Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Lmao

They're gonna "For the Watch" his ass 

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Why am I sensing a Steve "I told you so about Boston" post coming up soon...

Please, McQueen probably had a Stars Wars post ready for this moment ever since 2011

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Why am I sensing a Steve "I told you so about Boston" post coming up soon...

They are straight curb stomping them now, where's the fast forward button?

I'm not going to crow, but I am going to reflect on the predictions I made to learn from them.

1 - I do think I ended up being right about the team being composed of awkward fits.  Too many guys in very different parts of their careers.  Too much turnover from the blue collar culture guys who played hard on defense.

2 - I do think that they spent too much money and resources on a relatively low upside trio of Irving, Hayward, and Horford.

3 - I do think I'm going to end up being right that their ticket to contention will rest on the development of Brown and Tatum.

4 - But I was very wrong about which prospects they should have targeted.  Fultz is turning into one of the biggest busts in NBA history.  Tatum and Brown were the best picks they could have made, and they're a worthy foundation to build around moving forward.

I think there were a couple of things that led to Boston's struggles this season:

- Hitching their wagon to Kyrie was a big mistake and it is screwing them.  He's a bad culture guy, he doesn't make anyone else on the floor better, and he doesn't play defense.  He's an elite ISO scorer, but that doesn't translate into the wages of wins nearly as much as conventional wisdom holds.  But it's actually far worse than him not having enough of a positive on court and locker room impact.  He publicly committed to them at the beginning of the season and it looks like he's probably going to back out of that commitment now.  Remember that whole "I'll be back if you guys will have me" speech he gave?  That commitment probably kept Boston from ever considering trading him and now he'll walk for no return.  And it gets even worse... Anthony Davis's dad publicly cited the franchise's treatment of Isaiah Thomas as the reason Davis doesn't want to play in Boston.

- Bad locker room chemistry due to the young guys who showed out for them last year getting shelved was something that a lot of people saw coming and it ended up happening.

- A failure to establish good habits on offense and defense during the regular season caused them to fall significantly far behind Milwaukee and Toronto.  Those teams did establish those habits, and it's showing in the postseason.

I think they can get much better moving forward.  They need to let Kyrie walk and just swallow that pill.  And then they need to successfully develop the young core of Tatum, Brown, Robert Williams, Rozier, and Smart.  And they need to get back to playing elite defense.  That's their ticket back to a top two seed.  And I think there will be an opening for them if Toronto loses Kawhi and Philly regresses in the short term.  Brooklyn is further behind them, and New York will only be a threat in the near term if they get Durant.  They have a bright future.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Sucks they cant trade him, but I'm so glad they can jus walk away from Kyrie instead of already giving him the extension.  That would've been some *****. 

Then you could trade him though.  I think it would have been better for them to get him signed, but there really wasn't a good enough reason on Kyrie's end for him to sign early.

He's going to end up signing for a max deal somewhere, there is a demand for talented volume scoring guards.  So I think we can safely assume he would have had a trade market this summer.

Wonder where he's going to end up?  I hope for everyone's sake that it's not the Knicks.  Those fans will turn on him so fast and he will not handle things well there.  He needs to go to a laid back, small city team with a supporting cast like Orlando.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Then you could trade him though.  I think it would have been better for them to get him signed, but there really wasn't a good enough reason on Kyrie's end for him to sign early.

He's going to end up signing for a max deal somewhere, there is a demand for talented volume scoring guards.  So I think we can safely assume he would have had a trade market this summer.

Wonder where he's going to end up?  I hope for everyone's sake that it's not the Knicks.  Those fans will turn on him so fast and he will not handle things well there.  He needs to go to a laid back, small city team with a supporting cast like Orlando.

Yeah he seems like he'd be best served going to a non contending team. I don't think any one of them would benefit,  and I think he'd honestly be miserable. Just go to an unassuming star bereft place and avg a quiet 25-30

Edited by Mr. Sinister

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah he seems like he'd be best served going to a non contending team. I don't think any one of them would benefit,  and I think he'd honestly be miserable. Just go to an unassuming star bereft place and avg a quiet 25-30 

Yeah, I think he needs a basketball backwater where he can just focus on basketball without drawing a ton of scrutiny.  But I think a team like Orlando is where he could win.  Not contend for a title, but get a mid-seed.  There are a lot of good young defenders and role players on that team that can do all of the things on the court he doesn't do and allow him to just go out and fill it up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You probably have a better idea of trade partners then I do, jus think he showed his true colors too brightly for a sign and trade.  Send a better message not to even give an offer if he "doesnt care".

Sin brought up Phoenix, thatd be perfect, imo.

• Like 1

Kyrie needs to be the second best player on a team with a good point player.  Doesn’t matter where it is.  He could probably do well for himself in Houston, playing Harden lite when Harden wants to take a play off.

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

Kyrie needs to be the second best player on a team with a good point player.  Doesn’t matter where it is.  He could probably do well for himself in Houston, playing Harden lite when Harden wants to take a play off.

It would work on offense, but not enough perimeter defense with that construction IMO.

It's a moot point though, because Houston's cap is tied up for the next three years.

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

God that's like Interstellar level ball stoppage

• Haha 1

God that's like Interstellar level ball stoppage

That’s the Houston offense.  Hero ball with guys in position as bail out passing options should them sick moves fail.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

That’s the Houston offense.  Hero ball with guys bail out passing options should them sick moves fail.

Yeah, but come on Des, it'll be like that ocean planet scene.... They'll both be dribbling back and forth down to 1, brick a shot and reset the clock for another 24, dribble dribble cross, and then Harden goes for an alley oop that fails because Clint Capela is now a dusty pile of bones.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Yeah, but come on Des, it'll be like that ocean planet scene.... They'll both be dribbling back and forth down to 1, brick a shot and reset the clock for another 24, dribble dribble cross, and then Harden goes for an alley oop that fails because Clint Capela is now a dusty pile of bones.

That makes me want to see it more.  Hahaha

edit:  did the text font change for this forum all of the sudden?  

• Sad 1