Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

If 2 of the Sixers big four (Simmons, Butler, Embiid, and Harris) are having good offensive games, they are too much for the Raptor to handle.

Embiid has only had one good game and Harris hasn't even had that.  Game 7s on the road are hard games to win, but I think the Sixers have a reasonably good chance.

Unbelievable that the Cavs couldn't somehow integrate Hood into their rotation more last year.

Lillard > Irving

But I like Denver at home in game 7.  I think it is more likely that Sixers win game 7 on the road than Portland does.

I have no idea what team is going to show up for Houston or GS for game 6.  I wouldn't be surprised if is a blowout either way (Curry comes out and goes 6 for 8 from 3, GS moves the ball all over the place for Houston to keep up, Harden simply doesn't show up, and CP3 looks like he's no longer a starter on a contender in the NBA or Curry shows up and looks like he's warn out/injured, Harden goes for 35 and CP3 does enough to fill the gaps).

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Bruh, that franchise is done 😂

Man, I honestly can't believe how horrible that Front Office is. The only comparison is the Cerrato Era Redskins. Luckily for them bammas, it's easier to make a turnaround in basketball than it is in the NFL, but as of now, you'd have to be foolish to want to play with that Franchise in its current state. The Clippers are a far better choice.

• Like 2

Their best hope is that franchise is taken out of the hands of the Buss family.  But I imagine that as second generation owners,  they see it more as their birthright, then making sure they do whats best for the organization overall.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Lakers are/were so good for so long, they're due a looooong era of suckitude. Shut up all the ****roach bandwagon Laker fans.

They've been irrelevant for the majority of this decade already. When they've had down periods before, like the post Showtime era and post peak Kobe, they've always been able to point, and reset their doomsday clock with dominant free agents.

I think the turmoil within the organization ended that though. Now you have the fallout with Magic/Pelinka/Walton  (who I think is a good coach), and now the nonsense with Lue, and all of a sudden they are perhaps the most toxic organization in sports. No amount of titties, ass and palm trees will get anyone besides LeBron and his ego to join them.

They are in Dolan Land, where lost souls mutter incoherently about past glory and free agents that will never materialize.

I mean ****, even after the disaster of a season they just had, I gave them a decent shot to get right this summer, because of whatever Magics plan was, and James. And a coach picked by James.  That's all you need, really.

Where they are right now is where I thought they'd be if they totally botched this summer.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Good **** them. I hope it burns down. I’ll light the first match. 

I hope ends like game 6 when harden had the worst game of his life. He looks tired. 

I mentioned during the insane portion of his season where he had all those 30 pt games, that that continuous nuclear usage might kill him in the playoffs. Pringles already doesnt run a deep bench, and right now they are literally Harden or bust. That's why I disagree with the notion of them beating GS even without Durant. They need close to perfection to win. GS lost  Durant in the 3rd, and they were gifted several wtf moments from GS and still lost.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

Lebron messed up himself signing with the Lakers.  I understand he may have wanted to be in LA for reasons outside of basketball, but even allowing for that he still could have gone to a better team.  He should have stuck to his one year opt out contracts too because now he’s stuck on a sinking ship.

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

Lebron messed up himself signing with the Lakers.  I understand he may have wanted to be in LA for reasons outside of basketball, but even allowing for that he still could have gone to a better team.  He should have stuck to his one year opt out contracts too because now he’s stuck on a sinking ship.

I think his/their thinking there was the commitment by him would help recruit other FA.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I mentioned during the insane portion of his season where he had all those 30 pt games, that that continuous nuclear usage might kill him in the playoffs. Pringles already doesnt run a deep bench, and right now they are literally Harden or bust. That's why I disagree with the notion of them beating GS even without Durant. They need close to perfection to win. GS lost  Durant in the 3rd, and they were gifted several wtf moments from GS and still lost.

They've won 2 games w/ Durant.  It isn't that outrageous to suggest that if Curry goes back to what he was in games 1-4 and not the 2nd half of game 5 that they can win 2 more games.

They do depend on Harden too much in the regular season IMO.

4 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

Lakers are slowly becoming the Redskins...

Lakers wish they had a young franchise player to build around.

43 minutes ago, Destino said:

Wish he'd demand a trade, that's what nba needs right now.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PeterMP said:

They've won 2 games w/ Durant.  It isn't that outrageous to suggest that if Curry goes back to what he was in games 1-4 and not the 2nd half of game 5 that they can win 2 more games.

Yeah, Steph and Klay both have not been consistent, but I think Klay functions better when the ball is moving, and if Draymond is in a groove, making plays, giving Klay and Steph better looks, its still 3 vs 1.5 at best.

Harden has to throw in extended minutes and score at a good clip to keep pace with them, or they'll get blown off the floor. When he gets help from guys like Gordon and Tucker, that's when they get the edge, but only because of Stephs woeful start to the series.

If Draymond, Steph and Klay are playing just pretty good altogether, I don't think Houston has a chance.  I think it's more likely that happens, than Harden, Capela, Tucker and Gordon all playing great.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hersh said:

CP3 is awful now 

Other than the forearm shoves on offense, which are finally being correctly called, his game doesn’t even look like what we expect from CP3.  No creativity on the dribble, no carefully chosen opportunistic shot.  He’s forcing everything he does and can’t create any space.  

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'd be worried if I was Houston.  No KD and only up by 1 right now?

And Curry didn’t score because he was on the bench with foul trouble.

• Like 1

Just now, Destino said:

Other than the forearm shoves on offense, which are finally being correctly called, his game doesn’t even look like what we expect from CP3.  No creativity on the dribble, no carefully chosen opportunistic shot.  He’s forcing everything he does and can’t create any space.  

His entire game has become flopping to get calls. It's awful to watch and I'm happy he's not getting calls generally. He got one against Green but that's it. 

12 minutes ago, Destino said:

And Curry didn’t score because he was on the bench with foul trouble.

Not playing like a team that doesn't want to be eliminated yet.

Chris Paul heard ya'll talkin mad reckless out the mouth.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 2