Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

14 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I’ve onlY gotten to watch one episode of Narcos:Mexico S2. It was good. I’ve honestly loved all the Narcos seasons, and I expect great things from this one as well

I finished it and yes, it was real good.

Last night I started "The Trials of Gabriel" on Netflix. Limited series documentary about the horrible physical abuse/murder of an 8 year old boy in Los Angeles. I only finished the first episode so I'm not sure where it's going from there but it's good... if you can hack the abuse part. That poor, poor child.

Edited by Chachie

I watched "When They See Us." on Netflix. I was about ten or eleven when the Central Park Five happened. So, I had a vague knowledge about the subject, but did not know any of the details, and never sought it out.

This show is a hard watch, not that it's bad. But what they did to those poor kids and families was just awful. I had a range of emotions from watching this. Fear, anger, and sadness to name a few. It gets an A+ from me. I think it's a must watch. Bonus: Everyone's favorite president makes an appearance. Ugh.

• Like 4

On 2/24/2020 at 5:29 AM, bakedtater1 said:

.I usually go do something else as she will watch that ridiculous ass sabrina teenage witch bopper ****..or unbreakable Kimmy or the good place yuck...god i hate the off season lol

I never watched Sabrina the teenage witch, but I did watch the chilling adventures of Sabrina, based on a recommendation here on this board.  I have to say, the last season was particularly deep... addressing many of the questions that we all have, but are afraid to ask.  Such as "What would it be like if we dressed Sabrina in a cheerleader outfit for most of the season?";  "How strange would it be to start including musical numbers, randomly, in episodes after not having any in the first few seasons?"; "Can we get the Run DMC song It's Tricky stuck in Nerm's head for more than a week?"

Honestly, if I did not watch the final season, i would have gone to my grave thinking the lyrics for It's tricky were "It's tricky to rock around".  Now I know that I have been singing it wrong my whole life, all because I watched Sabrina sing "It's tricky to rock a rhyme" while I had the closed captions on.  So, I learned things about the world and myself due to that show.

• Haha 3

On 2/27/2020 at 12:04 PM, Fan since a Fetus said:

I watched "When They See Us." on Netflix. I was about ten or eleven when the Central Park Five happened. So, I had a vague knowledge about the subject, but did not know any of the details, and never sought it out.

This show is a hard watch, not that it's bad. But what they did to those poor kids and families was just awful. I had a range of emotions from watching this. Fear, anger, and sadness to name a few. It gets an A+ from me. I think it's a must watch. Bonus: Everyone's favorite president makes an appearance. Ugh.

the Ken Burns documentary on the Central Park Five is on Amazon Prime if you're interested in more info on it.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Thanks 1

finally got around to finishing Hunters. Overall, I really liked the season. final episode wasn't their best though. not going to happen, but they need a stronger lead character, he's the least interesting of the group by a long shot.

this show really excelled at the smaller more intimate moments between characters. mindy & murray scenes were by far my favorites of the season, and the cop talking to her mom

• Like 1

Season 5 of Magicians is airing now and it will be it's last. SyFy has cancelled the show.

The Magicians Cancelled by Syfy  

>>>Syfy’s The Magicians will come to an end with its fifth season finale. On Tuesday, Syfy announced that the fifth season of The Magicians will be the show’s last. That means the show’s April 1st season five finale will now serve as the show’s series finale....<<<<

This wasn't surprising.  Most Syfy scripted shows end after their 4th or 5th seasons.

23 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Better Call Saul returned last week. Awesome start to the season. Hank Schrader made his debut last night.

Damn you and your spoilers! I caught on episodes 1 and 2 last night and was going to watch 3 tonight hopefully!

30 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Damn you and your spoilers! I caught on episodes 1 and 2 last night and was going to watch 3 tonight hopefully!

I mean its not really a spoiler. The show was advertising his return on the commercials and all over social media.

giphy.gif

Netflix getting real sneaky. Castlevania S3 just dropped. Very well done adaptation of that old NES game, in graphic anime form. I know what I'm watching this weekend.

Outlander has also been good (I'm on the ep in S1 where Claire and the flatulant noblemans wife are being tried as witches). Just a little too lovey dubby for my single man standards, though. That, and the fact that they cast dude from The Terror S1 as both his present day self and Colonial Scotland super great grandfather. Bothers me a bit, though I get why they did it.