Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.


Recommended Posts

The Expanse &  The Witcher. Take me now...

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

I've just started this. I'm only 2 episodes in. There is a lot to keep up with, it reminded me of starting GOT with all the characters and factions to remember. 

 

I like it a lot so far.

 

For beltalowda!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2018 at 9:17 AM, Yohan said:

Watched Bodyguard on Netflix. It’s a UK show, that stars Robb Stark, and a bunch of people I don’t know.  The body guards is protecting someone who is opposite of his ideals and makes you wonder if he is in on the shenanigans. The show is only 6 episodes long, and honestly don’t know how they could continue the series, if there was to be a season 2.

 

Binge watched this during Saturday's heat. Loved it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to watch the first episode of Another Life, because I'm a big fan of science fiction, but only made it as far as when we first meet the crew.  Apparently my ability to suspend my disbelief has limits, and squabbling children as the crew to make first contact with aliens is beyond it.  This show feels like a tumblr blog became a scifi show.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

just finished catch 22, and its probably the best show ive seen this year so far (edit: besides chernobyl).

 

dark is very good too, but you have to have a character cheat sheet open on your phone while you watch to keep up

Edited by mammajamma
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Boys on Amazon Video

 

been awhile since I read the comics, but the show is pretty good 3 episodes in. They changed some things for the better IMO, but still kept some of the over the top elements the series was known for.

 

Its already been renewed for a 2nd season.

Edited by StillUnknown
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 4:16 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

I've just started this. I'm only 2 episodes in. There is a lot to keep up with, it reminded me of starting GOT with all the characters and factions to remember. 

 

I like it a lot so far.

 

It's an amazing show.  One of the best on TV.  I'm very grateful that Amazon saved it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

The Boys on Amazon Video

 

been awhile since I read the comics, but the show is pretty good 3 episodes in. They changed some things for the better IMO, but still kept some of the over the top elements the series was known for.

 

Its already been renewed for a 2nd season.

I’ve watched three episodes and I’m loving it so far.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 2:18 PM, Cooked Crack said:
Damn. Patriot is the best show you're not watching. Jeff Bezos bout to get a very harshly written email.

I really enjoyed Patriot, but I honestly didn't know it was ever expected to get a third season.  Seemed like it told the story it wanted to in those two seasons with no reason to expect a third.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 5:38 PM, Destino said:

I tried to watch the first episode of Another Life, because I'm a big fan of science fiction, but only made it as far as when we first meet the crew.  Apparently my ability to suspend my disbelief has limits, and squabbling children as the crew to make first contact with aliens is beyond it.  This show feels like a tumblr blog became a scifi show.   

I watched the whole thing.  It was meh.  Nothing really special about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, zskins said:

Was disappointed to see only 13 episodes for the final season of Orange Is The New Black. The ending seemed rushed a little. Overall the last season was good though. 

 

I'm almost finished with the final season.  It's been mostly boring imo.  I'm glad it's ending though, anything more would be a massive overkill.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, zskins said:

Was disappointed to see only 13 episodes for the final season of Orange Is The New Black. The ending seemed rushed a little. Overall the last season was good though. 

 

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

 

I'm almost finished with the final season.  It's been mostly boring imo.  I'm glad it's ending though, anything more would be a massive overkill.  


Kinda felt that's how this final season was gonna go.  We'll probably knock it out this week.

You guys ready for Wentworth on Thursday?!  I like that a lot more than OITNB.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 1:05 PM, Chew said:

 


Kinda felt that's how this final season was gonna go.  We'll probably knock it out this week.

You guys ready for Wentworth on Thursday?!  I like that a lot more than OITNB.

 

Man, I've slept on Wentworth.........which is sad, cause it's such a good show.  I found that gem when it first came out and loved it and then just forgot about it over the years, because I watch way to much TV lol.  

 

Gonna say that I'll start it back up this weekend..........knowing I'll most likely forget again, only for my brother from another mother @Chew to remind me in this thread.

 

Image result for bash brothers animated gif

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 11:37 AM, StillUnknown said:

Finished The Boys, and enjoyed it the whole way through. Only 8 episodes for season 1 but it allowed for a tighter pacing, getting rid of filler associated with longer seasons. Cant wait to see what they do with season 2. 

 

I liked it too.  There were some irritating plot holes and some story ideas that were a little disappointing in how common they are.  Some of the themes were very ham-handed too. But the show was fairly strong and certainly entertaining and parts of the story were very well conceived.  It was refreshing and uncomfortable and funny and the performances were generally good, especially Jack Quaid's and Anthony Starr's.  Erin Morriarty was good too.  Amazon's original programming is still pretty strong.

One quibble I have, Chase Crawford just isn't funny or charismatic enough to pull off that Aqua-man parody.  He was good playing rapey douche-bag, but not great playing a comic role in the later episodes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2019 at 10:29 PM, zskins said:

I found ALF on Amazon Prime. :D

 

Willie to Kate: What about Joe?

Kate: Joe who?

Willie: You know, that football guy. 

Kate: Theisman?

Willie: No Joe Namath.

Willie does a double take: Did you go out with Joe Theisman too?

 

Oh how wonderful it was back in the 80's to hear your team's Super Bowl winning QB to be mentioned on a national sitcom show. :)  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...