Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Two episodes in to S3 of Jessica Jones, and it's crap so far.  The show so far is centered around the Trish character and her annoying mother. It's not quite Iron Fist level awful, but if it doesn't pick up in the next couple episodes I will give up on it.

4 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Two episodes in to S3 of Jessica Jones, and it's crap so far.  The show so far is centered around the Trish character and her annoying mother. It's not quite Iron Fist level awful, but if it doesn't pick up in the next couple episodes I will give up on it.

Image result for shut your whore mouth animated gif

I liked Iron Fist.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

It picks up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, visionary said:

I mean, it could be both.  Great in quality and dangerous in messaging if they end up making fascism and genocide look cool.  

I played this game as a young teen.  I don't recall a whole lot other than the  factions of Humans, Orks, and Eldar, (which was pretty much copied from plain Warhammer Humans/Ors/Elves),.  The Space Marines were the elite fighting force for the humans.   And then there was this Emperor dude who was unnaturally old but kept alive by machines but completely immobile.   Oh yeah, and some people had psychic powers and there these Inquisitor dudes (working for the Emperor) who would go around and hunt down the psychics to either capture/kill.   And I think there were these Navigator guys who were the only ones who could pilot spaceships but also had to be psychic.  

Warhammer 40K is still fairly popular these days among war gamers (at Games Workshop and other gaming stores), but it also gets a lot of usage of late in tabletop (or online) role playing and along with Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay,  I think tends to focus on hunting down enemies of the empire and brutally eliminating heretics and people corrupted by Chaos.  It's sort of known for it's 'grimdark' atmosphere.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000_Roleplay

I generally have mixed feelings about Warhammer campaigns, because the setting is interesting, but they often get really dark and the characters end up doing pretty awful stuff.

Of course the Dawn of War video games were pretty fun and popular back in the day (I don't think the most recent version was as well rated).  I really liked some of the earlier ones where you got to play as different factions.

Edited by visionary

9 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Watched season 1 of Bad Blood on Netflix.  It's about the mob in Montreal and one mob family.  Pretty good so far, just started season 2.

Let us know, man.  That's been in my queue for a while now, just never pulled the trigger to start it.  Trailer looked interesting enough.  

3 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

So anyone watching the new season of Last Chance U?

Any thoughts?

Yeah, their radio guy cursed them when he called them the Dallas cowboys of the division. :ols:

Also think King was trying to take the Concussion Championship away from Jordan Reed. 

The violin guy at the Halloween game...What the ****. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TK said:

Yeah, their radio guy cursed them when he called them the Dallas cowboys of the division. :ols:

Also think King was trying to take the Concussion Championship away from Jordan Reed. 

LOL, I want a full line of coach Brown motivational posters.

I knew the season was in trouble when the coach's dog got borderline trampled after leading the team on the field before the game.

5 hours ago, TK said:

Dude, not what I expected to happen this season.

Spoiler

Them dropping 8 straight games after being picked to compete for a national championship.  And I just read an article that says Coach Brown was charged with 

felony blackmail for impersonating a lawyer in emails sent to some newspaper.  WTF?   

https://247sports.com/Article/Last-Chance-U-coach-Jason-Brown-charged-with-blackmail-identity-theft-133282646/

Crazy, I loved watching that coach, granted, he went overboard on calling himself Hitler to that German player/manager.  

Can't wait for when the Expanse gets released December 13th on Amazon Prime. It's going to be hard getting used to seeing Burn Gorman in a science fiction show. I've only ever watched him in Turn and Game of Thrones, and he never struck me as the rugged type of character that he's cast for in Expanse.

Spoiler

• Like 2

On 7/20/2019 at 12:32 PM, JSSkinz said:

So anyone watching the new season of Last Chance U?

Any thoughts?

Raechal Martin, the athletic trainer and Heather Mydosh, the English teacher are the MVPs.