Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

This show came out back in 1986. Just watched couple of episodes here and there when I was in high school. Found it on Hulu and all six seasons are on it. If you like to go back in time then you have to watch Perfect Strangers. It was the most funniest show I remember. 

Larry takes Balki to a singles bar:

Balki:  So this is one of your American mating places?

Larry: Meeting. Meeting places. They mate somewhere else. 

:rofl89:

Edited by zskins
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 7/3/2019 at 5:47 PM, Bang said:

Started "Good Omens" on Prime. I love Neil Gaiman. Probably the most imaginative writer i have ever read. So far the series does not disappoint. 

I have been on a bit of a Brit kick lately.. never saw "the IT Crowd" before. Some of it is downright hilarious. And of course, The Mighty Boosh is on Prime and it is one of the goofiest / oddest things I've seen. Tony Harrison for president of the Shaman's Guild!

~Bang

I have been try to preach the IT Crowd to my friends.... but it hasn;t caught on.    i LOVE that show.

I only saw the first mighty boosh  (i didn't realize it was on prime??)     that one was a head scratcher, but i plan to give it a few chances... 

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

I am little hesitant to watch because the concept is similar to Ground Hog Day and Edge of Tomorrow. 

pretty much everything is similar to SOMETHING in concept... its all about how well it is done.   I thought Russian Dolls was done really well.

5 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

I have been try to preach the IT Crowd to my friends.... but it hasn;t caught on.    i LOVE that show.

I only saw the first mighty boosh  (i didn't realize it was on prime??)     that one was a head scratcher, but i plan to give it a few chances... 

pretty much everything is similar to SOMETHING in concept... its all about how well it is done.   I thought Russian Dolls was done really well.

Ditto on the IT Crowd. Wished there were more season to it. 

I will start Russian Doll then and see how it goes. 

• Like 2

On 7/3/2019 at 5:47 PM, Bang said:

I have been on a bit of a Brit kick lately.. never saw "the IT Crowd" before. Some of it is downright hilarious. And of course, The Mighty Boosh is on Prime and it is one of the goofiest / oddest things I've seen. Tony Harrison for president of the Shaman's Guild!

~Bang

have you tried "Toast of London"?

I barely stayed with it for the first episode, but it becomes pure bizarre awesomeness :)

(It is on Netflix)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

I barely stayed with it for the first episode, but it becomes pure bizarre awesomeness :)

(It is on Netflix)

I heart Matt Berry. He's good in the tv version of "What We Do in the Shadows" also.

• Like 1

Not sure what to say about the new show “Euphoria” on HBO. Pretty much about high school kids doing drugs and the drama that follows, not very appealing. Watched all of Stranger things in about 3 days, it was good. Better than season 2 but still thought season 1 is the best.  

8 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

(It is on Netflix)

Not yet, but i will.

TheMighty Boosh's first season can be downright strange, it's like they're finding their way. By the second season it really starts going bonkers.

Noel Fielding is NUTS

~Bang

Not a tv show but I didn’t know where to put this. 

The new Aziz special on Netflix is hilarious. I think it’s his best one yet. He’s older, more mature, more laid back and reflecting on his life and past mistakes as well as current events like the R Kelly stuff or the Michael Jackson documentary. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

I caught the first 2 ep's of Twin Peaks last night. I'd always heard of this show, but never got around to watching it. Im trying to catch as much stuff as I can before it gets taken off Netflix and the Streaming Wars begin

The show has had some moments, but it hasnt really hooked me yet. Is it one of those shows that takes awhile to get going, or is it overrated? Or is it (gulp) me? 

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I caught the first 2 ep's of Twin Peaks last night. I'd always heard of this show, but never got around to watching it. Im trying to catch as much stuff as I can before it gets taken off Netflix and the Streaming Wars begin

The show has had some moments, but it hasnt really hooked me yet. Is it one of those shows that takes awhile to get going, or is it overrated? Or is it (gulp) me? 

First season is pretty darn good.  Audrey 😍 (too bad she was jailbait) 

Its hard to say without spoiling it, but it gets off track in season 2.   I think it was the demand of too many episodes (22 in season 2 vs just 8 in season 1)

Its too bad this show didn't come out in the HBO/Netflix years when 10-12 episodes was acceptable

• Like 1

Stranger Things Season 3 - 8/10 - would have given it a 6/10 but it really picked up in the last 2 episodes. Still had quite a bit of really stupid stuff going on, and they are trying way too hard with the whole nostalgia thing, but it was still pretty good and was much better than season 2.

On 7/8/2019 at 8:46 PM, zskins said:

This show came out back in 1986. Just watched couple of episodes here and there when I was in high school. Found it on Hulu and all six seasons are on it. If you like to go back in time then you have to watch Perfect Strangers. It was the most funniest show I remember. 

Larry takes Balki to a singles bar:

Balki:  So this is one of your American mating places?

Larry: Meeting. Meeting places. They mate somewhere else. 

:rofl89:

Awesome show!

If we're going to throw it back to 80s cheese, Family Ties is on Amazon Prime and it's awesome.  Michael J Fox as Alex P. Keaton is great.  The Reaganite throwing zingers back and forth with his ex-hippie parents and his ditzy older sister (Justine Bateman who was quite a fox in the eyes of young Spiff).

• Like 2

On 7/12/2019 at 9:44 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Awesome show!

If we're going to throw it back to 80s cheese, Family Ties is on Amazon Prime and it's awesome.  Michael J Fox as Alex P. Keaton is great.  The Reaganite throwing zingers back and forth with his ex-hippie parents and his ditzy older sister (Justine Bateman who was quite a fox in the eyes of young Spiff).

Family Ties was great as well. I wish I could find ALF in streaming. That show was hilarious as hell. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zskins said:

Family Ties was great as well. I wish I could find ALF in streaming. That show was hilarious as hell. 

I thought I saw something awhile back about a possible Alf reboot? 

3 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Alf? Really? No,no.,and no. 

Relax. Alf reboot is not happening. I don't like reboots anyways.

Warner Bros.' planned ALF reboot is apparently no longer happening, as no networks have expressed interest in picking up the series.

Edited by zskins

Finished ST. 

Spoiler

Credits roll: Very feels. Much sad. 

Post credits: :o HOPP!!!!

Season 3 of Divorce on HBO is okay so far, kinda glad this is it, though. 

Final season of The Affair starts next month, trailer looks intense.  Definitely a quality show that doesn't get the attention it deserves, IMO.