Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

This started at police brutality and now we’re talking about what we can name rooms in our home. 

if your point is people spending the bulk of their opinionating time featuring uber-focus and uber-concern on such stuff like not being able to say 'master' as freely as they can now in the dystopian future are being stupid or clueless, whatever, i generally concur (but that's probably not your point)

more than a few keyboardists have what i would call (usually when being charitable) misplaced or questionable prioritization of concerns...we have one reg who's fallen down to where it's about his only shtick now...and usually as an argument tactic in debate it falls under the "deflect form the main topic" column

it isn't that there is zero real stuff to talk about regarding "over reach", it's how one frames it and how much air time one gives it while still addressing the core issue at play appropriately, too, or the absence thereof

it's all "communicating" and all very revealing stuff, ya know :) 

Even the BBC are running the story about stores refusing to sell Redskins gear. I'm not sure what is left in England if NFL.com aren't selling but I feel like going out and buying a bunch of stuff as a memory to my favourite team. And just to wind certain people up.

I so wanted a Chase Young jersey. (I have burned my Reed jersey and my wife's Cousins jersey!)

PS As usual Jumbo I have no idea what you are talking about!

37 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Because there’s a line.  A line where stupidity takes over like realtors being banned now from saying master bedroom because of the word master.  People always have to take it too far.  This started at police brutality and now we’re talking about what we can name rooms in our home. 

BLM and associated activists did not demand that. Petitions were not circulated, marches weren't organized. The reality is that an industry that has a LOT of racial inequality dirtying it up (and endless amounts of research backs this up) made an unasked-for move to show "solidarity" for PR reasons.

The protests and movement want real actionable change on big issues and this transparently pandering Master-bedroom type change that you're seeing and being triggered by is being KILLED even more on black and left twitter than it is on conservative twitter. Nobody who is marching and being beaten by police gives a **** about whether something is called a "Master bedroom". You continuing to equate stuff like this (small meaningless capitulations from majority-white industries that no one is asking for) with the historic protests and demands for police reform and defunding makes you look uneducated on the issues. It's stupid **** that is being used to successfully distract you from what's really going on and being demanded--similar to most media stopping coverage of the millions still protesting every day, right now, unless there's violence--when 90% or more of the protests and marches have been and remain peaceful (on the part of the protesters, not the police). You're being lied to and led around by your nose and loving every second of it.

45 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Holy hell. If it forces Dan to sell the team, then I wouldn't give a damn if people named us the Tampons. I would gladly post on ExtremeTampons if it means getting rid of that POS Snyder.

Here's the article with what Michael said.

Michael Wilbon says he won't be surprised if Dan Snyder is forced to sell Redskins 

>>

As the situation surrounding the Redskins continues to lose stability, ESPN's Michael Wilbon explained that he could see a scenario where team owner Daniel Snyder sells his controlling interest in the organization. 

"I don't know that [Snyder will sell] but would I be surprised? No," Wilbon said Monday morning on The Sports Junkies. "I wouldn't be surprised at all because I don't believe he's going along with this."

Wilbon's theory is that Snyder is not actually on board with changing the Redskins name, a move that according to NBC Sports Washington and multiple other outlets is imminent. For decades the team name has been a source of controversy, and last week the biggest threat to the team name came when corporate partners FedEx, Nike and Pepsi all asked that Washington change its moniker and imagery associated with Native Americans. <<<

33 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

if your point is people spending the bulk of their opinionating time featuring uber-focus and uber-concern on such stuff like not being able to say 'master' as freely as they can now in the dystopian future are being stupid or clueless, whatever, i generally concur (but that's probably not your point)

more than a few keyboardists have what i would call (usually when being charitable) misplaced or questionable prioritization of concerns...we have one reg who's fallen down to where it's about his only shtick now...and usually as an argument tactic in debate it falls under the "deflect form the main topic" column

it isn't that there is zero real stuff to talk about regarding "over reach", it's how one frames it and how much air time one gives it while still addressing the core issue at play appropriately, too, or the absence thereof

it's all "communicating" and all very revealing stuff, ya know :) 

I think it’s fair to point out how poorly as a country we handle these tragic situations.  This isn’t directed at BLM.  I know I’ve seen them catching flak over different changes.  Now given some BLM folk are loving it (It’s that small group that usually is like let’s just see how far things can be pushed for entertainment.  I don’t think they really care about the movement honestly.)  I’ve read some of it.m on Twitter and what not. But I do believe many are not happy with the deflecting.  

16 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I wonder if they'd have to tear down RFK and build something totally new...or if they could just renovate the hell out of it and make it really nice.  I'm assuming a total teardown and a fancy new stadium is what'll happen, but it'd be awesome to watch a Redskins game at RFK again.  

Well it won’t be the Redskins...

PS As usual Jumbo I have no idea what you are talking about!

uh-huh...well, ya know...limited writing skills, limited knowledge on all things involving communication, and limited intellect in general, are painfully obvious burdens i bear...i understand that every now and then the comprehension of a few fine people is so upended by my shortcomings that they need to add it to their post

one suggestion i'll make is if, as you say, it's a usual thing for you....then don't read them :) 

3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

BLM and associated activists did not demand that. Petitions were not circulated, marches weren't organized. The reality is that an industry that has a LOT of racial inequality dirtying it up (and endless amounts of research backs this up) made an unasked-for move to show "solidarity" for PR reasons.

The protests and movement want real actionable change on big issues and this transparently pandering Master-bedroom type change that you're seeing and being triggered by is being KILLED even more on black and left twitter than it is on conservative twitter. Nobody who is marching and being beaten by police gives a **** about whether something is called a "Master bedroom". You continuing to equate stuff like this (small meaningless capitulations from majority-white industries that no one is asking for) with the historic protests and demands for police reform and defunding makes you look uneducated on the issues. It's stupid **** that is being used to successfully distract you from what's really going on and being demanded--similar to most media stopping coverage of the millions still protesting every day, right now, unless there's violence--when 90% or more of the protests and marches have been and remain peaceful (on the part of the protesters, not the police). You're being lied to and led around by your nose and loving every second of it.

In fairness the "lied too" claim goes both ways. There are inconvenient facts about the BLM organization that some want to ignore. One being that they are admitted Marxists:

https://backtojerusalem.com/we-are-trained-marxists-says-blm-co-founder-patrisse-cullors/

Another being that police killings of African Americans is a pandemic. There were NINE fatal police shootings of unarmed black Americans last year in the entire country. NINE. Now that is nine too many for sure. But there is no pandemic of police killings in this country. Is there bias or racism in SOME police officers? Yep. Just like there is in all walks of life. Do police officers unfairly target black males. Yep they sure do. Trying to root out the bad apples is a just cause. But what we have seen over the past few weeks has no justification at all in MY OWN PERSONAL opinion. 

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

If it's 50,000 luxury boxes and 'dream seats' you might get your wish 🙂

I’d settle for 50,000 Redskins fans actually attending the games.  Certainly wasn’t the case last season.

16 minutes ago, Destino said:

I‘ve never been but Seattle’s CenturyLink Field always looks good and loud on TV. 

Same, PacNorth is the only part of the country I haven’t visited.  

But, between NFL/NBA/NHL/concerts I’ve been to almost all the NFL sites east of the Mississippi and the stadiums/complexes that are downtown within the city limits are always the best.  

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

One can only assume you didn't finish your thought because you fell victim to this supremely dangerous slippery slope and slid to an early demise...

as is with most of my life... gets me in trouble with the wife all the time

I'd vote for a stadium in DC or National Harbor.   I've seen some of the newer stadiums and they night and day beat Fedex.  I love the stadiums like Arizona or New Orleans (granted their stadium isn't new) where you can walk to the stadium from the hotel and there is a ton to do within walking distance.

Through this day, my favorite Redskins experience is New Orleans.  The city was deluged with Redskins fans both before the day before the game and the day after, too, it felt like a Redskins convention.

There are a number of things clearly that have clearly led to the fan malaise.  But the stadium is definitely part of the soup IMO. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 7.36.05 PM.png

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Far too large and way outside of town.  Give me something like Heinz Field.

I agree.  Been there.  Their stadium is really impressive.  But somewhat corporate feeling inside of it.    But it's similar to Fedex in that its not an area to congregate before and after games.   When I went to that game I stayed in Fort Worth versus near the stadium. 

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

We dont have neat the fan base to support it. 

There's nowhere in DC to fit a Cowboys size stadium anyway.

We should probably just own the fact we are a smaller fan base now instead of building some cathedral like the Falcons. A building with a champions club despite never winning anything.

Back on topic, we don't really know if the fan base will shrink or grow after a name change until we start playing.  We shouldn't assume it will grow if we are still garbage, why I hope Snyder sells now, just admit he's a total failure and give someone else a shot.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Back in topic, we don't really know if the fan base will shrink or grow after a name change until we start playing.  

I'm pretty sure if they started winning after a name change the fan base would grow.  People follow winners.  If they continue to stink up the joint after a name change, fans aren't going to come just because of a new name.

12 minutes ago, China said:

I'm pretty sure if they started winning after a name change the fan base would grow.  People follow winners.  If they continue to stink up the joint after a name change, fans aren't going to come just because of a new name.

We were winning with Alex Smith before his leg got ripped off, it'll take more than that, folks weren't buying it yet then a calendar year later we were lucky to beat the dolphins, right on Que.

We haven't even gotten to the part of this conversation where a big reason there are so many Dallas fans in DC is previous generations rebuking the last NFL franchise to integrate. 

I'm not buying Snyder has it in him to come close to addressing it being more then just the name with this franchise. We lost at least two generations of fans, it may take a generation to get back on track (save a Patriots or GSW type run, which in not optimistic on).

The fanbase has shrunk by 30% easy in the last ten years.

The only path to expanding the fanbase/commerce, 100-200% the sky is the limit, is to change the name, win games and build a killer new stadium in/near the city.  

Redskins is a trap and Raljon is a tomb.  Don’t @ me.

Archived