Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Been rewatching Veep on HBO Max. One of the best comedies of all time.

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Westworld season 4 episode 6 is one of the best pieces of science fiction I've ever seen, arguable best episode in the series.

How is Season 4? I gave up after Season 3 because it sucked so bad.

• Like 1

Two episodes into Amazon's Paper Girls, really enjoying it so far. 

We're less than three weeks away (8/21) from the GoT prequel.  I hope they get it right 🤞🏽

LotR series premieres two weeks later, 9/2. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2022 at 6:39 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Sandman’s first season has 10 episodes.

just watched episode 1, pretty interesting. A little different but like what I’ve seen so far.

Reveal hidden contents

Cain and Able are funny. Currently watching episode 2.

I'm on 7 now. I would have loved it if they had Tom Ellis reprise his role as Lucifer for this since they're both Netflix properties now. They could have built a Vertigo Universe since they lost the Defenders to Disney+

3 hours ago, TK said:

I'm on 7 now. I would have loved it if they had Tom Ellis reprise his role as Lucifer for this since they're both Netflix properties now. They could have built a Vertigo Universe since they lost the Defenders to Disney+

I am on Episode 6. I thought Episode 5 sucked. I think the show is average. Not bad but not great.

We've watched the first few episodes of Outlaws and it's pretty good. We also just got into Severance. It reminds me a lot of Homecoming on Netflix. It has the same sort of subtly creepy, suspenseful vibe going on. Hopefully there's a good payoff at the end. We've also been digging Loot, with Maya Rudolph on Apple TV. It's really funny and touching.

• Like 1

Man, there are parts of Westworld season 4 finale that I loved and parts that completely turned me off from whatever da **** season 5 is going to be about.

They have time to clarify and fix it, but for their sake season 5 better be the last season, they could've ended it right here and now if they wanted to (and honestly if they made a few tweeks in order to clarify that, they shoulda jus done that).

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ball Security said:

I Just Killed My Dad.  Three part series on Netflix.  Documentary about a Baton Rouge teen and his father.  Netflix, you’ve done it again.  Couldn’t stop watching it.

I don't know why, but I couldn't get into this one.  I just didn't find it as fascinating as many have made it out to be.  I got 10 mins into episode 2 and turned it off, maybe I'll finish it.

Wife and I started watching the A League of Their Own series on Amazon.  Personally, I don't think its that good at all.  Different characters but it's obvious they molded some of the main ones around those played by Rosie, Madonna, Gina Davis, etc.  

Better Call Saul finale was terrible IMO. In general, I thought part 2 of the final season was pretty weak and it completely fizzled out around when episode 3 or so started. Basically when the whole episodes started to be in black and white is the turning point to me.

4 hours ago, purbeast said:

Better Call Saul finale was terrible IMO. In general, I thought part 2 of the final season was pretty weak and it completely fizzled out around when episode 3 or so started. Basically when the whole episodes started to be in black and white is the turning point to me.

We knew that Jimmy was never going to spend the rest of his life mixing up cinnabons as Gene Takovic for the next 30 years. I do think the black and white concept was kind of silly though. I also think the breaking into two parts - the second one being so different from the first made it feel very disjointed. When they're running and gunning to the Salamacas to trying to rob a store in black and white is quite a split. 

But the finale was fantastic. The last episode's "Time Machine" reflection gives a little breathing room that connects some of the most important characters of not only Jimmy's story, but the whole Breaking Bad universe. 

Chuck tries to connect but Jimmy shows his inferiority complex. 

Mike expresses his regret for putting himself in the game, but reinforces his code. 

Walter acts like the pedantic asshole (which he has always been.) 

& Jimmy and Kim get their moment. 

5 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

We knew that Jimmy was never going to spend the rest of his life mixing up cinnabons as Gene Takovic for the next 30 years. I do think the black and white concept was kind of silly though. I also think the breaking into two parts - the second one being so different from the first made it feel very disjointed. When they're running and gunning to the Salamacas to trying to rob a store in black and white is quite a split. 

But the finale was fantastic. The last episode's "Time Machine" reflection gives a little breathing room that connects some of the most important characters of not only Jimmy's story, but the whole Breaking Bad universe. 

Chuck tries to connect but Jimmy shows his inferiority complex. 

Mike expresses his regret for putting himself in the game, but reinforces his code. 

Walter acts like the pedantic asshole (which he has always been.) 

& Jimmy and Kim get their moment. 

I'm going to put my comments in spoilers just in case...

Spoiler

It felt super forced and they used some stupid flashback scenes to rush it in the final episode.  Up until the very last episode, Saul was his scheming self that he was 90% of the entire BCS series and 100% of the BB series.

Then ALL of a sudden he changes because he heard that Kim spilled the beans.  And now, the swindler, is perfectly fine getting 86 years in prison instead of just 7?  Yeah I don't buy that for one second.

Just forced and rushed IMO.  Not quite like the ending of Game of Thrones but I came away with the same feeling - super disappointed and not satisfied.

I really thought the 2nd half of the final season started to go downhill when Kim left him and then all of a sudden it was like 3 (or whatever) years later and he was the Saul from Breaking Bad.  It was awesome right up until that point.

The Manti Te’o documentary on Netflix is insane. I forgot how huge that story was. But the fact that they included the catfisher who made up his fake girlfriend adds to it all.

The fact that she (he’s transitioning) was taking credit for some of his success in the second episode was shocking. And to faintly paint her story as sone sort of trans hero thing was bull****, too. IMO, she gives trans people a bad name. 

It was an outstanding documentary though, can’t recommend it enough. 

• Like 1

The Outlaws is alright. It has it's moments.. Stephen Merchant is genuinely funny. 

The Sandman is very good. It is my favorite graphic novel, and one of the best stories I've ever read.

So far I like it, but some parts leave me a little stale. Not really digging Patton Oswalt as Matthew. Matthew was more a streetwise guy to me than a guy who sounds like he's trying to not get his lunch money stolen.

I like Lucien, Cain and Abel are good. John Dee is good so far, (he just escaped in my placehold) I kind of liked how they built him into the DC universe in the comics by making him Dr. destiny, an old villain of the Justice League, which led for them to appear later.

~Bang

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Cw's new owner thinks Cw's core audience is 58; so expect the remaining younger appealing shows like Nancy Drew and Superman and Lois to end next season.

I heard Arrowverse was basically dead anyway, is what it is.

Having flashbacks to WB50 having Saturday morning cartoons before merger with UPN.

3sd6kv.png