Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

9 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

In 16 days we get to see Serpico/Tony Montana/Michael Corleone and Percy Jackson kill some ****ing nazis in 1977 New York.

Anyone else looking forward to Hunters S1 on Amazon 

Trailers have looked great

Jordan Peele hasnt missed yet for me

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 3:32 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

McMillion's on HBO.  I just watched the first episode, it's the only one that's been released.  It's a docuseries on the people that rigged the McDonald's Monopoly game in the early 2000s and how the FBI caught them.  There's one agent who's being interviewed that's hysterical, it's great.  

I just popped in here to plug McMillion$ :) 

That one agent needs his own stand up special. :ols:

FYI there's also a podcast after it airs where the producers are sharing stories that they had to cut. The one about the FBI setting up the wire tap is bat**** crazy.

• Like 2

This is probably late and may be an unpopular take but the ending of the Good Place was ****ing stupid as hell and it shows how unimaginative and disconnected humans are when dealing with eternity and change and desire.

What a disappointment.

Edited by Fresh8686

24 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

This is probably late and may be an unpopular take but the ending of the Good Place was ****ing stupid as hell and it shows how unimaginative and disconnected humans are when dealing with eternity and change and desire.

What a disappointment.

To be fair to humans, we only have change and desire in our short lives. 

1 minute ago, Chachie said:

To be fair to humans, we only have change and desire in our short lives. 

Meh, only? What an overly reductionistic take.

Change is everything, so to only have change is to only have everything, so why imply some kind of scarcity with a term that is inherently abundant?

And desire is a combustion based sub-system, that's pretty awesome but not something to get so caught up in or depressed by. People **** themselves up thinking that particular fish bowl is the whole ocean, when there is much more out there.

And I don't know about you, but my parts and energies have always existed in a physical sense. 

For something to be short in the ultimate/absolute sense, it would have to end in an ultimate sense, but it doesn't end/stop it changes and it's humans who through the pressure of their own perceptional limitations try to change, change into something against it's very nature by calling it death. Which is some stupid absolute term created by stupid humans who don't understand change and can't handle it's complexity, so they create finite, absolute concepts that match the finite capacity of their understanding and then try to project that finite nonsense onto the universe at large and the very substance of life that inhabits and includes them. 

At worst what people call "death" is a reduction in the connective complexity of a dynamic system, but even then there are so many layers and spectra to energy outside the bounds of our perception, that one cannot say with near absolute certainty that the reduction of connective complexity on this physical plane does not carry an equal opposite addition of connective complexity on a different plane. And even if it didn't we do have proof that the parts that make up our particular dynamic system (aka our body) don't just cease to exist, but are re-absorbed and re-distributed into nature to make up other connective dynamic systems, from plants to rocks, to other living beings with greater to lesser degrees of connective complexity. 

Which just leaves the question of our consciousness and identity, which if you peak behind the curtain of your mind enough is not this seamless unique thing everyone is so often hung up on about. It can change a lot and we can change a lot and in that changing lose the need to feel so anchored to what we feel to be uniquely "us" in this point in time. The very nature of consciousness and identity can change and in those changes are thresholds, which carry different characteristics of understanding, perception/cognition, conatus, and desire.

TLDR: People can't contain limitless change, so they project limits on change to help them perceive it while at the same time ****ing future generations because the flaws of that projected cognitive short-cut are built into the paradigms that underpin our beliefs and expectations regarding existence and we forget how to weed it out of our mental source-code.

Corruption of principle via a reduction into threshold-breaching simplicity.

Wife and I watched the series finale for Power (Starz) yesterday.  I've enjoyed the show over the years, thought it was really great at times.  The ending was lackluster and disappointing imo.  I thought they could have done better, especially after the way they drug the show out by doing a mid-season break for a show on a premium channel, then skipping a week before the finale.

Spoiler

I was hoping they would have made Ghost's killer someone else than the suspects they gave us.  They made it his son, which is fine considering they had been working up to that anyhow, his son is turning into him angle.  And while I found it absolutely hilarious that he screwed his wife out of his will and gave everything to his kids, with the stipulation that Tariq had to graduate college first with a 3.5 gpa before all that money/club/etc. would be his.  I kinda wish that would have been the ending.  With a flash forward a couple of years showing either Tariq in college, or slinging drugs but with Tasha working at some crappy job to make ends and having to actually do something.  Even if they had ended it with her new boyfriend being framed, I'd have liked that.

Watched Tell Me a Story (CBS All Access) seasons 1 and 2 and thought they were really good.  Each season is it's own story, definitely recommend checking it out if you subscribe to CBS All Access.

Counterpart is now on Amazon, and I spent the weekend bingeing season 2, which I thought was better than S1.

Fair warning: S1E1 is painfully slow, because there's so much they have to set up to establish the premise of the show. Once you get through the first couple episodes it takes off.

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Wife and I watched the series finale for Power (Starz) yesterday.  I've enjoyed the show over the years, thought it was really great at times.  The ending was lackluster and disappointing imo.  I thought they could have done better, especially after the way they drug the show out by doing a mid-season break for a show on a premium channel, then skipping a week before the finale.

I think they had said they were going to do spin offs for some of the characters. Get ready for Tariq in the Power versions of The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, & Revenge of the Sith :ols: 

I can see it now. 

TOMMY: "Give it up Tariq. I have the high ground" :rofl89:

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, TK said:

I think they had said they were going to do spin offs for some of the characters. Get ready for Tariq in the Power versions of The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, & Revenge of the Sith :ols: 

I can see it now. 

TOMMY: "Give it up Tariq. I have the high ground" :rofl89:

A while back, I had read about two spin-offs.  Looks like they decided to give us four lol

https://ew.com/tv/2020/02/09/power-spinoffs-teaser/

7 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

What a disappointment.

WOAT take.

The end was great. Very full of feels. Was worried they wouldn't be able to land it after heading down to earth. 

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

WOAT take.

The end was great. Very full of feels. Was worried they wouldn't be able to land it after heading down to earth. 

It was irresponsibly stupid. There is an Atlantic article out about how it sent out a pro suicide message that ****ed with a lot of people and caused existential harm. 

It showed a complete failure in the understanding of meaning and the transformative nature of love and healthy growth. It discards responsibility and inter-connectedness for a finite life purpose of consumption and makes no attempt to utilize the importance of pacing and having a diversity of emotions in the afterlife. Which of course leads people to treating life or Heaven like a drug to grow an eventual tolerance too and then because their life has no more purpose or anything left to consume/experience it must therefore choose disintegration. 

Thats a junky ass way of viewing eternity and thankfully the universe has a better design than what these morons ended up with. 

I thought The Mandalorian was pretty good. I doubted that they could make it gritty enough to fall in line with the merc bounty hunter theme and keep it pg-13ish, but they pulled it off ("The Prisoner" was my favorite ep by far).

I'm curious about the Yoda looking baby though. Judging by this season and the finale in particular,  it looks like Mando is going to go up against a rogue Jedi, trying to claim it for their own and use it to restore some semblance of the Order.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

3 hours ago, zskins said:

Jack Ryan was damn good. Finished both season in two days.... only 8 episodes per season though. :(

I love 24 types of show. :)

Are there any more shows like this?

you might like Bodyguard on Netflix, its a bit more cerebral, but the action is still there

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Rogue jedi? You talking about rogue jedi because of the darksaber, sin? The darksaber was created by the first mandalorian who became a jedi many many many years prior. 🤓

Moff Gideon isn't a rogue jedi though.

Nah, it was the whole "Take him to his homeland" and "the jedi are the enemy" thing that got me curious. Figured the more the baby did.... you know... The more another castoff/hemant type barely holding on (somewhere in the outer rim or something) would sense it and "Rescue" it, putting Mando against one of them.

The black lightsaber thing was cool, but being as I'm dumb, and not into the Star Wars non film lore, I guess I missed the significance,  and assumed he just got a hold of some lightsaber schematic and wanted to swag it out a bit...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Ep 4 of Altered Carbon... wow. Been watching this for the past few nights and its beautifully insane

Season 2, with a different actor should be airing soon.

There maybe good new Lucifer fans.  They are supposedly in talks to go beyond Season 5.  Hopefully, it happens.

Season 5 airs sometime this year.

REPORT: Netflix Wants to Renew Lucifer for Season 6

• Like 1

Finished The Stranger last night on Netflix.  I highly recommend it.  It's a pretty twisted show that keeps you always wanting to know what is coming next.  And the end delivered too.  The acting in this show was fantastic as well.

Now I can binge Narcos Mexico S2 this weekend.

Edited by purbeast