Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

3 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Also, Jimmy Butler gonna get PAID this offseason.

he deserves it, but i'm not sure how that plays out long term. I dont expect his game will age well, and when it goes, it will probably go quick. If I got title aspirations for the next 2 years though, I look him up.

Now that is how you end a series!

tenor.gif

Gimme those luscious tears, flowing like the Niagara and ****

2 hours ago, AJ* said:

Embiid's b-ball IQ has gone subterranean. How does a coach let his center initiate his offense from the 3 point line? Why is this guy trying to dribble from the perimeter and make moves as if he's a guard? Is he allergic to the low post or what?

Sawft

• Haha 2

So glad TNT replaying it, that's BS the NBA made me pick GOT and miss that.   

I can't wait for KL vs Gainnis.  It would be mortifying to see them on the same team. Have to change the television rating for gratuitous violence.

• Haha 1

Bucks vs Raptors and Nuggets vs Blazers are my vision of the NBA's ideal future.  Competitive, balanced teams led by a single, likeable superstar player with a team full of high quality role players helping them win.  Hungry teams with no sense of entitlement, and who enjoy genuine homecourt advantages.  Unpredictable playoff series between well matched opponents where the outcome is decided by composure of the greater competitor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Bucks vs Raptors and Nuggets vs Blazers are my vision of the NBA's ideal future.  Competitive, balanced teams led by a single, likeable superstar player with a team full of high quality role players helping them win.  Hungry teams with no sense of entitlement, and who enjoy genuine homecourt advantages.  Unpredictable playoff series between well matched opponents where the outcome is decided by composure of the greater competitor.

Hear, hear.  So glad there's no LeBron, Kyrie, Harden, Russ, etc remaining.  

I remember the days before Beilein. Amaker was okay but Michigan was looking to take the next step. Poaching Beilein from WVU was huge. His players loved him and he loved them back. I remember they used to go to his house and meet his family during the season. He was the friendly grandpa. He was the one with the super soaker squiritng all his players last year during the tournament. 

Under Beilein, Michigan went to 2 Final Fours and made 2 National Championship appearances. Michigan benefitted heavily from Beilein's wisdom and coaching. 

This is a sad day. You'd always think Gilbert would snare Izzo, because of the MSU ties. Izzo and the Cavs were often linked and rumored. But Gilbert ended up getting Beilein. 

I don't think it wouldn't work in the NBA, but he can't be as cozy as he was at Michigan with his players. 

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It feels like a hire where everyone loses.  Especially Michigan and the NCAA.  He was one of the few great coaches left who did it right.

word is he got fed up with recruiting since the best players usually end up going to Duke or some elite school 

Recruiting is also in the news for heavy scandal and money and Beilein was always clean as can be. 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

If ima be honest, this second round is all I ever want from Basketball. The stars and the super teams are fun for a sec but this **** right here cant be beat. 

I know this is just a transition period between dynasties, and that even still, GS is going to win the championship.  But I wish we could keep the NBA like it is right now, or even broaden competition further.

The playoff bracket has been almost entirely chalk, and yet it feels like the competition is better than it has been in a long time.  a league where a team can only have one true blue superstar is perfect IMO.  Then you could spread those players throughout the league and there would be enough for like ten really good teams each year.  Ten more teams where they are building towards contention with a young superstar in the making.  And ten more teams who are winding down/starting over.

IMO, the only way we can keep things like Giannis teaming up with another superstar and running the league from happening is to institute a hard cap and abolish max contracts.  Then we need draft reforms to make tanking multiple seasons worthless.  Stuff like no multiple top 3 picks in four year windows.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I know this is just a transition period between dynasties, and that even still, GS is going to win the championship.  But I wish we could keep the NBA like it is right now, or even broaden competition further.

The playoff bracket has been almost entirely chalk, and yet it feels like the competition is better than it has been in a long time.  a league where a team can only have one true blue superstar is perfect IMO.  Then you could spread those players throughout the league and there would be enough for like ten really good teams each year.  Ten more teams where they are building towards contention with a young superstar in the making.  And ten more teams who are winding down/starting over.

IMO, the only way we can keep things like Giannis teaming up with another superstar and running the league from happening is to institute a hard cap and abolish max contracts.  Then we need draft reforms to make tanking multiple seasons worthless.  Stuff like no multiple top 3 picks in four year windows.

I can't get with that "Everyone being likeable" stuff though. Leagues thrive off of "Good guys" and "Villains."

i dont need to like them

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

If ima be honest, this second round is all I ever want from Basketball. The stars and the super teams are fun for a sec but this **** right here cant be beat. 

I thoroughly enjoyed everyone being wrong about the warriors losing the series after KD went down. 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I thoroughly enjoyed everyone being wrong about the warriors losing the series after KD went down. 

I bet you did. It is fun to see Curry running the show again. I still think hes the best player on that squad, but that opinion changes almost every game. Yall are still super talented and all that Jazz. Its much more fun to watch yall struggle and pull out a victory than make it look easy. I wanna see ya work for it. 

Also I think you can thank CP for that, too. He poked the bear. 

• Like 1

The NBA has always been dominated by dynasties with the rare one off champion(03 Pistons, 11 Mavs for examples).

The Warriors will win another ring this year, and then the next dynasty will arise after the events of this summer's FA. Could very well be the Clippers if they keep that core and add a max player or two.

• Like 2