Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

6 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Cardinals are actually quite mean, dolphins...ask a shark how fierce they can be,

Saints? Ever been to a catholic school with strict nuns?

Let's step back for a second then:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ferocious

ferocious

adjective

To save this word, you'll need to log in.

fe·ro·cious | \ fə-ˈrō-shəs  \

Definition of ferocious

1: exhibiting or given to extreme fierceness and unrestrained violence and brutalitya ferocious predatorthe ferocious butchery of women and children
2: extremely intenseferocious heatThe competition among the students was ferocious.

Since Warriors and Red Wolves seems to be the leaders in the clubhouse. I just had a random thought how about we combine the two and become the Washington War Wolves. Still keep everything wolf related, but that would get the team away from the Red Wolves Trademarks or another option would be Warrior Wolves. 

1 minute ago, Boy1der06 said:

Since Warriors and Red Wolves seems to be the leaders in the clubhouse. I just had a random thought how about we combine the two and become the Washington War Wolves. Still keep everything wolf related, but that would get the team away from the Red Wolves Trademarks or another option would be Warrior Wolves. 

I prefer Wolfiors.

7 minutes ago, Boy1der06 said:

Hmmm warwolf sounds like warlock.. joint campaign with wizards😂

23 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Let's step back for a second then:

Incorrect word dictionary entry.

Hmmm..went back to look where I called something ferocious...nope I didn't closest thing was saying a dolphins actions can be fierce..

12 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Hmmm..went back to look where I called something ferocious...nope I didn't closest thing was saying a dolphins actions can be fierce..

Someone else did, and neither of the names I posted that had rings are fierce either.

Since I don't think you read the link I posted or put two and two together how close fierce and ferocious are linked in the English language, I'm posting something else from it:

Choose the Right Synonym for ferocious

FIERCE, FEROCIOUS, BARBAROUS, SAVAGE, CRUEL mean showing fury or malignity in looks or actions. FIERCE applies to humans and animals that inspire terror because of their wild and menacing aspect or fury in attack. fierce warriors FEROCIOUS implies extreme fierceness and unrestrained violence and brutality. 

Cardinal can be assholes but they don't inspire terror, and the dolphins that sharks actually worry about the most are Orcas since most likely to kill a shark just to eat their liver or just sheer bordom (though they were also at Sea World doing tricks and Miami clearly is using a bottlenose dolphin for their logo).

Ya see why I warned about taking things too literally in this discussion this morning?  I'll say again I want something I can live with, not something that lines up properly with binomial nomenclature. 

Football team, football team, football team.

Edit: also, here is fierce so it doesn't seem like ignoring your usage of the word

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fierce

fierce

adjective

To save this word, you'll need to log in.

\ ˈfirs  \
fiercer; fiercest

Definition of fierce

1a: violently hostile or aggressive in temperamenta fierce tiger
b: given to fighting or killing : PUGNACIOUSfierce fighters
2a: marked by unrestrained zeal or vehemencea fierce argument
b: extremely vexatious, disappointing, or intensefierce pain
3: furiously active or determinedmake a fierce effort
4: wild or menacing in appearance
5informal : having or expressing bold confidence or styleWhen it comes to celebrity fashion, while the looks are fierce they're not always attainable.— Marlen Komar

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Someone else did, and neither of the names I posted that had rings are fierce either.

Since I don't think you read the link I posted or put two and two together how close fierce and ferocious are linked in the English language, I'm posting something else from it:

Cardinal can be assholes but they don't inspire terror, and the dolphins that sharks actually worry about the most are Orcas since most likely to kill a shark just to eat their liver or just sheer bordom (though they were also at Sea World doing tricks and Miami clearly is using a bottlenose dolphin for their logo).

Ya see why I warned about taking things too literally in this discussion this morning?  I'll say again I want something I can live with, not something that lines up properly with binomial nomenclature. 

Football team, football team, football team.

I can only imagine the backlash we would get for going with the Washington Savages.  WINCE!

National Media is really trying to make Red Tails its agenda.... Hopefully Dan doesn't cave and take us .. you know the fans into consideration instead of just making us the only team in the NFL to have a name based on current Social Justice Political movement. 

Don't do it Dan!

6 minutes ago, GreenFields said:

National Media is really trying to make Red Tails its agenda.... Hopefully Dan doesn't cave and take us .. you know the fans into consideration instead of just making us the only team in the NFL to have a name based on current Social Justice Political movement. 

Don't do it Dan!

Would you like to expand on your objection to that name? 

1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Would you like to expand on your objection to that name? 

Animal is safer we will offend people, also we are simply doing something to pander to the current climate. Its a football team. Lets not make it a political thing again!

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Can we please have a conversation on why Redtails is not a good name for a football team without it being another front in a culture war?

I just posted below your comment why i feel it should not be a thing. Also sounds terrible for a football team

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Yea, the country can force us to change our name from Redskins, that's fair, they should not be allowed to pick one for us.

F that, it's not a national team it's a Washington area team.

This is when Dans **** head personality could benefit us lol

3 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

A quick gander at the replies to the tweet above indicate public support for my initial reaction: that’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever read. 

Red tails also sounds stupid IMO youre entitled to yours .. but 31 other teams could also be social justice warriors ... why do we have to have our name do that? Team logos are becoming modern.. a logo of a old plane is not going to work. I get what Red Tails represents.. But this is a football team not a social justice platform for a name.

6 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

A quick gander at the replies to the tweet above indicate public support for my initial reaction: that’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever read. 

Ever?

Okay, fine ill say it, I don't want a black man in a combat air uniform dancing with the funky 4 on Sunday.  

That's not how you show those men the respect they deserve. 

That wasn't a random twitter poster, that was a official Black Lives Matters chapter.  That's a warning, we done pissed off one racial group, the answer shouldn't be to go piss off another one.  

It's also a bad name for a football team, anything with tail in it is, imo.

Archived