Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

14 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

Two things Snyder will accomplish if he handles this right:

1. The NFL will give him a Superbowl. (There is serious horse trading going on. The NFL needs this team to change it’s name voluntarily.)

2. DC opens up as a possible location for his new stadium and it could be the location of said Superbowl.

Just because this area's winters have gotten warmer doesn't mean it's reliable enough to give a Super Bowl to.  We'd get one and a polar vortex

2 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

See my avatar. That would solve it. But it will likely be changed to something else.

And if the Sun comes up tomorrow, let it be.

I have been telling people this for years but I don’t think that under any circumstances can they keep the name and not look like they are copping out. It’s basically gotta go now that they have started it. 

6 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I know all about them..So what? what about all the other races that fought and lost their lives for this country? the tuskegee airmen had a miniscule affect on the war compare to all the other soldiers..

ahem. 

🖕

i knew this day was eventually coming, and I have to admit that I'm at peace with it now.  Truthfully, I've been at peace with it for a while because I think this could be the shot in the arm the team needs.  5 or 10 years ago, no way.  On principal, my views have largely not changed on the issue, but I'm emotionally spent on defending the name.  I don't want them to have to do this again....ever..., so I want something that is beyond reproach.  Washington Warriors is the safest play.  Absolutely keep the colors, use a script W like the old script R, or some other cool looking font.  Keep it simple.  Maybe have a red, white, and blue edge to the uniform design/alternative unis.  I cannot emphasize how much I really really REALLY don't want to "pay tribute" to any specific race or group.  Paying tribute is a tricky business, and I want my team focused on winning football games only from now until the end of time.  I want something that my kids will be able to root for when they are my age and not be abused when sensibilities change again. 

You can't fight town hall, and this is NEVER going to go away.   

I give up...but I am excited about the prospect of a reboot.  The good history is the good history and it can't be taken from us nor should it be.   

Just now, bh32 said:

All it does is cause another race discussion..We all know it so why go there?

We just retired the number of our 1st black player 

We were the 1st team to win a SB with a black QB.

He have a black woman as a coach

We just shed our racist assed owners name from everything. 

It makes a ton of sense.

Archived