Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

28 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i had a little over one year----was thrown out (for real) of the second year (age 12) for arguing about the ark---was"cuffed" about the ears even by (for real) sister gretchen (joe bugel would have liked her on the line but getting a helmet on over that pumpkin would have been a chore--maybe butz had an extra)

others may be wondering wtf this has to do with the topic :P

since i haven't made any suggestions on this stuff so far, and for those who want a name and imagery to inspire fear/dread, i give you the washington nuns

first, obviously it's immune to any kind of social criticism :806:

B--a black and white color scheme would be killer and go with the dread/death/doom/fear theme we'd be crafting

part 3---think of the endless material available from such a move in every way on every level...wow...marketing genius and controversy-free

Lets not forget about the cheerleader outfits...

19 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Plus...new cheerleader outfits!

I should have read the rest of the posts

18 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Even if they pick a name Red Wolves, Warriors, whatever...... would we be ok with them taking their time on a logo and go without one for 2020? Especially since we have no idea if they can really pull off a season.

I legitimately don’t think they should announce a name until they had a full brand identity built, even if that means playing 2020 as the Washington DC Football Club. 

On a lighter note: https://sports.theonion.com/jerry-jones-changes-team-s-name-to-redskins-now-that-it-1844380517

The Onion: Jerry Jones changes teams name to Redskins now that it’s available 

I actually really like the idea of just going Washington FC. Let’s be honest, all names are corny. Washington FC is business-like. All about football. And we’re iconic because of our burgundy and gold colors, which would stay. Plus Washington FC highlights the city as the only identifier, which is what most of us care about anyway. And then informally, you can still use the Hogs as a nickname.

Washington FC, burgundy and gold colors, Hogs as an informal mascot. All about football, representing the city of Washington.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Ok, you don't want to be a mascot, fine. Lets correct this then. Minorities are not mascots--because there are a ****-ton of white people mascots that no one gives a **** about.

...because white people are not historically, systemically oppressed. 

Unless I missed your meaning. 

7 minutes ago, wrilbo67 said:

I legitimately don’t think they should announce a name until they had a full brand identity built, even if that means playing 2020 as the Washington DC Football Club. 

On a lighter note: https://sports.theonion.com/jerry-jones-changes-team-s-name-to-redskins-now-that-it-1844380517

The Onion: Jerry Jones changes teams name to Redskins now that it’s available 

I honestly don't think a season really happens. Gut says a handful of training camps shut down because of COVID. They try to restart a few times and it falls to pieces.

I'd be fine with No Name and No Logo until they get it right.

28 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Except you didn't really say that, your post bordered on nonsense, and even it didn't, that doesn't really have anything to do with the point you were responding to.

I really don't see the disconnect. I read it back and it makes sense to me. Somehow we're just talking past one another.

I simply pointed out that the name change what's different when Baltimore went to Indy then it was when Cleveland went to Baltimore. And then I said that maybe the Colts leaving Baltimore had something to do with the Browns named remaining in Cleveland. 

Regardless, hopefully I cleared it up now lol. It's not a big deal. Not worth arguing :)

21 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Until Snyder partners with MGM and tries to make this our mascot......

Looking at that photo, I see a hairy Beaver. 

Gaining a little hope on the Redwolves (RedWolves, Red Wolves) front. Been stated multiple times that the reason why the team did not announce a name was because of trademark legal issues. Martin Mcaulay is the current owner of Washington Warriors and Washington Red Tails. He has said he does not want money and will gladly give the trademarks to Snyder if he wants them for free. The only legal trademark issue still going on in a Federal Court is the Arkansas State Red Wolves vs. the Chattanooga Red Wolves Soccer Club. I am crossing my fingers that this is the trademark hold up stopping Snyder.

I'm going through three phases experiencing this right now, all simultaneously:

1) Dealing with the name/brand/identity change with humor and camaraderie

2) Enjoying the graphic attempts at creating possible new logos, even the ones I'm not crazy about are still enjoyable to consider (I still haven't done mine yet, yesterday's, um "press release" dampened my enthusiasm lol)

3) Getting irritated with the chuckleheads on twitter who are feeling emboldened now to unleash a torrent of flawed logic and inaccurate "facts" to prove Snyder, the franchiase, and its fans are all racists for ever thinking any Native American wasn't offended by the name and logo.

One phase I've not gone through--and never will--is the 'I'm done with this franchise" phase. It's bittersweet. I won't condemn anyone for whatever feeling they're having towards the name change...might condemn the reason they give for that feeling lol...but not the feeling they are experiencing itself.

EDIT: Sonofa...I tried getting this post done before the page number became "666" lol...and now I'm the firsr effin' post on this page!

4 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Gaining a little hope on the Redwolves (RedWolves, Red Wolves) front. Been stated multiple times that the reason why the team did not announce a name was because of trademark legal issues. Martin Mcaulay is the current owner of Washington Warriors and Washington Red Tails. He has said he does not want money and will gladly give the trademarks to Snyder if he wants them for free. The only legal trademark issue still going on in a Federal Court is the Arkansas State Red Wolves vs. the Chattanooga Red Wolves Soccer Club. I am crossing my fingers that this is the trademark hold up stopping Snyder.

Adam Shiftler just tooted that Snyder is trying to obtain the Washington Mystics trademark 

Red Beavers trademark is available.

Red Rider Action Rifles is too

4 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

Page 666 - Washington Red Devils anyone?

nope, beat them in high school

4 minutes ago, -JB- said:

FIXED: Since I can’t find a menacing red wolf to save my life..... How about the White Wolves?  Washington White Wolves!  Do you think white left liberal Twitter would explode at the thought of White being a part of the new name????? Lol

iddiupo81hq11.jpg

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

1) Dealing with the name/brand/identity change with humor and camaraderie

2) Enjoying the graphic attempts at creating possible new logos

3) Getting irritated with the chuckleheads on twitter

One phase I've not gone through--and never will--is the 'I'm done with this franchise" phase. 

I'm definitely right there with you. I'm having a good time with 1 & 2. I'm doing my best to stay off of Twitter. It's just a very toxic environment these days and I always wind up getting in a pointless argument with somebody and wind up in a bad mood.

And yeah, I just don't understand the "i'm done with this franchise mentality." You say that you grew up a Redskins fan, and if they change the name, you're gone? the people who make up your organization aren't going anywhere. The players, coaches, and other Personnel aren't changing anymore then they normally would. Hell, even the colors are remaining the same.

I've come to terms with the fact that that's name is changing and it's going to be weird for a bit, but I'll get over it. 

5 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Since I can’t find a menacing red wolf to save my life..... How about the White Wolves?  Washington White Wolves!  Do you think white left liberal Twitter would explode at the thought of White being a part of the new name????? Lol

Really?

c89585b52ffc486651af631a4c1d4180.jpg

874083-bigthumbnail.jpg

4 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Since I can’t find a menacing red wolf to save my life..... How about the White Wolves?  Washington White Wolves!  Do you think white left liberal Twitter would explode at the thought of White being a part of the new name????? Lol

I find it fascinating that so many of your posts feel the need to veer into this territory. It's borderline obsessive, you find a way to squeeze in your real concerns while pretending to focus on the semi-team related stuff (in my reading, which will not be the same as others). Do you not have an outlet elsewhere to rid yourself of these gripes, or is your POV just so immersed and marinated in the divisive politics of it that you literally can't separate your thought process from it? 

It's a common thing I see online on all sorts of topics. 

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I find it fascinating that so many of your posts feel the need to veer into this territory. It's borderline obsessive, you find a way to squeeze in your real concerns while pretending to focus on the semi-team related stuff (in my reading, which will not be the same as others). Do you not have an outlet elsewhere to rid yourself of these gripes, or is your POV just so immersed and marinated in the divisive politics of it that you literally can't separate your thought process from it? 

Don’t be so sensitive, my man.  It’s all jokes.  I don’t even get down with politics.  I just call em as I see em 🤷‍♂️

@spjunkies Woah, that wolf on the bottom looks kinda badass now thats a logo I could get with!

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Lots of people can’t separate it. It’s honestly hard to do in America (I say that as only an American so forgive me). I can’t, I just don’t let y’all see it every time. You have no idea how many time I have wanted to respond to people saying “I know a NA and HE says it ok” with wellI know a brutha that would let you call him a  n word and laugh it off. 

That **** is always on my mind. I don’t mind seeing other people express it. It is a little weird to see it expressed in such a passive aggressive way though. I like to be direct 

Edit: as it relates to the topic, a good portion of fans feel that way. I think we have to learn to talk about it at some point. Largely I think JB is cool enough about his views, rather I agree with them or not, that he doesn’t make things worse. Which is a positive. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Lots of people can’t separate it. It’s honestly hard to do in America (I say that as only an American so forgive me). I can’t, I just don’t let y’all see it every time. You have no idea how many time I have wanted to respond to people saying “I know a NA and HE says it ok” with wellI know a brutha that would let you call him a  n word and laugh it off. 

That **** is always on my mind. I don’t mind seeing other people express it. It is a little weird to see it expressed in such a passive aggressive way though. I like to be direct 

Nothing passive aggressive about what I said.  I thought it was a pretty direct shot lol

Archived