Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

Yeah, count me as a No on Warhawks.  

Also, the most obvious insult that was missed in the Warthog discussion was us being called the Genital Warts by rivals.

Red Wolves is the bolder and better choice for cultivating a new and youthful fan base.  Warriors is the safe, generic pick.

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

it's a challenge sometimes, i know (seriously), but let's all try to keep focused and try to the best of our ability to not lapse into general political commentary 

Aye aye, captain! Will do better to try and stay on topic.

It is a bit tough cause the name change has so much politics injected into it, but it’s tight rope we gotta navigate

2 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Ok...so...last stadium mock ups showed a moat, right?

Let's use that...we can be the Washington Crusaders....or the Washington Templars....

Can we get the old guy from The Last Crusade, and I don't mean Connery.  "My strength has left me"  

"He chose poorly" for every draft pick is such a good fit.  

3 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Ok...so...last stadium mock ups showed a moat, right?

Let's use that...we can be the Washington Crusaders....or the Washington Templars....

Oh god, I forgot about the moat. 🤦‍♂️
it’s amazing that Dan can screw up just about everything he touches on this team. 

I’m ready to roll with Redwolves which means he will do some other horrible name to further alienate whatever remains of the fan base. 

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Some folks that are saying that want to leave we should be happy based on some of their responses. Less baggage we have to bring with us and defend during this process.

I agree, and honestly I doubt we will notice much of a drop off once the name is changed.

A new and exciting name can really help this franchise with younger fans, a demographic we seemed to be losing over the years.

I will be even so bold to claim that we will gain more fans than lose once we go with something dope like Redwolves.

33 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

Yeah, count me as a No on Warhawks.  

Also, the most obvious insult that was missed in the Warthog discussion was us being called the Genital Warts by rivals.

Red Wolves is the bolder and better choice for cultivating a new and youthful fan base.  Warriors is the safe, generic pick.

Youthful HA!  Yea, because Red Wolves sounds like a Pop Warner flag football team out of a small town in Idaho called Dickshooter (actual town in Idaho I **** you not) 

4C67A712-BD6C-4182-AC73-1606AA4A010E.gif

Yeah Redtails is no good. And no disrespect to the Tuskegee Airmen, they are American heroes.

It’s just too strange of a name for a team and oddly specific. Not to mention the endless bad nicknames from our rivals.

What’s the worst they can do with Redwolves? Call us puppies? Gasp!

2 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Yeah Redtails is no good. And no disrespect to the Tuskegee Airmen, they are American heroes.

It’s just too strange of a name for a team and oddly specific. Not to mention the endless bad nicknames from our rivals.

What’s the worst they can do with Redwolves? Call us puppies? Gasp!

An endless array of children's books and cartoons. Any dog meme, really.

True, literally anything can be meme’d this day and age, but I guess I was thinking more the lines of direct verbal insults.

Oh trust me, as a professional joaning champion, there are no rules, and human creativity knows no limits :ols:

9 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Yea, except the Red Wolf is a soft pansy ass wolf.  It doesn’t even snarl, it ****ing moo’s 😆

And the only Lions in Detroit or Bengals in Ciny are in the Zoo.

We should avoid taking these animal names literally.  It's a wolf that is red, it's a team name, it doesn't have to literally be based of of red wolves.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_wolf

I find it interesting that Code Talkers was suggested as a nickname from a NA tribe, considering I distinctly remember Blackhorse stating she didn't think any NAs should be used as a mascot for a sports team during an interview. Maybe she's a part of a different NA nation a feels differently. 

Either way, I wouldn't mind RedTails, but agree, avoiding any specific groups and going with a boring animal is probably safer. 

5 hours ago, BurgundyMalaise said:

I'd be cool with the laziest rebrand ever- slap a cool wolf on basically the same helmet (with the feather!), maybe make the logo more aerodynamic, make the numbers in the style of the team font, maybe a subtle stripe on the pants that conveys wolf fur, for the Peta folks.  

Or maybe just go all in on the furry pants idea... 

C1015TN_600x_crop_center.jpg?v=155470927

4 hours ago, -JB- said:

Yea, except the Red Wolf is a soft pansy ass wolf.  It doesn’t even snarl, it ****ing moo’s 😆

You get it. A lot of people are picturing a big bad wolf, but in reality, it's very much like a dog. 

Wow, that logo by Jeff is fierce as hell. Probably the best one I’ve seen so far

Agree! And it really hearkens back to the original logo in ways, too. You can almost see the shape of a feather in the mane. I absolutely love this one. Would wear it proudly. 

And I have to stop getting attached to these things. It just makes the wait more difficult. 

Archived