magnifies humorous mistakes.  If he had played worse, but without an entertaining lowlight, they’d just call it a bad game and move on.  

Well the dunk miss but they were also talking about his overall performance.

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well the dunk miss but they were also talking about his overall performance.

He’s having a tough series but I think the missed dunk is why they’re dwelling on it.  

The rockets are playing three guards most of the time and the guy they’ve assigned to guard KD is a 6’6 power forward.  BBQ chicken!  It’s really no surprise that golden states guards are struggling while KD is having an easy time.  Houston has no choice but to key in on Steph and Klay and hope it’s enough.  They have no defensive length in their front court other than Capela.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I've rarely been impressed by LeBrons defense, but I think I was more struck by the idea of him being 5th to 8th.  He was 27.7 ppg, which is tied for 3rd in nba, plus 8apg and 8rpg.  Dude has just spoiled us it feels like, second he's all in again or if he was in the playoffs, wed be factoring in his second season with regular season in this convo.  I'd rather have LeBron them Harden, but thats more personal then statistical.

Giannis and Kawhi are on teams that if you plugged Lebron in to would be in the same position they are in right now.  You are downgrading him for not being able to save a sh**ty Lakers team like Giannis or Kawhi could. That's illogical.

Absolutely not.  Maybe getting the Raptors to 50 wins, but on the Bucks, I'm not seeing it.  Lebron 100% can't do it on his own at this stage in his career.  Put him on the Bucks, they're a playoff team, but they're not winning anywere close to 60 and being the best team in the league.  You're severely underestimating what Giannis does on a nightly basis just to deny that Lebron is on the decline.   Like I said before, Lebron is currently in the 5-8 range. 

I have Harden at 4th because his defense leaves a lot to be desired...but you can make an argument for him being one of the 3-5 best offensive players in NBA history.  Dude is unreal. 

Edited by RonArtest15

9 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Absolutely not.  Maybe getting the Raptors to 50 wins, but on the Bucks, I'm not seeing it.  Lebron 100% can't do it on his own at this stage in his career.  Put him on the Bucks, they're a playoff team, but they're not winning anywere close to 60 and being the best team in the league.  You're severely underestimating what Giannis does on a nightly basis just to deny that Lebron is on the decline.   Like I said before, Lebron is currently in the 5-8 range. 

I have Harden at 4th because his defense leaves a lot to be desired...but you can make an argument for him being one of the 3-5 best offensive players in NBA history.  Dude is unreal. 

I'll give Harden credit for his offense, but this isn't about me denying LeBrons decline.  28/8/8 on this bucks team I still believe cam pull the 1 seed, 60 if need be, hed be awesome fit in a slightly better east.  There's no stopping Giannia full head of a steam, but is Giannis a better passer and shooter them LeBron?  Not from what I'm seeing in these playoffs.

There's no helping my case because what we got was game three on of the finals lebron for most of the year.  Disengaged, he's still pulling monster stats, better believe hed come with it if he was playing right now.  He's more done upstairs then I've ever seen him before, that's the problem.

Giannis's defense is breathtaking.  He covers the entire half court and alters shots in the paint like a big while still getting tons of deflections and contested jumpers like a wing.  Plus he's a tremendous defensive rebounder.  He does everything and his effort level is dominant.  His offense is super effective and efficient and he is a good screen assist guy plus pick and roll ball handler.  Plus he is unselfish and has no diva in him to alienate anyone else he plays with.  And he stays healthy.

Give me him before anyone else in the NBA.  I don't care what else I have to work with, I can win with a franchise player like that.  I can easily find shooters to put around him, the total floor game and extreme efficiency and hustle are as rare as it gets.

------------

Want to also say that Rudy Gobert is underrated.  I think he's one of the easiest players to build a winner around.  He can't be your sole offensive foundation, which hurts him compared to other elite players.  But he is the best defensive foundation piece in the league and he is also a big time pick and roll weapon and screen assister.

If he were paired with someone like Damian Lillard, or even a lesser guard like Bradley Beal, that would be the foundation for a 60 game winner.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I keep hoping for that other gear from Boston, but I'm worried it aint coming anymore.  Giannis fouling out would be a bail out for them.

Giannis is gonna come in like Rivera in the 9th and put this thing on ice next quarter.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Looking forward to the 30/30 on these Celtics...

Nah man, in order to get a 30/30 you gotta achieve some sort of greatness and then have a fall from grace.  These Celtics think they're great, though.