Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

A year after hearing rockets would have won if CP3 didn’t get hurt makes this much more satisfying 

They were a better team last year.  It isn't like they actually returned the same team.

And they'll likely be worse next year than this year (unless they want to start paying tax, which them seem to be trying hard to avoid).  Austin Rivers is likely gone after this year (and I'm not saying he's a great player, but he's a reasonable bench piece) to be replaced by a rookie or on a vet min contract.

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Can the Daryl Morey love finally end? Just because he uses the quadratic equation every day don’t mean that he a great nba gm.

I disagree a bit on this one. The rockets most likely beat every other team in the league over 7 games. They have choked bad the last 2 years against the warriors, but they probably beat every other team in the league

they are a bit ****ed moving forward though, CP3 is aging rapidly

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Put bluntly, the Rockets offense is poorly built for the postseason and Dantoni is a middling coach...at best.

I expect some significant changes for them in the offseason.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

12 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Put bluntly, the Rockets offense is poorly built for the postseason and Dantoni is a middling coach...at best.

I expect some significant changes for them in the offseason.

They gotta be trying to trade CP3 asap. Beyond that, they don't have a lot of flexibility unless they decide to move the Beard and do a complete transformation. 

I think it goes beyond their offense. It's their two stars flopping mindset. When CP3 quit trying to flop around yesterday, he was still getting shots he wanted. The Rockets need their stars to have a tougher mindset instead of trying to sell calls all the time. 

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

I disagree a bit on this one. The rockets most likely beat every other team in the league over 7 games. They have choked bad the last 2 years against the warriors, but they probably beat every other team in the league

they are a bit ****ed moving forward though, CP3 is aging rapidly

Yeah, but they were built to beat the Warriors.

On top of that, Morey will probably send a 1000 word essay on all the blown calls of this game 6 to the NBA's offices again too. Eff that guy and his devotees in the media.

33 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insanity

That's actually the definition of insanity. Not some BS quote that is wrongly attributed to Albert Einstein - who was an astrophysicist, not a psychologist.

25 minutes ago, Hersh said:

They gotta be trying to trade CP3 asap.

LMAO. No one wants that contract.

10 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insanity

That's actually the definition of insanity. Not some BS quote that is wrongly attributed to Albert Einstein - who was an astrophysicist, not a psychologist.

It's also a figure of speech that most people understand, English is like that in case you forgot. Not sure what you were shooting for with that one.

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

Last year, I agree they probably would have beat anyone else.  But not this year.  I don't think they are as good as Milwaukee, Denver, or Toronto.  They couldn't play good enough defense this year, whereas last year they were 6th in DRtg.

Philly is proving to be a pretty good and balanced team too.  I'm not sure this Houston team beats them if Embiid is healthy in that series.

One of the cool things about this postseason is that it has made the case that the regular season matters now.  The bracket has been chalk by record and the best teams of the regular season have shown their quality and balance.

This is the future of a league where the superstar players are better dispersed.  Defense and regular season competitiveness will matter.

The big thing for the Rockets is their owners.  If they were willing pay the tax this year, that could have been a different team this year.

Morey can't do anything about how much money the owners are willing to spend.

(And I've been saying CP3 was slowing down since he was still a Clipper.  It isn't like his decline was just this year.  He's not been the defensive player he was those early years for ~4 years.)

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

They could probably get Melo cheap too.  Get the ol gang together.

Still would result in a first round sweep by the Nuggets. lol

Speaking of CP3 and trade though... I did not know, or forgot, that the Rockets trade for CP3 included Lou Will, Beverly and Montrezl Harrell.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but that's exactly the three players they need to beat the Warriors. lol

• Like 1