Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

2 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I had honestly forgotten what happened in Season 3, so when I first started watching again, was a bit confused.

Aaaannndd, they did another time warp fakeout thingy ... its now got to be like 70 year since young William first entered the park

They still have my curiosity, it's still good writing for most part, and sometimes all I ask is not be too predictable...

Spoiler

Having said that...my biggest fascination with the show was the pushing of the boundaries of legit questions surrounding AI enough to make us question ourselves.

"You design us to love each other, then get angry when we do?" Is one if the deepest lines I ever heard.

Bernard being able to see multiple variations of the future is not that and pushing past plausibility into implausiblity. 

The world does seem over far as the last episode seems, unless this is another okie-doke, I'm not sure how Humans take back the planet when they are now that far down on the scoreboard.

They are risking jumping the shark to try to fix that...

How many seasons are left? Hopefully not many (1 or 2 more, tops), because this is not a show that can be stretched out without diluting itself into tap water or whatever the **** this is...

tumblr_bb56bc44d964594d1d7b8b16ec9c3da0_99163f14_540.gif

Edited by Renegade7

My wife and just started watching Kings of Pain. It's on History (I think) but we just search for it On Demand. It's these two guys who go around and capture bugs, snakes, lizards, and fish that apparently have the most painful bites/stings, they then let them bite/sting them, then they come back a day later and rate the pain, duration, and damage on a 30-point scale. 

This show won't make you smarter, but holy crap is it sometimes the perfect gap filler and fun to watch. 

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its the best show out right now. I just hate the long time between seasons.

I'm not sure if I'm enjoying it more than Stranger Things or Ozark, but it's up there.  A buddy of mine has hyped it to me recently, said seasons 2 and 3 are even better.  Looking forward to it.

On 7/5/2022 at 2:10 PM, Yohan said:

Over the 4th of July weekend, I binged "The Bear" on Hulu.  It stars jeremy Allen White (Lip Gallagher). Its about a rising star chef in the culinary world, who inherits his brothers restaurant in Chicago, after his brother commits suicide.  It has both funny and serious moments and chaos. I'm a sucker for Chef shows, but it is worth the watch. It's only the first season, but season two was given the green light.

Just got into this last night.  Watched the first 2 episodes.  Digging the soundtrack.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 5:50 AM, SkinsFTW said:

4 years late is nothing.. My almost 70 year old mom recently started watching all of the star trek series online. I mean all of them. 100s of episodes I am sure.

35-40 years ago when I was a kid and was into that stuff she didn't want anything to do with it lol. 

Now whenever she's visiting she keeps telling me to watch this or that Star Trek series and I'm totally not going to lol.

I grew up with my grandmother. I distinctly remember when Star Trek started running in syndication in our area in the afternoons. I saw a couple of promos for it, tuned in and was instantly hooked. This was during the mid 70's when not everyone had eight TVs in their house and for poor people like us, remotes didn't exist. So the first couple of afternoons, I'm sitting there watching it, completely enthralled while my grandmother is sitting behind me in the dining room. Every so often, I'd hear her sigh and say something like "I don't know why you like watching mess like this" or "You kids and this awful TV". Eventually, she stopped commenting and I assumed she'd just tuned it out. One day, they re-ran an episode I'd already seen and I'm watching something else and from the kitchen I hear her say "Turn on our show and I'll be out in a minute." I was still 😂😂😂 long after that episode ended.

On 7/20/2022 at 2:38 AM, PokerPacker said:

This is the go-to trick in the terrible-writing playbook.  Go all-in on diversity so when people don't like your terrible writing, you can paint them as racist or sexist.  When Ghostbusters 2016 came out, Sony had all of the constructive criticisms deleted from youtube comments but left the sexist comments (youtube comments gonna youtube comment) so they could paint their critics as sexist.  Stick it to those sexists by watching our movie!

Let us not also forget that there are any number of movies that are actually good in which an actor of color or a woman is cast in a traditionally white male role or even a role derived or from source material in which the character has no specified race and the troglodytes immediately come out to 💩 on it for no other reason than its diversity. And don't even get me started on films in which the main characters are magically whitewashed, contrary to reality or source material.

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TK said:

For those of you that don't know, The Boys was created by Garth Ennis, the same guy that created & wrote Preacher & did a 9 year run writing Punisher for Marvel.

Didnt watch Punisher.

Preacher was great except for the last 3 episodes when it went unhinged. But I guess all the craziness now makes some sense.

Edited by Die Hard

51 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is Sauron in the new LOTR show

CCD4B0A7-332C-4F1B-84DE-64C6247384FF.thumb.jpeg.f4b2d5a41c589092a99aa93ca68676a1.jpeg

Elrond wanted to flunk me in Mordor 

Thanks a lot, next semester I’ll be 34 

All I see is Eminem being cast for a Boyz and the Ring sequel.

Language warning.

44 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Man.

Hide contents

Homelander, what a piece of ****.  Easily the most despicable villain I've seen in a long time.  Maybe the worst ever.  

That’s what makes his character, and the actor that portrays him, so good!

Spoiler

In the very first episode of season 3, where he’s getting a handjob from his girlfriend lying in a hospital bed mutilated and immobilized…. was freaking hysterical.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

That’s what makes his character, and the actor that portrays him, so good!

Reveal hidden contents

In the very first episode of season 3, where he’s getting a handjob from his girlfriend lying in a hospital bed mutilated and immobilized…. was freaking hysterical.

Considering he's the guy from Banshee, I didn't really expect a performance like this.  Banshee was a fun show, but I didn't expect that guy to do anything else other than that.

• Like 1