Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Pretty much. It removes unnecessary baggage.  It should be 100% about football. Feels great to finally be free of that.

Exactly, it will be nice to focus on football, I’m amazed at all the “die hards” on Twitter and Facebook saying they won’t be fans anymore, if they had been Fed Ex might have been full

They need to have a name that connects them with their history. I can’t imagine using some animal name and changing the color scheme. It would be a totally different team. They have to stay burgundy and gold and keep the fight song altering the lyrics to fit the new name. I just can’t see Dan Snyder completely abandoning everything from their history. 

2 hours ago, clietas said:

I always thought Bullets was a great name. Uniforms were cool. I'll still only wear Bullets merchandise. The original Wizards color scheme was just atrocious imo.

It was a great name.  It had a historic connection to Baltimore and Pollin changed the name to a dorky joke on a lark.  But at this point, we're stuck with it.  Pollin felt so strongly about the change to Wizards that changing it back to the Bullets would be pissing on his grave.  He was a good man and doesn't deserve that.

The Wizards are a pretty good example of why the Redskins shouldn't change their name.

3 minutes ago, chaz13 said:

They need to have a name that connects them with their history. I can’t imagine using some animal name and changing the color scheme. It would be a totally different team. They have to stay burgundy and gold and keep the fight song altering the lyrics to fit the new name. I just can’t see Dan Snyder completely abandoning everything from their history. 

Yeah, the problem is that anything Native American themed is not going to be received well.

I can get behind:

- The Washington Burgundy and Gold
- The Washington Burgundies (“The Burgs“ as a nickname has an endearing ring to it)

- The Washington Hogs (as long as the logo is done right)
- A player or coach that has a double meaning like The Washington Monks (after Art Monk)

43 minutes ago, RansomthePasserby said:

I like the Washington Devils. Our mascot could have horns and wear a suit and tie like a politician.

Um our owner has sued a newspaper over this exact depiction of himself in a suit and tie with devil horns etc. so...that would not go over well with anyone, including Snyder himself lol

34 minutes ago, chaz13 said:

Yeah, I will be surprised if they change the color scheme 

How about we name the team after something that any decent American knows and loves, no matter what their ethnicity?

That's right. The Washington Tater Tots.

Or maybe we can just go the super expository route and change to The Washington Run Run Pass Punts.

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Or maybe we can just go the super expository route and change to The Washington Run Run Pass Punts.

In that same vein, how about we remove our logo from the helmet, delay finding a real name, and just call ourselves The Washington Losers until we win a Super Bowl. Then name the team. I feel like that would provide some motivation for this organization.

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

How about we name the team after something that any decent American knows and loves, no matter what their ethnicity?

That's right. The Washington Tater Tots.

Just what we need, more cultural appropriation of the Irish.  It's bad enough there's a basketball team that mispronounces our heritage, now you wanna take our tots?

52 minutes ago, chaz13 said:

In that case just keep colours and feathers. To me after the name does are the most icon pieces. 

I would hate a complete redesign. Then you just throw away history. Get a uniform like Falcons should finish it off...

The classic R in the circle with feathers already does the job right? 

I truly haven't seen one name I'd really want yet (or that I don't think would present problems of its own)...so I hope Snyder, Rivera, and the people they employ for this are more creative than the entirety of the internet so far.

Archived